What do KARA fans think about DSP releasing another girl group?

mae

What do KARA fans think about DSP releasing another girl group?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What do KARA fans think about DSP releasing another girl group?

• Awesome! KARA and Rainbow can be BFFs
    • Nervous, not sure what will happen to KARA
    • Waiting to see what Rainbow has to offer
    • Not interested

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kara will support another girl group as a given as part of the same company. However Kara has and always will have their own unique charm. If Rainbow is going to be successful anyway they need to work their butts off like Kara given the amount of groups out there now. There is nothing wrong with Kara supporting a new group but it still comes down to each group worrying about themselves in the end. It's not like all the fans are just gonna suddenly jump ship right? In the end I'm just saying Kara is Kara and Rainbow is Rainbow...There's a lot of reasons why we all like Kara right? It's those reasons that will still keep Kara around whether theres new groups or not(unless DSP do something drastic and leave Kara to fend for themselves)

Can't say I'm really hooked into Rainbow but that could be just me, sometimes it takes me months to warm to a new group.

But yeah very sad to see AST1 pushed aside in any case. My personal opinion however...and please don't hate me for this comment...I think a big chunk of the kpop management business needs a big a--kicking as to how they go about their business. Musical artists are ppl too.

Personally, I think this is a good idea. With SM coming out with f(x), it is important for a company to be competitive, and not to rest their eggs in just one basket.

In like manner, I don't think that comparison between Rainbow and Kara will be fatal, not unless there are very VERY serious differences (i.e maybe fashion, or stage projection, or character). I think in fact, just as much as Rainbow can learn a lot from Kara, despite being the Sunbaes, Kara can learn some things as well from Rainbow. As labelmates, they can help each other grow. Although at the end of the day, as in the previous posts, it's still "every man for himself" (or every girl-group for itself).

Rainbow has a lot of potential, though. Then again, I still feel that Kara's got more to show us, but in due time...

My two cents worth...

I like Rainbow but a part of me would always think DSP was unfair toward KARA. The reason DSP invest more money into Rainbow is probably due to the fact they don't want to make the same mistake they did with KARA or even A'ST1 (It sad to see a talented group be wasted like that) and in a way I'm happy they realized it. However, I hope DSP will always give priority to KARA because I don't think Rainbow could have this debut if KARA didn't become so popular now. But for now, I'm satisfy with it...KARA is doing really well and I wish their comeback would put them on another level.

Moreover, It's nice to see DSP becoming bigger...and now that A'ST1 isn't here anymore.

^ TRUE that.

Well, Rainbow has more funds cause KARA and SS501 are bringing so much cash in the company.

I just hope for another KARA comeback and I want to see DSP invest in KARA more!

Take KARA to another level DSP! Give us a HIT song!

Edited by KaraNice

I know that Kara and Rainbow has a Senior-Junior relationship between them so i'm definitely looking forward to seeing them together on screen..

but I voted for the 3rd option, i'm waiting what Rainbow has to offer..

I can't say I really care for Rainbow too much at this point. Kara had an unique appeal to me when I first heard them because there weren't THAT many new girl groups, but recently with the sudden influx, Rainbow kind of lost the edge. I wish the best for them, though.

Also, lol at their bad luck recently with messing up twice on stage.. haha

ah, so they are Rainbow. I was wondering why I havent seen them before. No wonder I didnt recognize them. Well, from the looks of it, they may have something to offer. But with all the current girl groups out there, staring out may be rough for them. Several groups have debuted only just a few months ago. But with the recent debut of 2 male groups, shifting the attention to another girl group can garner attention.

i dont know rainbow since last week...i know them just last week bcoz they perform gossip girl on music bank....i also just know that they are DSP newest girl group....kara and rainbow,which one will be succesful like finKL??..ahahaha...hope there will be a good competition between those two but in the same times they are best frens...in SM,snsd already really close with f(x).....snsd also really close with kara...especially jessica and hara....i want all girl groups in korea will be good close frens ^^

At this point... I'm still on the teetering edge between yes and no. There's no in-between for me.

We all know DSP isn't what they're used to be--of course they're still one of the top moguls of the entertainment industry but they don't have the edge they used to have. I don't really have a big faith with DSP's marketing skills. :/

Personally, I really like Rainbow. They're not jailbait, everyone is legal and I think those girls can werk sexy and fabulous. They're like a crossing-over group between girly cute and feminine sassy. Think of a cross between SNSD and Afterschool. But I'm really worried for them. I like their mini-album and their title song but without the right promotions, I'm afraid Rainbow's going to be like one of DSP's 'throwaways'. Hopefully not.

But I'm confident KARA has already a solid fanbase both in Korea (where it really matters unfortunately! >.<!!) and international-wise, soooo... whatever happens, DSP is always behind our girls.

I knew some of these girls were suppose to join Kara after SungHee left.

I need to vent something and this is the closest thread for me to vent it out in. I hope no one gets offended by this.

I feel a bit annoyed, a little bit of bitterness, and maybe even jealousy towards Rainbow on behalf of Kara. It seems to me that DSP is investing a lot more energy, time, and money in to Rainbow's debut than they did for Kara. Even Kara's comeback didn't feel as if it was well enough invested compare to Rainbow's debut. Look back at Kara's debut and then re-debut with the five members, it seems pale in comparison to what DSP is doing for Rainbow now. Each stage there is a new outfit for the group while Kara gets the same outfits over and over again with different colors. I feel as if there is a bit of favoritism going on within DSP. I just hope DSP doesn't disregard Kara and use Japan as an excuse for them to promote Rainbow more. And especially with the news of Ast'1 disbanding, it makes me question DSP as a wholesome company to be under. I really feel for those boys from Ast'1, they all had real potential and DSP just wasted everything. They discarded the old and concentrated on the new. Kara is my number girl group in this K-pop world and I hope that DSP considers them as their number one girl group as well because god knows these girls went through a lot to get what they have now. As much as I'm liking Rainbow there's going to be a part of me that will have that bitter feeling towards them because of DSP's ways of working. Nothing against the girls of Rainbow, it's just DSP that needs the rude awakening.

Ok, sorry for the vent guys but I just had to get it off my chest.

I honestly feel the same way.

But yeah I bet DSP learned from their mistakes with KARA before so they don't want it to happen again.

With KARA and SS501's success, they have more resources to fund Rainbow.

everyone will agree that most of the time, the hoobae gets it easier cause even the fans of the sunbae becomes their fans.

I just hope DSP treats KARA well and doesn't abandon them cause yeah, God knows that KARA gave so much more to DSP and not the other way around. Anyway, I'm okay with Rainbow. I think changing colors with Rainbow's outfits won't work cause each member represents a color. They have no choice but to give new outfits LOL

i feel the same ways. ..... actually i feel more offended after they revealed rainbow's dorm room. Basically Kara started out with nothing and work their way up while the juniors BOOM! after two months of debuts got all the nice stuff from DSP and lots of promotion going on from DSP. AND AS a fan of them ever since they debuted .. its annoyed me A LOT! i don't get what kind of promotion DSP is doing but they better not abandon KARA like how they did with A'ST1( if they actually take more time grooming and attention to A'st1 the disband couldn't happen)

just have to get this out of my chest. and yes you're right i'm not a fan of rainbow nor i will ever be

I'm quoting these from the KARA + Rainbow thread, since it's more relevant here.

I totally agree. At first I was pretty much indifferent to these girls but after seeing their dorm, I'm a little bit like "what the hell". Even if DSP has more money to invest, they need to reinvest in KARA. They seriously need a dorm upgrade. KARA must be bringing in lots of money from all their CFs and activities, they deserve better treatment damnit!!

I'm thinking about how DSP threw away Sechkies so they could promote FinKL and how SM sent CSJH to japan so they could promote SNSD and I'm getting kinda upset.

When I saw Rainbow dorms I feel a little jealous for KARA because I really don't understand how DSP can give to a new group a better dorms than KARA. It's true that KARA debut wasn't a hit but now with all the CFs and activities they have, I think they bring money to DSP so why don't they have a better dorms (like SNSD who got a new one) or at least some equipements. Rainbow just debuted and of course they do a little better than KARA did but we can't say yet It's a hit either, so when I saw their living room I was like "DSP ! how can you do that to KARA !"

But whatever, I still support Rainbow and hope DSP will do their best to make them success. But I think that for the moment their promotion is still lacking if we compare to other new groups like f(x), Tiara, 4minute etc.

At first I was like wow, I'm supporting DSP family...trust me, I DO support them but it's harder for me to give my full support to Rainbow...it's weird? I know KARA is famous and all. They're never gone in year-end survey results for best artist of the year (YAY!!! yup yup! I've read a lot of articles about the rankings) but still, I don't see them where I want them to be.

And now all of a sudden, this new group is getting more support from DSP. I know DSP learned from all the mistakes when KARA debuted but it's just hard to see how easy it is for another girl group. And not to mention that KARA and Rainbow are similar in age? And also very similar in style! I don't see anything different with their marketing. SNSD is marketed way different from f(x) who's target is to be Asia's pop dance group while DSP also had to call Rainbow the next Fin.K.L. What are they trying to do?

I'm glad how KARA became famous cause I realized that Rainbow was supposed to debut last year or earlier this year. Was DSP getting ready to throw KARA when they set Rainbow's debut before? Dunno but what happened to A'ST1 shocked me.

I can't help but feel bitter. All this time that we're complaining about KARA's dorm and we see Rainbow gets better. No matter how I look at it, it's not right. It's unfair. Don't tell me that DSP can't afford it for KARA cause they can with Rainbow. You're sleeping under a rock if you haven't seen a single KARA CF. Most KAMILIA say that KARA's dorm is homey, I agree but KARA deserves better. It's not like KARA will say no if DSP offers them an upgraded dorm or at least entertainment sets.

Now I wonder where KARA's payment from CFs, variety shows are going to...I just wanted to let that out. I'll shut up and wait for KARA's comeback.

Oh! I actually didn't know Rainbow was another DSP group! My mom really liked their songs so I sent her the album... But it seems like DSP's still not as good at promoting their singers as other companies =(

As for the idea of a new group, I'm all for it as long as DSP doesn't pay less attention to Kara as a result of it.

Well I'm actually not interested. Half of the new girl groups that came out this year don't grab my attention at all besides 2NE1. I really hope DSP don't end up promoting KARA less and concentrating more on Rainbow since I think KARA stands out much more.

I haven`t heard or watched Rainbow very much, probably about one or two of the performances videos.. Well, it`s quite good for me.. Maybe because it is a new group, I need to adapt and listen to their song more often to be able to like them as much as I like KARA, hehe..

I don`t really care about their relationship though, because I am sure that they will maintain a very good and healthy relationship with each other.. They will compete and learn from each other to get better, that`s what I think and hope..

Well, I also hope that DSP will take care both groups equally and develop their full potential