[Jingly] Jingly bells~ Jingly Bells~ Maknae all the wayyyy~

chupachups

the fun walk (+ greeting) we've been waiting for.

pardon me for saying but the mc shouldn't introduce jing as kara's. (i don't care if she mentioned "ex" or not.)

she should be more professional because jing has gone solo.

i regards jing as one but that doesn't mean anyone can use the word "kara" freely in public.

In Japan Jing is only known for her KARA schedules (not solo stuff) and that is also why every single article and event she attends to will mention ex-Kara etc.. Besides it is quite common to mention it in Japan unlike in Korea: former Morning Musume, AKB48 and so on, but we never hear former DBSK members, After School, I doubt they will say it with Cole for instance. :complacent:

Nobody would give much attention to her activities aside from the fans, saying she was a Kara member creates more buzz than usually and that is something I think Sweet Power knows.

What I hope is that she works hard everyday and becomes popular with her own merit so that people will know her just for being Jiyoung.

For example nobody mentions KAT-TUN anymore with Jin Akanishi as he has plenty of solo stuff under his belt.

So lets just hope for the best for Jing :optimistic:

• Like 1

In Japan Jing is only known for her KARA schedules (not solo stuff) and that is also why every single article and event she attends to will mention ex-Kara etc.. Besides it is quite common to mention it in Japan unlike in Korea: former Morning Musume, AKB48 and so on, but we never hear former DBSK members, After School, I doubt they will say it with Cole for instance. :complacent:

Nobody would give much attention to her activities aside from the fans, saying she was a Kara member creates more buzz than usually and that is something I think Sweet Power knows.  

What I hope is that she works hard everyday and becomes popular with her own merit so that people will know her just for being Jiyoung.

For example nobody mentions KAT-TUN anymore with Jin Akanishi as he has plenty of solo stuff under his belt.  

So lets just hope for the best for Jing :optimistic:

Now I agree with you. This is her very first solo return since her departure from Kara. She has always been known and more popular as Kara member so I think it's better to introduce her that way so that people may recognize her. Maybe after a year or so, once she has hundreds of solo activities, she will be left as Kang Ji Young. 

that's what i meant, sweet power knows and it works towards their advantage with cheap promo.

and did the mc mention the word "former"? i think no.

i've already given them the benefit of the doubt with jing coming back at the same time as kara comeback.

no one can use the word "kara" for free unless they seek dsp permission or buy millions of kara releases!

jing has already decided to embark on a new career as an actress but this will make her more awkward.

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 1

that's what i meant, sweet power knows and it works towards their advantage with cheap promo.and did the mc mention the word "former"? i think no.i've already given them the benefit of the doubt with jing coming back at the same time as kara comeback.hence no one can use the word "kara" for free unless they seek dsp permission or buy millions of kara releases!

It is not that big of a deal at the end of a day. And yes she said former Kara member, it's written in the video (+all the other articles) too. Sweet Power is doing nothing wrong when using "ex-Kara" label because Jiyoung is rightfully a former member. You should just consider this kind of promo the same as "almost a SNSD member" -promo.

Edit: I get that some people are more sensitive about the use of the name than others, but this is entertainment industry: you do whatever means to get that spotlight. Once the public gets more familiar with Jing SP will surely drop the label, it's just matter of time when. Let's just support the girls without getting tangled with trivial stuff eh? :D

Edit2:I just realised that Hyuna was promoted a lot for being a former WG member in the beginning...I wonder if it will be the same when Cole finally makes her comeback.

Edited by MaiX
  • Like 3

We have to understand that, even if/when Jiyoung succeed with her solo career successfully, the name "KARA" will always be connected to her, as she will always be part of KARA's history. It's a fact, we can't change that. Since her departure is really recent is kinda obvious that all the articles will use "ex-member of KARA" or "KARA former" to refer to her. It can work as marketing tactic? Yes, totally, but is also something inevitable that only time can change. She'll have to deal with it.

• Like 7

kyaaaaa,,,dem smile!!!! aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh ive been waitin so long to see that angelic smile of her,,,,kyaaaaaaaa :gemhyper:

look..since her departure from KARA is still very recent,,i dont think its wrong to use the word ex-KARA or former KARA ,, since we all knew shes always a part of KARA,,unofficially of course,,but still,,shes always a KARA and that one thing wont change,, people could freely pronounce her as only Kang jiyoung or Ex-KARA/Former KARA member Kang Jiyoung but for those who knew her and KARA,,fan or not,,they will always knew her as KARA Jiyoung,,thats one thing that maybe even time could not change..cuz thats just how things goes...plus its really not a big deal tho..neither side lose anything if people pronounce her as Ex-KARA,,like really,,in fact it could simply be an advantage for both KARA and Jing herself cuz their names was oftenly pronounced on public...i know maybe some "business rules" might see it as something illegal or something that could brought disadvantage for either sides..but scruw what people see from the business way man,,neither side lose nothing and both sides are still happy so yeah,,not a big deal how people pronounce Jing whether as Ex KARA jiyoung or simply Jiyoung

well..shouldnt have commented this long lol...

Jing is BACK

Giant Baby IS BACK!!!

Lalalalalalalalala...

Edited by Kevin_Karanesia97
  • Like 1

kyaaaaa,,,dem smile!!!! aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh ive been waitin so long to see that angelic smile of her,,,,kyaaaaaaaa :gemhyper:

look..since her departure from KARA is still very recent,,i dont think its wrong to use the word ex-KARA or former KARA ,, since we all knew shes always a part of KARA,,unofficially of course,,but still,,shes always a KARA and that one thing wont change,, people could freely pronounce her as only Kang jiyoung or Ex-KARA/Former KARA member Kang Jiyoung but for those who knew her and KARA,,fan or not,,they will always knew her as KARA Jiyoung,,thats one thing that maybe even time could not change..cuz thats just how things goes...plus its really not a big deal tho..neither side lose anything if people pronounce her as Ex-KARA,,like really,,in fact it could simply be an advantage for both KARA and Jing herself cuz their names was oftenly pronounced on public...i know maybe some "business rules" might see it as something illegal or something that could brought disadvantage for either sides..but scruw what people see from the business way man,,neither side lose nothing and both sides are still happy so yeah,,not a big deal how people pronounce Jing whether as Ex KARA jiyoung or simply Jiyoung

well..shouldnt have commented this long lol...

Jing is BACK

Giant Baby IS BACK!!!

Lalalalalalalalala...

I've been wondering where you were since you weren't here spazzing yesterday. XP

• Like 1

CREDIT OH

[Oricon: JPN]

Former KARA member Jiyoung shows off her beautiful legs on the TGC runway

Translated by: Kanki @ OneHallyu

2HbMTBs.png

9pFEZ9h.jpg

On September 6th, former KARA member Jiyoung took part in the ‘Reebok SPECIAL STAGE’ at the 19th Tokyo Girls Collection (TGC) 2014 AUTUMN/WINTER fashion show. This is Jiyoung’s first appearance since the announcement of her Japanese acting comeback. She walked on the runway wearing sneakers, a navy blue and grey strapped top, and a white miniskirt which gave off a sporty-feel. She dazzled the audience with her beautiful legs, which looked the same as when she was in KARA.

Jiyoung walked down the runway as the audience cheered and posed at the end with Tsuchiya Anna. In fluent Japanese, Jiyoung said, “Hello, I’m Jiyoung. It’s been such a long time since I’ve stood on stage in front of everyone and I’m so happy to be here. How have you guys been?” The crowd erupted in cheers. She also showed enthusiasm about her new activities in Japan, “I’m going to be an actress now and you should never forget what you set out to do. I want to do my very best.”

*Negative contents in spoiler

[+1753, -552] I don’t think her legs are beautiful at all… I think she lost to the other models in that regard~ That’s just if we’re talking about who has the best legs. Nice try though

[+1405, -302] There are plenty in Japan like that. It doesn’t mean you’ll just get work because of that. It all depends on how hard you work, so please do your best.

[+1243, -239] Whether or not she’ll be able to do activities here in the future is now dependent on just how hard she works … And I’m not criticizing her right now. *

[+1171, -367] I don’t care.

[+1094, -568] Wow, well I hope she does her best so she can make it

[+1030, -898] Once again, congratulations on your Japanese debut Jiyoung! There’s going to be a lot of troubling times ahead for you, but there are a lot of people here that support you. Even with difficult challenges, you jump right into Japan and for that I think you are really amazing!

[+707, -160] No one cares.

[+696, -744] You’re going to be by yourself now, but you’ll be okay because you’re Jiyoung! Do your best!

[+654, -262] No matter how you look at it, her legs just look like daikons. And that’s being lenient.

[+653, -122] I’m not particularly her fan, but to write beautiful legs and then to post this picture… Were there no better pictures to choose from? I feel like you guys did this to spite her.

*Negative contents in spoiler

* He is implying that since she no longer can rely on her group members or the brand name of 'KARA' to get by in Japan now, she will have to work very hard.

Edited by Yongery

hell yea! @isonjing memes are perfect!

thanks for sharing that!

I'm so glad you guys like my edits and stuff, I'm just a servant for all Jiyoung stans.  :gemheart:

A japanese program talked about TGC [Jing at 1:13]   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obZ9VHRssqc

Her interview https://www.youtube.com/embed/R9D3QB5yWkA

Edited by isonjing

As expected of best friends Sulli and Jiyoung ㅋㅋㅋㅋ As they say, birds of a feather flock together. Both were a nuisance to their teams and whined about wanting to go into acting because they hated being singers. They're not even that good at acting and they land lead roles shamelessly.

Someone commented that on Netizenbuzz on an article about Sulli.   :cursing:       :gemangry: Stupid haters!  :gempissoff: