[2009.11.16] "Girl Group 'Big 4' dissapearing act, where are they?"

joel.

It depresses me to say this but I was expecting this from DSP. They have yet to follow through with any of their promises to the fan about Kara really. Delays after delays, it is a normal occurrence in the DSP camp. Whenever I hear anything new that DSP releases about Kara I take it as it is and never put my hopes in it because I know that some thing will come up and it will be either delayed or just cancel. Their promotion and marketing team is seriously lacking, they have no real sense of what is going on and what to do with Kara, it really is a disappointment to see Kara going through this. 'Revolution' had so much potential for the girls but DSP jumped the shark and failed the girls. Even though they gained more popularity, the album and the group itself could have had much more potential.

Now with SS501's comeback the main focus will be them. With Rainbow debut, I feel the attention will also be geared over towards this group as well. From what I've seen, DSP seems to be investing a lot more attention, time, and money in to promoting Rainbow then they did with Kara when they first debut or even now. And whatever happened to Ast'1? Where did they go? What happened to their plans for Kara to break in to the Japanese market? All these plans they made for Kara never seems to go through. Kara ends up getting the short end of the deal.

This is how I would've promoted Kara and 'Revolution':

- Comeback with "Mister" as the main single, co-promoting "Wanna" for the first two months

- Two weeks off from music shows

- Comeback with "Let It Go" as the second main single, co-promoting "Magic" for another two months

- Year end shows

- Commute between Japan and Korea from January to February to begin breaking in to the Japanese market

- Comeback in March with new digital single or mini album

- All the while still appearing and making appearances on variety shows

There, that's my rant. I just hope DSP would wake up and start making Kara a main focus for them. Sorry if this was the wrong place to rant about this but I just had to get that off my chest.

The whole "Big 4" thing. I'm happy to see Kara as part of that but I feel Brown Eyed Girls is more deserving than 2NE1. 2NE1 is a good group but not to be included in the "Big 4" of SNSD, Wonder Girls, and Kara. "Big 4" second generation could be 2NE1, 4Minute, f(x), and T-Ara(?).

Just wanted to add one more thing. I love those pictures, what were they for? They look angelic in those dresses. Hara's dress gives off a sexy vibe. Great dresses on beautiful girls makes the whole picture radiant.

Edited by UnknownIdiot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also find Revolution promotion was too short for a full album : only two songs with one music video. But the fact DSP decided to push back the new mini-album for next year is a good decision to me. Revolution promotion just ended a month ago and taking more time creates the missing feeling and makes fans anticipate even more their comeback. Moreover, with SS501 comeback and Rainbow debut, It's better that DSP focus on KARA later and gives them the best promotion. We know DSP isn't really good at promoting many artists in the same time lol. For now, I just wish to see them for the special events of the end of the year and I hope to see some collaborations...like with SS501.

I didn't know that 2NE1 is part of the '4 Team' O.o..

But i know that Kara definitely is! Hahaha.. :curse:

Its rather sad that they had to delay their comeback.. But i understand that they have hectic schedules to follow and each of them have many solo activities to do..Must be tough on them :X but somehow i really missed their performance.. haven't been seeing any since a month.

I thought maye they could let Kara promote longer for their album 'Revolution' since there wasn't much MVs to film or songs to promote. Just 'mister' and 'wanna'.

Well, since Rainbow had made their debut this month, i think it is just right for DSP to promote their new songs too. Maybe the slower comeback for Kara is to give themselves ample time to promote Kara's new album well..But i hope they won't have anymore delays after then..

Kara ftw!~ :optimistic:

aww...I'm so sad that their comeback was delayed..

and their promotions on their 2nd full length album is short..

but I'm glad that they were still on variety shows and entertainment :)

I'll wait for their comeback! >_<

kara fighting!

Wow..o.O 'Big 4'.. Comeback was delayed!!! :hungry: I miss KARA... :( why DSP delayed it...?

It makes me to wait again and again...-__- be patient... :good:

I'm so curious about their new mini album! I hope it will be release soon..And also with nice MVs..^_^ KARA JJANG!

I don't see how people can count out

2ne1

as one of the big 4. They were the only, ONLY rookie group to defeat

SNSD

not once, but twice with their debut single. If that doesn't warrant inclusion in the heavyweights of the girl group world, I don't know what does.

Rant aside, DSP fails at promoting Revolution. They treated it as if it were a mini-album. Uh, hi, IT'S A FULL LENGTH ONE. YOU GET TO PROMOTE MULTIPLE SONGS. You can even make multiple music videos! Geez. Fail, DSP, FAIL.

Edited by KARAokeing

mmm... wonsoka is like a family, so 2nei?, maybe for the impact in the kpop market ^^, well 2nei are great but i don't like their attitude, influenced by their company YG, the YG idols are great, they released good albums and songs but sometimes they are egocentric, only cooperate among themselves (2nei, BigBan, GD, ....), well one thing is WonSoKa another thing is this "big4".

about the comeback, maybe DSP don

owh... that explains the goodbye stages and lack of performances hehe. but we still get to see them in variety shows. hmm wonder girls a big 4? shudnt they give way to new girl groups since they're already making it big in the US? hehe, just my own two cents :)

thanks for sharing the news btw!

I totally agree.

Let It Go is also very good and deserves its own performance.

And I can say no more than totally agreeing with a MV for MR.

One of the best Kpop songs ever! ^_^

I agree too, just like what 2ne1 did, they also promoted other songs in the album.

Let it Go, and even Same Heart are good ones.

Especially Let It Go, it has a different style & sound, not the usual auto-tune fast-paced type of songs.

I always imagined how their steps would be like in the mv for let it go. :thumbup:

the big 4 :)

2ne1 part of the big 4 ? .. already ? :o ive got mixed feelings bout that.. dunnow why.. im happy for them and all, yet.. :/ i dunnow

well i hope theyll do amazing next year then... i will be waiting patiently :)

and their solo activities are amazing ^_^

i dont really mind it got delayed.. now dsp can focus more on rainbow... its not THAT bad..

i do really miss WG...

i will wait patiently :thumbup:

Fighting !!

the big 4 :)

2ne1 part of the big 4 ? .. already ? :D ive got mixed feelings bout that.. dunnow why.. im happy for them and all, yet.. :/ i dunnow

I was thinking the same thing, it only seems like last week that they turned up; good for them if they're doing well I guess but it seems weird consdering them in the same bracket as the other three so early on. :P

Still, I don't mind things being put back as I'd much rather that happens than the final product be rushed. Here's hoping this isn't going to start a trend though.

Big 4?!

remind me of English Premier League, LOL. . .

can't deny that 4 groups are the best girl group now. . .

hope they will success esp. KARA! ! !

i have to agree with the BIG 4... Wonder girls is totally like at the top of the pack of kpop girl group follow by SNSD... Kara with all the mister hype and the tons of CF also become one of the top girl group...

and the feeling of seeing 2NE1 there makes it even better... i know they are just a rookie group but the 2NE1 brand sells... their songs are always a hit (even if it is a solo by the member)... maybe also due to the fact that they are marketed as female Big Bang...

but they missed out one group... the Brown Eyed Girls.. come on, whatever happen to abracadabra craze??? it should be the big 5!!!