How do you guys feel about SeungYeon's revelations on Strong Heart?

mae

This is why I love SeungYeon so much~ She is my favorite followed by Nicole.

I feel that SY is such a brave and hardworking girl compared to other various girl idols.

She's got guts and determination + brains!!!

That's why I feel that KARA deserves their popularity so much more than many girl groups who reached fame quickly through good looks/strong company backing.

As a girl, I don't fall for "oh, X member of X girl group is so pretty and popular~ blah blah", I find it ridiculous to fan a girl with only good looks, some effort, some sincerity but cough*/lacking* in the head. (Sorry if I sound too mean...)

Haha, actually, so far I don't really fan any boy groups either.

I would only support a group that can really make me feel proud with no feelings of being shallow. And SY is the reason that made me devoted to Kara. :wub:

Edited by Mellie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this show changed my view about Kara, if never watch this show or Seung yeon reveal the story, maybe i just still like Nicole, and maybe just thinking kara as i like other girl group. But it's different, know bout seungyeon struggle for Kara really touch my heart, maybe at that time, many people who do not know bout Kara, but someone (sorry forgot his name) know bout Kara, when Seungyeon ask him to pumpkin peel.

After seeing this show, i more and more like kara.

• 3 weeks later...

before watching it, she was my least fave KARA member.. this clip made me realize how hard she worked for KARA to survive..i cried a lot.. its like i felt the burden she'd gone thru.. right after watching this strong i immediately search more about her and now there's no more least fave!they're all in my heart now!!

Darn, didn't get a chance to see the reveal story, but I did some digging and they talked about it on a kpop news site. Good to hear that she fought for KARA and the group, and really shows you her passion to KPop. Hopefully she doesn't always look at these memories as bitter ones, since Kara is such a big success today.

I've read comments on youtube vids about how Kara worked their asses off to get where they were and I never really realized how much they had to go through until watching this recently. Since SY was the one being thrown out there on the variety shows and whatnot, what were Gyuri and Nicole doing during that time?

• 1 month later...

Oh I watched this quite some time ago and wow there's a thread for it!

I dont really rmb what I was thinking at that time but I think I was actually paying quite alot of attention to Gyuri's reaction. But wait, more about that later haha I'm digressing.

It was quite heartbreaking to see Ham being sad and crying on the show. I became a fan and got to know KARA in depth only at the later half of this year so I never had any idea about Sunghee (I always thought they were 5 from the start) or how underrated they were at the beginning. But after becomming a fan I went to watch all their selfcams and old 07 vids and stuff and yeah, KARA wasn't famous from the start like I thought they were. And I fell in love with Sunghee after watching the old vids!!! But that's not the point >_< Hearing stuff about how hard Ham had to work to get KARA recognized made me respect her alot. I think the reason why I became a hardcore fan was because KARA seemed wayyy more down to earth and humble than any other kpop girl grp. They have came a long way and I really admire all of them for their hard work and perserverance. Ham in particular has earned my respect. I felt sad while watching but I was definitely proud of her at the same time <3

But yup like I said earlier I was really observing Gyuri when Ham was talking. I think I even replayed it again just to watch her expression, but I couldn't really read it very well heh she looked like she was suppressing her emotions or smth. I was really curious to know what she was thinking, esp when Ham said that Sunghee left without telling the grp. Maybe cos she's my bias but I felt sad for her, as in, I'm not really sure how to explain myself but I kinda felt upset that...argh idk like she's not getting the credit she deserves? I've read somewhere that people attribute KARA's success and comeback to mainly Ham and I thought it was kinda unfair. I've always wanted to hear Gyul and Cole's side of the story because I havent heard anything about it before :/ I think they all went through alot and Gyul looked kinda sad in the vid. I think it must have been a very sensitive topic for her and it really really made me wonder what she was thinking.

Anyway, I'm so glad that the unnies have achieved success today :D I'm really really proud to be a Kamilia because KARA is the perfect role model for me to work hard to achieve what I want and I just wanna reiterate that I really respect Ham alot for her hard work and determination. My love for KARA and esp Ham went up by like a billion folds hahaha.

KARA JJANG! <3<3<3<3<3

Edited by zeezee95

• 3 weeks later...

woah. didn't expect that at all. i mean i heard that she went on a lot of variety shows to promote kara but with all the extra details she added in its just sad. what she went through.

Well, it was a little bit difficult to find this episode in the internets.

I used 200% of my googling skills, but finaly, I managed to do it.

SY's part starts nearly at 2:30.

Hope this touching episode will make newbie kamilias (like me) understand what kind of path our girls had to pass to become such a popular group.

Here is a link: click

Edited by Urga

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the summary. I saw this video before but it didn't have subs so I didn't know what she was talking about. So sad to hear that KARA had to go through such troubles. Glad things are better now. We as fans must continue to show our love and support. It also really makes me feel bad for all the new rookie girl groups that came out and flamed out the past 2 years.

it really broke my heart to know that kara had such a bitter past.they worked really hard but yet was not recognised for their talent during their early days.

and thumbs up to seungyeon who struggled to keep kara alive,doing her best to promote kara.she must have been keeping it inside her for so long and im glad that she has the chance to let it all out,and not forgetting to thank those who helped her when kara was being unnoticed.

i tink it was really honest of her and it also serves as a lesson to those girl groups now who just shot to fame suddenly,that they ought to be thankful for their fame.

KARA FIGHTING!

story of the year... watching that made me like KARA even more, and my respect for Seungyeon went waaaaayyy up! It's now very clear that, unlike SNSD, KARA is a group that debuted badly, but they just showed everyone how hard work really pays off!

also, i was thinking, could it be that the "management" is also responsible? one of my theory is that maybe SM learnt alot from churning out Suju, and using their knowledge and skills, they made SNSD's debut shoot through the roof! maybe DSP wasn't THAT experienced... just maybe

• 2 weeks later...

i never thought anything about what seungyeon did

after watching strong heart, i have a lot more respect for her.

it's not like i ignored her or anything, but you never know what goes on behind the scenes

i definitely have way more respect for her

kpop industry is really difficult to get into

sometimes i feel like it's worse than any other industry.

kpop artists are constantly judged. every little thing can be turned against them

and can make a HUGE deal out of them.

i'm glad Kara's doing a lot better. seungyeon, your hard work has paid off.

i really love watching strong heart because artists can reveal their hardships

that others didn't know about.