Original fan or New fan?

mae

Original fan or New fan?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Original fan or New fan?

• Original fan
    • New fan

I think Jumping was the first song I heard from them, but I didn't really get into them until I found out about Mister. That made me go back and watch all their videos. Then I went and watched clips from TV shows they were on and realized they were awesome off stage as well. ...and now here I am on this forum lol.

So-Ka here.. Converted to Kamilia after Urakara, LOL. Used to listen to their songs like Wanna and Aha, and I thought it was nice. Really liked JCL and the conflict with DSP made me curious about them..

Now I like almost all their hit songs like Honey, Mister etc. JCL and Ima Okuritai Arigatou are probably my favourites now. :thumbup:

Where do I start..

Firstly, I want to apologize to anyone who might be offended by my post. I don't have good impression of Japanese and Korean celebrities at first. That's because the first Korean show that I watched was Love Letter. I am extremely annoyed with the female casts since they only had pretty face with no brain whatsoever. Because Love letter existed before the bloom of female idol group era, there were no female casts with strong characters, with the exception of Hwang Bo. There were many ways to be funny without appear dumb, that's why I stopped watching the show. As for Japan, well... it's because of the mangas and animes. I am greatly offended by the portrayal of girls as dumb, ditzy, clumsy and boy-craze as in most mangas like Sailormoon and Naruto. Because of that, I stopped reading mangas. As a girl, I hate reading/ watching/listening to anything that demeans girls/ woman.

2,3 years later, my interest in Korean celebrity peeked again when my mom asked me to find a song titled "Honey". When I first saw the MV, I was like Awwww :wub: sooo cute.. I watched Rock U and Pretty Girl MV, and I LOVEEE all of the MV, but that'all. I love the songs but not the girl since I still had low opinion of Korean celebrities.

After some time, I stumbled upon a Korean variety show tittled Idol Army. SJ were the MC with KARA as the guests. I'm really impressed with Goo Hara during the "Don't Laugh Segment". I expected her to giggle as soon as the boys came in, but she held her grounds very well. I began to :wub: her after watching the show. Not long after, Chuseok Girl came out and I was pleasantly surprised watching her run as fast as the bullet. From there, I began to search more about her and then began to know Gyuri, Nicole, Seungyeon and Jiyoung as well. I also started paying attention to Shinee, SNSD, f(x), 2NE1, SECRET, SUJU and a bunch more. I now love anything KPOP!! Furthermore, when KARA began promoting in Japan, I began to know AKB48, Moring Musume, C-ute, Ayumi, Utada, and many more. It's thanks to KARA than my bias of Korean and Japanese celebrities have now faded away.

Well, even though I love them, I'm more of a casual fan back then. After the news of KARA lawsuit broke out, I was so surprised. I read many negative comments about them. It's very aggravating and upsetting to watch KARA getting bashed on forums, furthermore when the articles about 'Japanese fans disappointed in KARA' and 'online petition for KARA to break up' came up. It must be hard for them to read all these negative comments, I want to help them and show my support to them, and one of the way is by register as a Kamilia in here, so here I am now :thumbup1:

When I thought about it, I think the lawsuit is a blessing-in-disguise. KARA has now become stronger and tougher and KAMILIAS are also stronger tha ever.

Edited by City_Bear_90

at first, i wasn't interested in JPOP, so was KPOP. i knw KARA while i was listening Honey. i keep on listening and singing that song all days. one day, im so curious about the singer of this song >< so i searched 'KARA' in google. after i knw about KARA, i keep listening to their song, not only Honey but also the other KARA's songs. KARA made me feel interested with KPOP >< Thanks KARA <3

so i think im a new fan! but it isn't mean that i dont like the old KARA. I love the old and new KARA as well =] it's just because i become a Kamilia after listen Honey, so im a new fan here.

KARA & KAMILIAS HWAITING!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

wow, im one of the few original fans :)

honestly, i have been a fan of K-POP way before it became "available" in my country.

early 2003, i found out about MILK (though they have disbanded already).

KARA is the only girl group that i like ever since MILK happened.