What do KARA fans think about DSP releasing another girl group?

mae

What do KARA fans think about DSP releasing another girl group?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What do KARA fans think about DSP releasing another girl group?

• Awesome! KARA and Rainbow can be BFFs
    • Nervous, not sure what will happen to KARA
    • Waiting to see what Rainbow has to offer
    • Not interested

i dont really know how i feel about having a new girl group..

if there was an option for all of the above, then id probably choose that one.

i was abit nervous at first because i wanted dsp to concentrate on kara more

but i also think it would be good because there would be more dsp family members supporting each other

and i want to see some kara and rainbow interactions too!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but honesty i am quite excited by dsp debuting rainbow.

dsp seriously need more star power, and i can't wait for the future collaboration of the two groups

I honestly think the group Rainbow can be great. They were training for four years for vocal and dancing. They might be the new biggest thing. -_-

Then again...deep deep DEEP down inside, I really don't want them to outshine their sunbaes. :x I meann, I'd be so happy for them since they're family with Kara! But...Kara has worked so hard. I just don't want people to look down on them anymore.

Also, :x I think the MV teaser was pretty cool, but Idkk. It's hard to find your own identity with all those girl groups out there.

Just hope that DSP won't be neglecting KARA when they start focusing in promoting Rainbow...its takes quite some time for KARA to built a strong fort as what they are now...they shines even more now, and i'm hoping that DSP won't cover this SUN with an Eclipse as Rainbow would be the MOON...Just hope both of them can be STARS that shines side by side -_-

I quite excited with Rainbow. . .

I want to know what they will offer. . .

but, I think KARA and Rainbow can be BFFs. . .

cause we know KARA always make friend with other group. . .

and, hey, I found some similarity in looking between KARA and Rainbow members. . .

Edited by naruya

DSP at it again

first it was FINKL vs SES

then Kara vs Wonder Girls

now rainbow vs f(x)

Geezz....

DSP really loves creating groups that will rival others.

They have a history like that with SM.

FinKL vs. SES

SS501 vs. DBSK

A'ST1 vs. Suju

but I do think KARA rivals WG more compared to SNSD

maybe Rainbow is DSP's answer to SNSD.

It's irritating LOL cause they can't even give proper marketing.

But still I love DSP artists.

• 2 weeks later...

i chose the second one (nervous, not sure what's gonna happen to kara - or something like that).

i know i may be "over-protective" of kara and very "insecure" but..........

although kara is now considered one of the "top-tier girl groups", it really isnt quite there yet, although i would really want it to be. like, i prefer ALL of the songs from revolution to wonder girl's so hot or tell me (nobody i'm not too sure) but none of them hit #1. i think, it just shows that something's not quite there.... but i just cant spot it.......

back to the main topic, kara isnt very "top" yet, and i'm still very worried about them......

whether they can be just as good as, say, wonder girls. i'm already very nervous....... cos i would like them hit to #1 over and over again, not like honey/wanna, which only hit #1 three times in total. not that it's not good, it's just that it doesnt meet my expectations. (i know i may be asking too much, but that's what i expect from them) but so far they HAVENT and they still got a long long long way to go, to catch up and really be "on par" with wg or snsd and this really worries me whether they can really do it.

but now ANOTHER band is released and although both are under DSP and hence the two groups would consider each other as family, but i dont think of them as family. after all, competition is competition. i wouldnt know what to think if rainbow starts getting as good as snsd or wg. i think i'm gonna die man, at that point of time i'm sure i would be worrying SICK over kara.

of course, during their debut, it's highly unlikely that they would be well-received, but after that i'm not so sure anymore.......

would they threaten kara's position in the entertainment industry??? would they overtake kara???? i'm worried..........

right now, it's best for kara to really work their butts off and try their very very best to produce a single that can actually hit #1 on ANY show for at least three weeks. then, i think, kara would be safer. but even after releasing an album as great as revolution they still cant hit the mark, i'm not too sure whether this is entirely possible. i have my doubts................ frankly speaking, although having faith in them is really important. but..... who knows..... so far rainbow sounds like a pretty good group and should they start getting all the attention, the situation would be really, really bad.

Personally I really like 'Gossip Girl', but I really don't see a future in Rainbow...

Cause the song name and group, concept whatever isn't original and kind of annoying. >_<

I just want DSP to focus on Kara, they're really popular right now and the Korean music scene already has an overload of girl groups.

But I'm looking forward to how Rainbow develops and if it exceeds my expectations.

Nothing much. I really do not even look at them as being from the same company.

But when I think about it, I feel as though DSP will put more efforts into these and

that kinda makes me sad. I remember before their comeback with the Hara and Jiyoung,

I felt so desperate with how DSP treated our girls. They kept reporting the comeback

and did nothing to really pr them.

Overall I'm glad DSP family is getting bigger, but I hope they will start promoting their artists

better.

I also agree that I'm not expecting much from Rainbow...Perhaps their dancing may be alright, but I have a feeling it won't outshine fx or snsd for that matter (even tho gossip girl doesn't fully showcase the dancing ability). plus, the only girl who's got it vocally is that short one.

and when the other karaholic members mentioned the fact that kara ISN'T exactly up to par with snsd and wg still yet does make me think that dsp shouldn't be promoting a new girl group right now. instead, dsp should have made ast1 come out with a new song during this period, while debuting rainbow perhaps early next year, after kara makes a comeback in late november. i really hope dsp starts REAL promotions with ast1. and how come ss501's love like this promotion period was so short?? ugh, i want dsp to get their act together please!

KARA still need to be more and better promoted in order to really compete with SNSD or WG. But we also can notice that they are now strongly etablished in the entertainment. And the processus is going well : so many CF, shows (solo or group). The only thing left they really need is THE BIG HIT SONG and I hope DSP will be able to give them it soon.

Actually I also support Rainbow because they are from the same company as KARA. And I understand that DSP needs more artists if they want to make more money. Moreover, some of Rainbow have been trained for a long time, their leader was a trainee even before KARA (she waited 4 years before debuting) and It's quite of frustrating. So we have to be happy for them !

But DSP does the same mistake again by choosing Gossip Girl as their main track. It does not really showcase their vocal and the dance is so so. Plus, It really reminds me of Pretty Girl which made KARA return in the front of the scene. It would be better if DSP gives them a total opposite concept from KARA : the mature sexy style in order to target different fans from KARA. Because for now, Rainbow is still a little more mature version of KARA.

Edited by Solin

so I JUST found out on allkpop that ast1 is disbanding...1) is this true?? and 2) this confirms my fears that dsp does NOT know how to best manage their idol groups...so rainbow coming out worries me. ps: is there a thread where we can vent about ast1 disbanding?? because i LOVE ast1 and kara interactions and think this must be extremely sad for kara as well to see their hoobaes in this predicament

so I JUST found out on allkpop that ast1 is disbanding...1) is this true?? and 2) this confirms my fears that dsp does NOT know how to best manage their idol groups...so rainbow coming out worries me. ps: is there a thread where we can vent about ast1 disbanding?? because i LOVE ast1 and kara interactions and think this must be extremely sad for kara as well to see their hoobaes in this predicament

not really sure but thats what i heard..

anyway come here for their interaction and discussion http://www.karaholic.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=3409

and check on how close kara and rainbow are?? http://www.karaholic.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=3923

i chose the second one (nervous, not sure what's gonna happen to kara - or something like that).

i know i may be "over-protective" of kara and very "insecure" but..........

although kara is now considered one of the "top-tier girl groups", it really isnt quite there yet, although i would really want it to be. like, i prefer ALL of the songs from revolution to wonder girl's so hot or tell me (nobody i'm not too sure) but none of them hit #1. i think, it just shows that something's not quite there.... but i just cant spot it.......

back to the main topic, kara isnt very "top" yet, and i'm still very worried about them......

whether they can be just as good as, say, wonder girls. i'm already very nervous....... cos i would like them hit to #1 over and over again, not like honey/wanna, which only hit #1 three times in total. not that it's not good, it's just that it doesnt meet my expectations. (i know i may be asking too much, but that's what i expect from them) but so far they HAVENT and they still got a long long long way to go, to catch up and really be "on par" with wg or snsd and this really worries me whether they can really do it.

but now ANOTHER band is released and although both are under DSP and hence the two groups would consider each other as family, but i dont think of them as family. after all, competition is competition. i wouldnt know what to think if rainbow starts getting as good as snsd or wg. i think i'm gonna die man, at that point of time i'm sure i would be worrying SICK over kara.

of course, during their debut, it's highly unlikely that they would be well-received, but after that i'm not so sure anymore.......

would they threaten kara's position in the entertainment industry??? would they overtake kara???? i'm worried..........

right now, it's best for kara to really work their butts off and try their very very best to produce a single that can actually hit #1 on ANY show for at least three weeks. then, i think, kara would be safer. but even after releasing an album as great as revolution they still cant hit the mark, i'm not too sure whether this is entirely possible. i have my doubts................ frankly speaking, although having faith in them is really important. but..... who knows..... so far rainbow sounds like a pretty good group and should they start getting all the attention, the situation would be really, really bad.

You have valid points and i felt similar when rainbow debuted but not so much anymore..

We know KARA works very hard, the transition from Honey/PG to Wanna and Mister was shocking but in a good way.. their dancing is more on point and their perfs have become more powerful as well..I think KARA can only do so much with what DSP gives them... they've gone through a lot of things to get to their position and KARA's always said they want to be recognized for how hard they work not necessarily how many number 1's they've had or how popular they can get and honestly with DSP has their backer and if their company isn't going to be more innovative.. i don't see how they can have a super number 1 song that will last for weeks and weeks on the charts.. is that unrealistic?..

I think there's nothing to worry about for KARA...

KARA has established themselves to be the most hardworking group and as one of the top girl group in kpop... they might not be at the high level as WG and SNSD but they are getting there...

So far... i don't see rainbow as a big of a threat to any group... their song might be catchy but somehow i don't really feel a hit song... They are not making big impact on the charts like super-rookie 2NE1... even i feel fx (which i'm not a fan of) has higher influence than them... even during live performance, their on-stage presence is just mediocre for me ( in comparison, after school with 7-member did million times better than them considering the new members and i love their new song)

For now just let DSP do whatever they can for rainbow... let KARA take a break and do lots of variety shows to gain more popularity and when KARA comes back next year, they can really put all of their money into KARA promotion (well.. they have to!!)

I thought it'd be okay for them to release another group,

but honestly, they need to promote theirs groups that are already out a bit more.

After hearing about Ast'1 kind of made me disappointed in DSP but,

I'll wait and see how they turn out (:

They're okay right now, but not feeling them yet