Edited by edr49890
  • Like 1

HOW about some good netizebuzz in a while

--------------

Seungyeon is a mother's friend's daughter

201310152101043110_1.jpg

Reader request.

-

Article: Han Seungyeon, the mother's friend's daughter "I once ranked #1 at a prestigious high school in America"

Source: Newsen via Nate [2]

1. [+753, -103] So use that smart head of yours to study or sing instead of acting

2. [+511, -163] A few seem to think that Tenafly is like one of your run of the mill hardcore high schools in Korea but that high school always ranks #3 in New Jersey every two years for school grades, SAT scores, graduation and employment rates, etc. It's on the level of a Gangnam school in Korea that sends kids to colleges like Seoul, Korea, and Yonsei University. Considering she ranked #1 in a school like that, it's enough said. Pretty amazing since she also got into Kyunghee University on her own merits while attending her celebrity promotions. 

3. [+484, -171] I guess she would've been successful elsewhere if she didn't become a celebrity

4. [+621, -100] Looking at her past photos, she looked like she would've been a good studier

5. [+721, -274] Han Seungyeon probably has the heaviest backpack out of all of the idols... She got into Kyunghee University on her own. 

6. [+567, -123] Tenafly High School is an extremely famous high school that only the talented can attend... It's in the top 20%.. You have to be fluent in English and have good grades. 
Edited by edr49890
  • Like 2

HOW about some good netizebuzz in a while

--------------

Seungyeon is a mother's friend's daughter

Reader request.

-

Article: Han Seungyeon, the mother's friend's daughter "I once ranked #1 at a prestigious high school in America"

Source: Newsen via Nate [2]

1. [+753, -103] So use that smart head of yours to study or sing instead of acting

2. [+511, -163] A few seem to think that Tenafly is like one of your run of the mill hardcore high schools in Korea but that high school always ranks #3 in New Jersey every two years for school grades, SAT scores, graduation and employment rates, etc. It's on the level of a Gangnam school in Korea that sends kids to colleges like Seoul, Korea, and Yonsei University. Considering she ranked #1 in a school like that, it's enough said. Pretty amazing since she also got into Kyunghee University on her own merits while attending her celebrity promotions. 

3. [+484, -171] I guess she would've been successful elsewhere if she didn't become a celebrity

4. [+621, -100] Looking at her past photos, she looked like she would've been a good studier

5. [+721, -274] Han Seungyeon probably has the heaviest backpack out of all of the idols... She got into Kyunghee University on her own. 

6. [+567, -123] Tenafly High School is an extremely famous high school that only the talented can attend... It's in the top 20%.. You have to be fluent in English and have good grades. 

That means, she could be like a student who could always get an A++ if she still pursues studying instead of her acting career! WOW!

Let me set everyone straight about America high schools, very few public high schools require an application ... you attend a school because you live within the school district .... Hammie attended Tenafly because she moved in with someone who lived in the Tenafly school district (I think she has relatives there).

Also, Tenafly High School is not famous.

Having said all that, Tenafly is a good school and for Hammie to be #1 is a good achievement but no need in going overboard.

• Like 1

Let me set everyone straight about America high schools, very few public high schools require an application ... you attend a school because you live within the school district .... Hammie attended Tenafly because she moved in with someone who lived in the Tenafly school district (I think she has relatives there).

Having said all that, Tenafly is a good school and for Hammie to be #1 is a good achievement but no need in going overboard.

I like to also add along similar lines:

An achievement is an achievement and no one should take it away. It's great that Seungyeon displayed remarkable potential in her past studies but that doesn't make her an American hero.

Tenafly is not some uber school. Although it is one of the top schools in New Jersey, the US is a big country. Make note of it, but don't let the hype get out of control.

• Like 1

Guys you know ..Korea Journalist....hehe 
But as long as Hammie is not just an idol but part of  celebrity “umchinddals” (aka the girl you’d want to take home to meet the parents)

ADDED MORE LOVELY TV CAPS
for Marriageable hammie

[TV SHOW] 131015 KBS2 1 vs. 100 - 8:50PM (SeungYeon) TV Caps

RELATED TOPIC

Kara’s Seungyeon Wants to Get to Know Joo Won Over a Cup of Tea  

http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3872&page=139#entry661314

Joo Won Thanks Kara’s Han Seung Yeon for Being His Fan

48239002.jpg

Hearing that Kara’s Han Seung Yeon was his fan, Joo Won expressed his gratitude.

On October 15, Joo Won held a special press conference at a restaurant in Nonhyun-dong. As a reporter brought up the topic of Han Seung Yeon, Joo Won answered, “I’ve seen Han Seung Yeon when she was performing with SS501’s Park Jung Min and another time when we were clothing models together.”

The actor continued with a smile, “I think that the person she says she likes is not me, but Good Doctor’s Si On.”

“”I’m very glad that she likes Si On. It’s an honor. I remember when I saw her in person, she was very small and pretty,” said Joo Won. “I’m really thankful that she’s a fan.”

Han Seung Yeon appeared on KBS’ 1 vs 100 and was asked if there were any men that comes into her eyes, since she’s at the age to date. She replied ‘Joo Won’ without hesitation.

“I’ve been watching Good Doctor. I really like Joo Won these days.” She said that she’s liked Joo Won in other dramas as well. “I received a lot of healing with a warm heart after seeing him act such an innocent role.”

She also sent Joo Won a video message, shyly saying they should get tea next time.

Meanwhile, Joo Won recently completed Good Doctor, playing an autistic doctor and receiving praise for his performance.

He will now be concentrating on his upcoming musical Ghost, which begins November 24 at D-Cube Art Center in Sindorim.

Photo Credit: Heo Jung Min

Cr: Mwave

Edited by edr49890

:wakeup: edr!! What are you doing?!... lol 
“I’ve seen Han Seung Yeon when she was performing with SS501’s Park Jung Min and another time when we were clothing models together.” :slap:

Edited by hanuel jhen
  • Like 1

Another side of STORY

EDR49890 Thanks Kara’s Han Seung Yeon for Being His Fan

tumblr_muk6xhEtJd1s5x9xro1_500.jpg

Hearing that Kara’s Han Seung Yeon was his fan, EDR4989 expressed his gratitude.

On October 15, Edr49890 held a special press conference at KARAHALOC Cafe . As a reporter brought up the topic of Han Seung Yeon, Edr answered, “I’ve seen Han Seung Yeon when she was performing HONEY and PANDORA and its  :OCZgm:  :OCZgm:  :OCZgm: ”

Edr49890 continued with a smile, “I think that the person she says she likes is not me, but OfficialKARAlover

Photo Credit: edr49890

Cr: edr49890

• Like 5

Another side of STORY

Hearing that Kara’s Han Seung Yeon was his fan, EDR4989 expressed his gratitude.

On October 15, Edr49890 held a special press conference at KARAHALOC Cafe . As a reporter brought up the topic of Han Seung Yeon, Edr answered, “I’ve seen Han Seung Yeon when she was performing HONEY and PANDORA and its  :OCZgm:  :OCZgm:  :OCZgm: ”

Edr49890 continued with a smile, “I think that the person she says she likes is not me, but OfficialKARAlover

LOLOLOL EPIC FANBOY   :devil:

:gemcry:  :gemcry:  :gemcry:  :gemcry:  :gemcry:

2007 One of the 100

Video shared by codenamefudger

2013 The one fighting the 100

wow...!it's already out...!!!!now i'm waiting for the subs.... :gemshout:

Another side of STORY

tumblr_muk6xhEtJd1s5x9xro1_500.jpg

lol cute.... :thankful:

omo the positive comments on NB about her made me like this :teary: ...... her Parents wanted her to be doctor right?? well she can do it, too bad she's more into Idol thing... :productive:

Edited by fishball

At least JooWon acknowledged that they worked on photoshoots together, unlike Hammie who seems a bit forgetful. Maybe she's just playing hard to get... hahaha... I can see them dating right now in secret and this is their indirect/subtle way of saying they're happy with each other... hahaha,,, He does look a bit like Kang DongWon, and we all know how much Hammie loves him.

• Like 2

At least JooWon acknowledged that they worked on photoshoots together, unlike Hammie who seems a bit forgetful. Maybe she's just playing hard to get... hahaha... I can see them dating right now in secret and this is their indirect/subtle way of saying they're happy with each other... hahaha,,, He does look a bit like Kang DongWon, and we all know how much Hammie loves him.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! depressed2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

Playing..that man needs to work it out haha..even if my LOVE hammie is already marriageable Hammie now 

Edited by edr49890

Yes, but schools in New Jersey are normally considered to be some of the best schools in the united states. Most of the "Ivy feeder" schools comes from the east coast (New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and New York) along with schools in Texas and California. The fact is that some schools ARE better than others, no matter the school district. Tenafly is/was a very good school to go to in the US especially for Ivy-league prospects. And also, some schools DO require that you take some sort of exam if you live outside of the school district. Tenafly might not do that anymore, but they did previously. I'd say that Tenafly would be the level of a gagnam school. It's in a pretty wealthy area of NJ and the school gets a lot of funding. They also have tons of great programs.  I don't know if Tenafly is still nationally ranked, but I do recall it being a very good school. Check the best high-schools list to see maybe it's on there. Going to those schols is a lot more than school district....trust me. So I think it's OK if they laud her achievement there. It's not the best school in US, but it's a pretty darn good one.  

Edited by GooBurberrHara

I agree that K-Media tend to exaggerating everything,

I'm not American, I don't know the fact either but I googled that school and found wikipedia page and there said "Tenafly High School was awarded the Blue Ribbon School Award by the United States Department of Education at a special assembly to the Tenafly High School community on September 20, 2005" and referring to the awards, it's important enough for me..

maybe it's not that prestigious/famous anymore now, but it used to be.. and that time was when Seungyeon enrolled so she's not wrong about that..  

I read some comments from some American in that NB article about them never heard of Tenafly High School, well I think unless you live in New Jersey, you don't really know for sure.. I mean, I never know the best high school outside my district/province, so...    

anyway, Seungyeon uchiwa army for today :D

BWxBKf1IYAAEN7s.jpg

Edited by rhe-c
  • Like 2