[Hamtastic] So Seungsational~

chupachups

KARA Han Seungyeon’s Father Was Appointed as Master Craftsman of the Swords of the President’s Generals

KARA‘s Han Seungyeon revealed that her father was appointed as the master craftsman of the swords for the President’s Generals.
The newly reformed girl group KARA went on to SBS Power FM‘s “Cultwo Show” earlier today and talked in detail about their personal lives.
Han Seungyeon mentioned her father, saying, “My dad was the one who made swords for the Generals that served the President. He makes the Rose of Sharon and the Phoenix on the swords. His company is also the first in his line of work; however, in our house we don’t really think it’s that much of a big deal.”

“Cultwo Show” guest Lee Hoon and MC Jung Chan Woo praised Han Seungyeon’s father, however, saying that he is an asset in the Korean culture.
Meanwhile, KARA just released their music video entitled “MAMMA MIA” for their new album “DAY & NIGHT” which was officially released on August 18.

source - http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/19/kara-han-seungyeons-father-was-appointed-as-master-craftsman-of-the-swords-of-the-presidents-generals/

• Like 5

I was accused of being hardcore biased to Seungyeon. This is my reply.

I remain biased because Seungyeon continues to prove time after time, that she deserves the praise. Her dancing skills and style is a different level than majority of idols and even professional dancers. Watch her every gesture, every pop, every pose, every smile, every expression. She has a solid foundation: has good balance, follows the tempo, brings intensity, and has attention to details that others ignore.

She was not always like that. When she debuted, she was the worst performer in the group. She would forget the choreography or miss the steps and fall behind. She looked really awkward on stage. But she turned around 180 degrees after around 3 months after debut. She released her full potential and has stayed on top of her game ever since. I say this because so many performers (idols included) never seem to show improvement or their full potential even after years of activity. On the other hand, it's very obvious that Seungyeon dedicates her time and focus to make every performance as good as possible. Other idols 'follow' the choreography, but Hammie brings the extra oomph, pop, and swagger.

She also is creative in her solos during Karasia. The puppet dance for Guilty is totally unexpected. Most people would probably never dream of this kind of dance. In fact, no one expected this babyface in charge of cuteness would sing pop rock in the first place. Then for (We Will) Rock You, she does a hardcore cheerleader routine, even standing on the guys' backs.

In conclusion, Seungyeon is really underrated as a dancer and performer. She doesn't talk much about it, instead gives the attention to Nicole. But whenever there's a special dance break, she's front and center because even the choreographers know she got the best stuff. Now that Nicole is gone, it'll become more obvious. Mamma Mia proves this. Seungyeon has the most time in the center.

• Like 14