How do you guys feel about SeungYeon's revelations on Strong Heart?

mae

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say I was shocked would be a understatement ... I admit I thought SY was acting sometimes whenever she was on shows, I know that wasn't exactly her personality so I wondered why she did those things... After she explained as to why she had to do that, my respect for her has grown so much. I watched that show she was talking about and I would never have imagined what she was actually thinking while taping for that show. The things that happened to her, people not knowing she was an entertainer and KARA never really getting of the ground.. I'm glad she revealed this, as a fan I only saw it from the outside but when she was explaining everything.. it was heartbreaking..

As for Sunghee not notifying the girls of her departure until it was finalized, I believe she had her own reasons.. I'm sure the girls knew she had some things going on but I think GyulHamCole were pretty hurt that she didn't tell them until it was too late.

I saw Gyuri cringe when SeungYeon was talking... I know Gyuri and Nicole have been pretty low key about what happened and I can think of reasons why they wouldn't want to reveal this. But I think it was good to let everything out in the open, there is nothing to be shameful of.. SeungYeon has been very open since the Revolution comeback and it's great to see her be more comfortable in her own skin and really hope she doesn't get backlash because she had a right to reveal these things.

When I watched the video it was pretty shocking to find out the members weren't informed of sunghee's departure until it was all decided by the company - as i'm sure many others were too. I was really amazed that seungyeon would reveal such a fact but then I came to realize that it definitely wasn't the point of her story - to out sunghee like that, instead it was more of a build up to what lead to her having to take up all these individual projects. I'm glad she talked about it though, and in the back you can kind of see Gyuri shake her head in agreement at 0:35.

For seungyeon especially, I think it was really hard not being recognized, because she was the one in the public eye and still noone knew who she was... she was the more "popular" member with fans during kara4 days, then suddenly she was treated like a nobody again. Taking days off from school and people not knowing she's a celebrity, must have been pretty tough to take that... but that also fuelled her determination to get her name and the group Kara known. Of course i'm sure gyucole had trouble too as they weren't even asked to guest.

But (and this is purely opinion) I think Gyuri was sheltered from the extent seungyeon had to face of not being popular in a way... in that time, she got to study and go to her friends and family for comfort... because their future was uncertain. For Nicole... well since she revealed she didn't really have friends, she would turn to Gyuri or her mom and just let it out. However, for people that did know they were famous, it would be pretty rough to deal with snarky comments if there were any...

Wow. I had no idea it was that hard for her. It was always, "oh yeah, SY did a lot to help KARA out after Sunghee left." But I always thought it with kind of a reserved admiration? Kind of like, "Oh yeah, of course she would do her best to help her group." But everything was so much more complicated than that. To go through the shock of losing a member without discussion, and then not know if KARA would even stay together but still have the strength to go on talk shows and say random things to make people smile... To not be recognized must've really hurt. To feel like no one's helping you out on a talk show must hurt. Gosh this girl is so strong <3

SY definitely helped KARA get more well known. Even before I knew KARA and the members in it I knew what SY's face looked like and I knew that she was in this group "KARA." And I'm glad she's become more open about this and that she's sharing everything with us since there really isn't anything to be ashamed about. She's such a determined, hardworking girl and I think some of her stubbornness helped her out a lot during the KARA4 (3?) days. I'm so glad KARA's come this far; they totally deserve it (:

Idk what Gyul felt when SY was telling her story~ at some parts I saw her nodding along, and at others I saw her with a guarded expression. It must still be somewhat of a sensitive topic for her ): And I saw others in the room nodding along to what SY was saying and it makes me feel better knowing that they understand what KARA went through and were sympathizing.

It was a shock to me for Seungyeon to reveal their horrible past~I mean,anyone would've felt so hurt if what we do was nothing to people,I hate that feeling..and for KARA to get unnoticed before & they worked really hard..it's heartbreaking ^_^

I was hoping for gyuri to say something or at least comfort seungyeon but I saw she was surpressing her emotion not to cry~It must be hard for her too ^_^ Just cry Gyuri-Omma!I hate to see people pretending not to cry,it hurts too much :eyelove:

I just hope that after what seungyeon said people would appreciate KARA more & realized they didn't get popular with their looks & all,They have suffered a lot & they should've given credit for all their hard work~and I just hope the other members are not mad at seungyeon for revealing this~There's nothing to be ashamed of,KARA Ftw!!

Lastly,I love KARA!!I'm proud being a Kamilia!! :jogging:

I knew KARA was underrated before. But I didn't know that it was that bad.

After hearing about it from SeungYeon, I cried a lot.

You can tell by the way she keeps on moving her sleeves and clapping her hands

that it was really hard for her to tell that story.

I really hated DSP cause of that!

How did that happen???

When I look at SeungYeon she's always cheerful but sometimes, she seem really tired.

I watched the Teacher is Coming and Seungyeon said it herself that she gave up a lot.

I also read that her parents wanted her to be a doctor, imagine giving up something like that.

It must have pained her to see that KARA's not getting anywhere so she really worked hard.

About Sunghee, I've known KARA when they were already 5 during Pretty Girl days.

I don't really know her but I saw videos and I can say that she's really talented.

What pains me is that some of those bashing the new KARA are Sunghee supporters.

They always bash on Hara and JiYoung and claiming that KARA is nothing without Sunghee.

It's great that KARA is receiving much love.

They deserve it and more.

Edited by KaraNice

Seungyeon's revelation abt her guesting in that show is really heartbreaking n touching

she did a lot for Kara. n Kara suffered a lot. but in that sense, she got the chance to promote Kara becuz she's one of the more popular member back then, i won't say that other members were any less when it comes to fight for Kara. it's just that opportunities went to Seungyeon way during those periods since she was more well known compared to the rest members. in a way, Gyuri n Nicole were quite lucky to not face what Seungyeon had to face being unknown while doing her part as Kara member. but i wondered what they went through in that period.

n i agree with the person who commented above me, i get pissed sometimes when some Sunghee fans bash the new Kara. i have my own opinion on Sunghee, Hara n Jiyoung, as the old n new members, but i try not to judge too much b'cuz the most important is my love for KARA. but yeah, i understand their pain, b'cuz if my fav member is to leave Kara, i'd probly feel like i don't want to be a fan anymore too(shame on me for contradicting remarks)

Seungyeon got a good amount of both sympathy n also anger from the comments i read at youtube about her comments on Sunghee's departure, but she's fighting to express her pains, with a smile, albeit a teary one. i have admiration for her to a certain extent. Gyuri on the other hand, it's hard to see what's on her mind. tell us, girl!

after seeing what Seungyeon has to say, i grew more curious to know what the rest of 'old' Kara members had to say.

sometimes you gain a lot more from losses, like Gyuri, Seungyeon n Nicole seriously improved a lot after Sunghee left, even though i think they all sounded pretty good back then. they become stronger, fighters. i'm not saying it's good Sunghee left because i'm sure it really hurt all of them. but everything happens for a reason, and seeing the rocky ride they've been through, we can never be sure of what awaits them in the future but what i can safely think, they'll be prepared, for anything. Right now, i just want to root for Kara.

sorry for my random unorganized thoughts. i watched that clip a few days ago, n even then, i didn't know what to say eventhough a lot of things ran through my head.

Edited by sub

it was really emotional..

i know seungyeon can be pretty emotional

though i didnt like the part talking bout sunghee.. somehow :/

i dunnow..

it made me cried a little....

i wish I've known kara since the debut so I can support them.....

I'm really sad that nobody recognizes kara before...

:15541758::32524216::51333867::P:81766871:

KEEP FIGHTING KARA!!!!!

KAMILIA WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i saw this not long ago, and yes, i feel like she really had some backbone to keep going after all that... but then, yes, sunghee must have her own reason, and i dont think gyul, ham and cole blame her for everything..

but then, past is a past...

now KARA is the best for me and alot of people in the whole world...

i wish they will keep up the good work!!!

Edited by apiq

don't really know what to say now. so sad to learn how uneven the path they had experienced before achieving today's fame. these has reflected the strong side of the girls.

so after not so successful debut & desperately ready to battle again, the sudden departure of sunghee definitely threw gyulhamcole off completely. the cliff hanging hope must have vanished immediately without knowing the fate of the already preparing next album.

hence through attending tv shows, seunyeon tried weird & funny things inorder to advertise the group. must be tough of her carrying the responsbility of introducing the group with a "no tomorrow" mindset. and also forced to sing unreleased song but been cruelly joked at the only way to gain famous. why was variety show then that hard to please?

poor sy, she must have lost all confidence when nobody at college recognised her, or like the group had been completely forgotten.

so kara5 first variety show appearance was only to say hello & go home. what a pity! what were on their minds that night? what was dsp doing?

regretted for learning these so late. wish i was here earlier in difficult times to show supports to our hardworking girls. thanks gyulhamcole for hanging together fighting against the odds. hope some days to hear from gyul & cole too.

and thank you, teacher jo hyung ki, for being the first to acknowledge kara as a group on tv. though it was simple & forgotten sentence, but it was a whole lot worth for the girls. it means needly encouragement & renewal hope.

now i will treasure seungyeon even more, more than ever. "hug hug"

I'm proud of Seungyeon for trying so hard for Kara. On every program she goes on she never forgets to mention Kara and she always introduce herself as "I am Kara's member Seungyeon." While trying hard on variety programs and stuff she also told her members sorry for being on shows w/o them.

Each and every Kara members says Seungyeon is very dedicated and a hard worker. I remember them saying even when the Manager said "Let's rest for today." Seungyeon was like "No I want to work." I'm also proud of Gyuri and Nicole for not giving up and being strong. Unlike her TV personality, Seungyeon is actually quite shy and calm. I'm proud of Ham! Gyuri and Nicole stood strong by her as well and now Jiyoung and Hara is there to share their happiness!

This clip made me really cry b/c when I use to like Kara I felt sad b/c nobody knew them and they had a lot of criticism b/c they went from a strong concept to a cute one but despite all obstacles Kara represents one of the top girl groups in Korea and now soon to debut in Japan as well :lol:

Congrats to the girls!!!

Edited by yoomster

watched the clip again after today's mcountdown win interview, feel so heart warming.

the win highlights the earnestness & determination will of never give up.

initially with only gyuri & nicole, and then added hara & jiyoung, together the girls had brightened up the k-music entertainment.

seungyeon, your sincere hardwork & persistent does paid off.

that was kinda sad to hear. must be kinda what's going on for Secret right now

I mean i thought it was light hearted show, cuz you see a lot of funny things revealed, you know. Cuz the previous episode it was tiffany and yoona talking about taecyeon right?

But they made it through and people know them now. so it's all good.

I thought Boom left for military service? was this recorded before he left?

strong heart is a good show to watch at the end of the day.

seungyeon hwaiting!