What do KARA fans think about DSP releasing another girl group?

mae

What do KARA fans think about DSP releasing another girl group?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What do KARA fans think about DSP releasing another girl group?

• Awesome! KARA and Rainbow can be BFFs
    • Nervous, not sure what will happen to KARA
    • Waiting to see what Rainbow has to offer
    • Not interested

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i chose awesome/ first option :thumbup1:

Kara will always be my number 1 girl group fandom,

and to be honest i think its great that Rainbow will finally get to debut and officialy join the DSP ranks

its a testament at how far Kara has grown and developed, to the point where DSP is ready and willing to debut another girl group

i cant wait to see Rainbow/Kara interactions... hopefully XD

DSP line <333

I'm nervous. I don't know where KARA stands at this point, last we heard they will release a digital single in November. I know that a couple of the girls from Rainbow started training around the same time as Gyuri, SeungYeon, and Nicole so I hope to see their interactions. I'm pretty sure KARA will support Rainbow :P.. but from a KARA fan's pov, i'm just anxious about how having another girl group at DSP will work.. it's only been KARA for so long. I am dreading about the comparisons and competition that will happen. I hope both fandoms will somehow be familiar with each other.. that won't be hard if we see KARA and Rainbow interacting though :thumbup:...and I don't like how DSP is hyping Rainbow as if KARA isn't good vocally or at dancing.. one can only think this way from their statements :).. KARA may not be how they imagined them to be but I think they are lucky to have them. DSP must be careful... unfamiliar territory we are heading towards lol.

To be honest I am nervous for Kara. Kara has debuted in 2007 but only recently around 2008 to 2009 they started getting more recognition and DSP started focusing on Kara more. I feel like a big part of why Kara had such a hard in the beginning when they first debuted was the lack of promotions DSP gave Kara. Many bigger companies such as YG, JYP, SM, etc promote their new artists like crazy and try their best to get their artists into every show and interview possible but for Kara DSP only promoted them for a short while.

Kara is doing really great right now and I hope their new digital single will not be delayed b/c DSP is focused on Rainbow. I am excited DSP is slowly rebuilding their company and this new group will help give the DSP line a bigger family but I hope DSP will continue to support Kara and I hope they will not delay Kara new digital album that is suppose to release in November. The only part that I don't like is DSP stating the members are like Finkl b/c they claimed that Kara members were suppose to be the second generation of Finkl in both skills and looks. I feel like DSP is focusing more on rainbow now and I hope they don't just shove Kara to Japan. I know Kara is getting popular in Japan right now but I hope DSP will still continue to promote them in Korea b/c Kara's fanbase is growing everyday and Kamilia will miss them dearly and I really am happy for our girls who are getting really popular and being able to be on different TV shows.

Overall, best luck for Rainbow but Kara will always be my fav. girl group from DSP.

Edited by yoomster

Awesome yo.. a bit nervous too.. Kara is quite established group now and dont think DSP will neglect them.. I just hope Rainbow can survive in this Girls group war.. im not going to be bias and became their fan just because they're from DSP.. anticipating for their debut!!

I say AWESOME! With Kara's popularity range, I don't think Rainbow will be able to push Kara out of the

spot-light. No matter what happens and how good Rainbow is, Kara will always be my # 1 favorite female

group. Besides, I think it's about time DSP release another female group. I want to see interactions between

both groups. Then Kara will have dong-saengs to look after and not have only their sunbaes SS501 + their

juniors A'ST1. I'm sure Kara fully supports Rainbow and will look after them. DSP family and more importantly

Family competition and rivalry! The only thing I'm worry about are the looks. I'm sure Rainbows going to gain

a lot of attention because of their cute and good looks. Anyways, if Rainbow debuts their biggest competition

is probably going to be T-ARA . . . good luck to Rainbow + Kara JJANG ~

I voted waiting.

Kara has recently become really popular.

I don't know what image that Rainbow is going for, though i can guess. Kara is still #1 to me.

There's a lot of what if's that I can think of, but no point in worrying about it now. I just want them to succeed.

i love it..

hope dsp will promote them well...

and hope rainbow is ready for it..

i mean no matter what.. ill support all DSP's artists :)

and hope that rainbow will be popular as kara is now and stuff..

REALLY excited :)

I'm super curious about Rainbow. I can't really choose one...But I picked the first choice. I want to see some more DSP love! And what better way with a girl group? Rainbow seems interesting enough. I wanna see them debut and I've been waiting a long while. At the same time, what will happen to KARA? SS501 is currently promoting, KARA is supposed to come back soon, and Rainbow will debut soon all during the same period? What? I'm a little nervous on what will happen...Hopefully DSP will work things out somehow and I hope that KARA and Rainbow are good friends and that we get to see their interactions!

i voted for waiting

curious about what rainbow will sound like. on the other hand, i'm nervous for kara. really hope dsp know what they are doing...

some rainbow and kara interactions would be great, seeing that some members of rainbow trained with seungyeon, gyuri and nicole

I'm waiting.

I feel really... safe (?) about where KARA is at the moment. They're doing much too well for DSP to forget about them (i mean, look at all those CFs and all those photoshoots and programs!) so I don't think there's going to be a long hiatus from KARA. Even though I wish DSP would solidify their place in the kpop world before releasing a new girl group... Rainbow has to debut sometime. (: As for the digital single... were they planning on promoting it? Aren't digital singles usually not promoted? but idk about that hahha.

Maybe DSP could even get some kind of show where Rainbow and KARA collaborate, who knows? But it'd be nice for the girls to have some fellow girl trainees debut haha (:

If anything, I'm worried about Rainbow's future. From their promo picture it seems like they're going down the "cute" route, and people aren't very receptive to the cute concept anymore. A lot's going to depend on their debut song and how talented they are and so for Rainbow, a lot of things are up in the air right now. I don't think DSP's words were to make any snide jabs at KARA, I think they were necessary to give the group a bit of attention before debut. They need to stand out, and what better way to say that than to call them the "second Fin.K.L.", right?

Oh well for me i voted nervous , because KARA just reached the point where they started to gain attention and love after they arised from their dim-lighted path and walked into a bright path . And i just wouldn't like dramas to surface between RAINBOW and KARA , as they might be compared .

But for my answer, I chose the nervous one... because I am nervous, what if they do send Kara over to Japan for a longer period of time and stop focusing on them as much if Rainbow does make it big.
As mentioned by chopsuey , i am really worried about DSP sending KARA to Japan for a long period of time then start to put more attention on RAINBOW instead once they make it out big . Then the spotlight will turn to RAINBOW , but then i hope if this does happen , KARA member's would stay strong and low profile for the time being , then to get the spotlight to shine on them once and for all ! What a thought ! But truthfully that is what i thought , as i liked KARA too much to even look at other girl groups from other companies such as SM ENTERTAINMENT , YG ENTERTAINMENT and such .

Personally i really don't hope DSP will send KARA to Japan for long , i do hope that KARA can continue to grow and spread then gain more love from the world , but i don't want KARA to be left out in the Kpop Battlegrounds ! I wish that members of KARA will be given more attention as individuals and also as a group even though DSP is backing up their idol empire . I am surely happy to see KARA-RAINBOW interactions , but i don't hope that KARA will be shadowed by RAINBOW's debut ! I hope that the both group had their share of the spotlight as DSP ENTERTAINMENT reigns charts ! xP ! Haha !

With Kara's popularity range, I don't think Rainbow will be able to push Kara out of the

spot-light.

As mentioned by K4RA--MIL1A , i am confident with the fan base KARA had will stay strong as KARA will always be the sweet melody in our heart ! Even though they may not be that owning like FIN K.L did but i am sure that KARA did something that FIN K.L didn't had a chance to do , which is to have a fierce competition in this Kpop Industries where more and more groups surface and formed to compete for the attention and love of fans . However , whenever a new group surfaces , fan of other groups will be converted to the new group's fan , reducing the number of fan supporting the group . I praying hard that this won't happen to KARA , KARA is too good for any of us to give up on !

Still , i love KARA and they will always be my #1 in my heart as the sweet melody of my heart . For all the joys and excitement they brought into my life , i will support them till the end ! Haha ! This rise of RAINBOW gave me a shock as i am so worried about the future of KARA , but i have deep faith in each of KARA's member , Gyuri , Seung Yeon , Nicole , Hara and Ji Young that they will continue to catch our attention and live well ! Kinda emotional lolx ! :blushing:

Anyways , thanks alot for the post !

♥ KARA ! KARA HWAITNG !

♥ Gyuri

♥ Seung Yeon

♥ Nicole

♥ Hara

♥ Ji Young

○ And hey ! Don't forget to vote for KARA in MAMA , even though they might not attend the event as well ! Show them our love ! x^D

To be honest, I think DSP will probably use their pride - Finkl, as a comparison for all of their girl groups. lol

Wasn't it the same when they introduced Sunha? They kept emphasizing that she trained hard vocally and physically (dance)... well, I agree that Sunha can sing, but they way the promoted her back then was just....really bad. She didnt have the chance to really showcase herself.

I'm more worried about Rainbow's future rather than them surpassing Kara. From 2007 onwards, all the artists DSP debuted had a super hard time. Sunha & Ast1 are still having a hard time one year after their debut. DSP can try to keep up with other companies by debuting artists each year, but it really wont make a difference to them/to us (?) if their promotions going to remain the same. =/ in fact, i think they will only suffer losses.

On a happier note, I'm really glad that Kara has a sister group to work with. :blushing:

To be honest, I wasn't expecting Rainbow until next year.

I want KARA to release more songs and establish themselves more.

But in the company's perspective, I believe DSP is hoping that KAMILIAs will support Rainbow.

KARA has a definite share of fanboys and fangirls (strong fanbase) and I guess DSP wants to keep that share.

If KARA goes to Japan without another girl group from the company, it'll be a waste to let that share go.

And honestly, if KAMILIAs support Rainbow, we can make sure that they'll always remember KARA.

Rainbow will always be known as KARA's junior.

KARA is #1 for me but I won't really like it if Rainbow gets a chance to perform with SS501 first.

I am a KARA and SS501 fangirl. My hope is to see them together on stage.

I still don't know why DSP never marketed KARA as female SS501.

It would have been a good strategy before.

I read somewhere before that Rainbow will be a sexy group.

But why is that they seem to be on the cute side?

I don't like KARA to be compared but I guess we can't help it.

Goodluck to Rainbow! But KARA and SS501 is the face of DSP.

Edited by KaraNice

I'm so nervous...:) what will happen to KARA?? I want DSP more concentrate on KARA for their albums and popularity..But I still support DSP if they want to do this..:) I hope KARA and Rainbow can help each other and maybe colaborate? ^_^ KARA~JJANG!

i hope that they do well though. somehow i get this feeling that DSP will help build their popularity by 'using' kara's popularity.. so.. KINDA piggybacking.. but that's my opinion. I could be wrong when their activities start though

i wonder what sound they're going to be producing for rainbow

I'm a person who judge more on the song than the image of a group.. so I'm nervous to what happen to KARA.. well if this rainbow song is more catchy and really good, who knows what would happen.. KARA will also have a comeback so lets see whose song got more love..

KARA is still my number 1 right now! =)

I'm not too sure because I wanted them to promote A'st1 more because they been in the shadows for way too long. I haven't been into Rainbow yet, so I'll just wait and see what they have to offer. I love all DSP artists so far, so I'm hoping I won't be disappointed by them.

Edit: And hopefully DSP will promote them well because SS501 and Kara took quite a long time to get where they are now. While artists from SM, YG, JYP, Cube, Pledis, and Mnet Media took less than a year to get such a stable fan base.

Edited by Dot

I STRONGLY agree with WONSUE.

Honestly, I voted for 'Nervous, not sure what will happen to KARA'

My reason is because supposely Kara is going to Japan by

the end of the year but then again they are going to have their comeback

mid November. So we have SS501 and Rainbow with their comeback&debuting stages...

It is nice to see Kara having their own sister group to look after as well...

but i hope DSP doesn't ignore KARA like before.

I hope KARA has an awesome MV&COMEBACK STAGE this time that would

blow your mind off with a BANG! && have other say...

"Is this KARA?!' in a positive way.

I really don't like the fact how DSP used the comparison of RAINBOW to FIN.KL

just like they did with KARA. It made me think 'Why isn't KARA good enough for DSP?'

yeah.. but then again it would be nice to see DSP family grow....

Right now I can't really judge RAINBOW yet.

I will wait and see how it all turns out. Don't see why KARA's activities should take a dip in the near future since I am sure that KARA is making a lot of money for the company at the moment.

Of course Rainbow is going to get a lot of promotions, they are new and will need to be promoted but that doesn't mean that KARA will be neglected. As mentioned earlier, KARA is a money maker at the moment and nobody at the company will be careless enough to disregard them for a new as yet unproven group.

If anything, this can turn out to be a good thing. Both groups can become famous and drive each other to become better performers and raise each other's standards to a much higher level.

I voted awesome! (:

Rainbow and Kara could probably be BFFs! You'll never know ^_^

Moreover, there isn't anything to say that Kara would be neglected by DSP.Since Kara is making so much money for them.DSP will probably still focus more on Kara than Rainbow.

Well, in the entertainment industry, there must be new groups and singers debutting to compete against other groups..or else DSP will soon be eliminated..

I believe in Kara. They are capable of doing better even if rainbow debuts..

Furthermore, it will be really nice if Kara and Rainbow could come together and do some live performance :P It will be so much fun! And Kara will have some new juniors(Kara could bully them mwahahaha! J/k xD), they will enjoy each other's company :D

Rainbow is to be groom. No one starts out being recognised by the public already..Some promotions for Rainbow is definitely needed. If Rainbow gets as famous as Kara is, I'll be really happy for them and DSP.

Ultimately, there is more pros than cons for Rainbow's debut. I just think that Rainbow joining DSP is really something to be happy of..So there is nothing to worry about.

No matter what happens next time, my heart will always be with Kara.Forever.