[2009.11.16] "Girl Group 'Big 4' dissapearing act, where are they?"

joel.

dgs082.png

Note: I only translated the bits that were relevant to Kara

Will they come back?

When we talk about the girl group riptide in the Gayo world, it is impossible for the "4 Team", Girls' Generation, Wonders, 2NE1 and Kara to be left out. These days, however, the so called "Big 4" of the Kpop world cannot be seen on music programs. They have appeared in portions on Entertainment shows, and have similarly broken into solo activities but as groups their dazzling music stages cannot be seen. Why?

-----------

KARA -

Like 2NE1, Kara seem to be lagging behind as well. Since July through their 2nd full-album and the "butt dance" from Mister, Kara have seen a spike in their popularity. Riding this wave, in November it was announced that their new mini album was being prepared. However due to circumstances the release of this does not seem likely in the near-future.

DSP Media's PR released a statement saying " 'Mister' has been received quite warmly and its hot atmosphere will stay for the rest of the year. While a new record at the end of November was planned, its work has been delayed. If December's End-Of-Year Award Ceremonies and special stages prove to be too taxing, we will be considering a release in the new year. "

-----------

While the Girl Group Big 4 are hidden away from music programs, their solo and semi-group activities on entertainment programs, among other things, have sated the desire of many fans. You can see 2NE1's Park Bom currently in her solo stages for her new song "You & I", while fans of Girls' Generation and Kara can watch them appearing on numerous entertainment and gag shows.

Even though Big 4 will not be making a splash back into their group activities at the end of the year, each of them are working hard to achieve more meaningful and realised talents, and we eagerly anticpate their growth and comebacks in the new year.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20091116n00089

Journalist: Kim Won Kyung (gyummy@donga.com)

Translated by joel. @ Karaholic.com

(All I can say is :@ DSP.)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww, i think the promotions for Revolution was way way too short. They only released 1 music video for a full length album. -_- That is...unacceptable. Artists will usually release 2 MVs at most for their full lengths.

But!

If December's End-Of-Yeard Award Ceremonies and special stages prove to be too taxing, we will be considering a release in the new year.

I guess, this gives us something to look forward to next month? :(

Thank You for translating Joel!

its outrages.Revolution is a hit..but its TOO short.Kamilia wont mind if kara went to promote another song after 'wanna' and 'mister'.oh well,i think dsp ain't the best marketing company out there

Oh well, there's something to look forward too in dec

Edited by BabyJ

Well, the only part that cheers me up is that they consider KARA as one of the biggest!!!

Yeah that's right! They are BIG!

But I think I can accept their comeback being delayed.

I don't want them to be rushed and we do know that variety shows bring lots of fans.

KARA needs rest and even without music shows, they don't really get enough sleep.

But yeah DSP should have given them a chance to perform other songs in Revolution.

oowh, not new album, but at least they should make a new MV, ooh, it's really bad news for us, because they already inform new album/mini album in this november, the delay really a little disapointing, but, i think i know the reason that dsp really can't release new kara album in this year, @_@

they should do some sort of bts video for another song lol... instead of two versions of wanna ><

... but i guess the same heart one kind of technically counts? lol...(only comforting myself here =[)

i want kara =[, but we'll just have to wait for their spectacular return!

in the meantime i wished they did a special stage... like how they did with i am..., just a one time perf of another song on the cd :D

thanks for the translations! :tongue:

Disappointing, but patiently watiting for the release next year.

2NE1 is already in the Big 4? Wow.

& yeah Revolution was great, but I wished for the other songs to be promoted as well.

I think Wonders, is supposed to be Wonder Girls.
Edited by xlovemelody

You guys are right, DSP should have promoted another song for KARA coz Revolution was a fantastic album.

there werer so many good songs like Let It Go, A-HA ..

also, DSP should hv at least made an MV for Mister .. it would be a great vid with all those smoking hot moves :D

anyway, i'm happy that KARA is recognised as one of the Big 4 in korea... yeayyy!!

and will wait patiently for their album.. which keeps being postponed ... :<

You guys are right, DSP should have promoted another song for KARA coz Revolution was a fantastic album.

there werer so many good songs like Let It Go, A-HA ..

also, DSP should hv at least made an MV for Mister .. it would be a great vid with all those smoking hot moves :D

anyway, i'm happy that KARA is recognised as one of the Big 4 in korea... yeayyy!!

and will wait patiently for their album.. which keeps being postponed ... :<

I totally agree.

Let It Go is also very good and deserves its own performance.

And I can say no more than totally agreeing with a MV for MR.

One of the best Kpop songs ever! :thumbup: