[2009.11.05] Kara's Park Gyuri transforms into Goh EunChan from 'Coffee Prince' for 'Parody Theater'!

thebuddybud

81 members have voted

1. 1. Did you ever watch Coffee Prince?

• Yes
    • No

2kiwxd.jpg

On November 1st, during the first broadcast of MBC 'Sunday Sunday nights', many stars have gathered for 'Parody Theater'.

This corner, which casted Lee GyungShil, Kim Gura, Choi EunGyung, Jang HoIl, Yoo Cheyoung, Hong Gyungmin, SeoYoung, Jang YoungRan, Jung Juri, Kim DongHyun, has parodied many popular dramas such as the MBC Drama which broke 40% ratings, Queen SunDeok, KBS 'Boys over Flowers', MBC 'Queen of Housewives', SBS 'Shining Inheritance', and 'Wife's temptation'.

While these people will create laughter with their comical acting, on the coming 15's broadcast of 'Parody Theater', Kara member Park Gyuri plans on joining. The part that Park Gyuri has received is the character Goh EunChan from the 2007 popular MBC drama 'Coffee Prince'.

As Yoon EunHye's boyish acting received nice criticisms, it is a wonder how Park Gyuri will portray the characer Goh EunChan. It is also a wonder how they plan on portraying the drama and in which direction.

Related to this, Kara's management company said "As Park Gyuri was originally a child star and has experience acting, she was cast in Parody Theater". Also, Parody Theater's staff said "As she was cast thanks to her acting experience, we plan to start shooting by tomorrow".

Meanwhile, as 'Sunday nights' ratings reached 3% with 'Oppa band' and 'Nodaji' they have been unfortunately cancelled, and for 4 weeks 'Parody Theater' and 'Star Special Ranking' will air in place. Star Special Ranking and Parody Theater's first broadcast brought the highest ratings in 5 months, which was 5%.

source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200911031655461001

translated by thebuddybud @ Karaholic

can't wait :P, hopefully this opens doors to more acting type of opportunities for gyuri.. not necessarily a drama per se but maybe cameos, recurring roles or better yet a movie! (i only say that because i don't want her to be taken away from music promotions) but of course if they go on hiatus for awhile then dramas are totally fine ^_^

I've never seen Coffee Prince and I don't plan to. But I'm looking forward to this parody.

I've always wanted to see Gyul act, now we can see her! I'm excited and I know she'll do

A fantastic job because she can be pretty sarcastic :P Thanks for sharing!

Oh I actually watched the whole of Coffee Prince. They have nice music :P Anyhows this will be interesting. Totally looking forward to it. Gyul acting as a girl acting as a guy! Now that's something to anticipate ^_^

heeeheee !!! hope Gyul would perform in this xD ! i dun think she will potray boyish character like Eun Hye did ! i think she will be much more confidence and charasmatic gal ! hooo !! AND I VERY DARMMMM HOPE THAT MALAYSIA HAVE MBC AND SBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks thebuddybud for posting !

♥ Kara ~~~

Kara hwaiting ~~~~~ !

i haven't seen coffee prince yet

closest thing was the big bang parody XD

this is going to be interesting

and i agree that this is a great opportunity for gyuri to start appearing in dramas and such

that is when she's not busy with promotions and stuff (don't want her to be overworked)

so where does nicole stand in this? since she's on parody theatre for 4 weeks

does she just want other artists do parodies or does she participate in them?

I've watched Coffee Prince...that is one of my favorite movie!^^

SNSD's Yuri also acted like Eun Chan once on "PKL's Wonderful Outing Special Pretty Boy"

you guys must watch it...Yuri did it so well!!hoho...

She can play Eunchan's character so great...LOL XD

But...I want to watch how Gyuri does it too...

It must be so cool....hoho

Gyuri JJAAAAAANNG!!^^

Hmm.. I never watch it before so there is not much to comment about..

But i am really interested in Gyuri acting :)

Since she had experience in acting when she was young, I believe she will do well (:

Its great to see Gyuri stepping into the drama world again. And now doing

Well, at least she can get more activities to do.

I'll be looking forward to it! ^_^

I have never watched Coffee Prince. I know It was a big it but the storyline doesn't interest me at all lol.

Well, I'm happy Gyuri can participate and act again. I still wish to see her as an actress again.

And since It's a parody, and Gyuri is good to do funny things, It must be really cool to see her as Eun Chan.

gyuri as eunchan?! whoa! i can't wait for this. I wonder if she's gonna tone down her voice to make it manly?

any, can't wait for it! thanks for posting

so where does nicole stand in this? since she's on parody theatre for 4 weeks

does she just want other artists do parodies or does she participate in them?

Nicole's segment is called "Star Ranking" .. and i guess that's part of Parody Theater.

wow!!

i've only watch some random episodes when Coffee Prince aired on TV here, but it was boring to me (n overhyped?)

just MY opinion lol.

but Gyuri will definitely make one HOT 'guy'~~~

can't wait for this~~

thanks much for the news.