[2009.11.18] KARA's popularity in CF's continue to rise

coffeebeanie

003dillydally.jpg

In two years, they managed to film only 3 commercials.

Then came the 'Butt Dance'.

Girl groups KARA has been steadily rising to the top with songs like <Pretty Girl>, <Honey> and <Wanna>, but <Mister> sealed the deal for the group.

Filming about 10 commercials in just one month, they are being called the 'Silent Giants' in the advertising industry. DSP Media had expressed that upon releasing their second mini-album last October, and then finishing promotions for the album, the girls of KARA were kept busy, filming more or less 10 CFs.

KARA did not have much to do with CF's when they first debuted in 2007. They filmed their first commercial for 'Lemona' during their first year in the industry and with hits like <Pretty Girl> and <Honey>, they managed to be in the CF's for Ottugi and Lesmore - which makes a total of 3 commercials for KARA. However, they recently managed to impress their credentials with filming commercials for chicken and pizza, bakery, grocery products, casual wear, online games and franchise restaurants, proving a wide variety of products they can advertise. Filming CF's almost everyday, indeed October was the busiest KARA has been this year.

Their second album <Revolution> contained hits like <Wanna> and <Mister>. Between the two, it is undoubtedly the 'Butt Dance' of <Mister> that raised the popularity of the group to new heights, making them a prime candidate for commercials.

DSP Media states "After the popularity of the 'Butt Dance', the love calls for commercials became relentless. We are very happy that with each new release of albums, the girls' popularity steadily rises as well. We are thankful for all the love they are able to receive."

If CF's are the fastest way to determine if a celebrity has indeed become a star, then it is undeniable that KARA is one of the hottest girl groups around. With the release of various CF's, they are transitioning from the image of 'Economic Idol's' to 'National Younger Sisters'.

Beside the numerous commercials, the members are busy with their individual activities. Nicole has her 'Mnet Reality Show: Nicole goes to College', Hara is part of G7 of KBS2's 'Inivincible Youth', Gyuri, Seungyeon and Jiyoung are regulars for programs like KBS2's 'Star Golden Bell' and SBS 'Quiz! Sixth Sense' and different radio programs.

KARA had earlier announced their plans to comeback this November, however, due to the delay in the preparation for songs, they are postponing the album release, with no exact date confirmed as of yet.

source: NATE NEWS LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT FULLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT CREDIT LINE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 commercials in just one month ! That's really a lot !

And with solo activities moreover !

Now I can undrstand why DSP said KARA are really busy lol.

I am so proud of them ! They have made a long way since their debut.

When I think they were so underrated before and now they are almost everywhere !

It shows that they have gain their place on the top after working so hard during so many years.

KARA's underrated days are OVER!

They've made a name for themselves during Pretty Girl, Honey and Wanna but Mister just sealed it for them!

Yeah, top girl group right here!

KAMILIA will always support you KARA. We're so proud!

All the hardships are worth it! Come back soon :confused1:

see, they ARE busy. Not to mention with regular shows too!

Edited by KaraNice

Wow it's amazing how fast they have rise ever since two new members were added.

I hope their popularity continues to raise with the CF's. I bet Kara is going to be extremely

strong in 2010 with their new song (: I'm excited. Thanks for sharing!

Its nice to see how Kara is slowly getting more CF offers ^^

Though its sad that their comeback is delayed but I guess its alright in order for them to really prepare well for their album ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^ and for the tip off Mae onni ^^

whoa that's one heck of a summary... seeing it all together in one article like that just makes me realize how crazy it's been for Kara, but I bet they're loving every bit of it... they all have something to do too :D

All these activities will surely carry them into the New Year... I hope they get time to buckle down and just rest for like a week atleast before they start album prep :D, I can wait!

Thanks for the translations :D

theyre really working hard :hihi:

wanna watch those CFs :D im sure itll be great !!!

Fighting !!!

As someone who has jumped on the "mister" bandwagon not too long ago I can say that the popularity of "mister" has really helped these girls. I might go so far as to say that this is their big break.

Now that they received the spotlight, you can't help but fall more into their charms and genuinity. I hope they will continue to be strong and popular.

10 commercials in just one month!!

i've never heard anything like this............

but that's...... wonderful, i'm so proud of them!!!

i'm so glad their hard work paid off....... kara jjiang!!!

and pls come back soon, we really want to see ur new album being released!!!

indeed 3 cfs in 2 years versus 10 cfs in 1 month.

Somehow, this brings a tear to my eye. Thinking about what SeungYeon said on Strong Heart.

This is very much her dream come true. I'm so glad for all of them.

Between Prety Girl, Honey, Wanna, and Mister. I hope they ride this wave for as long as possible.

Really, they deserve this.

ah, after reading the article. i feel like crying... ><"

the girls come so far already.. from nothing to national younger sisters<3

that term made me really happy. they are finally being... known . :P

their hardwork finally paid off. :D

im so so happy for them ! <3

+1

That's how I feel too =)

but I don't want KARA to get more CF offer.. 10 is enough!! I want to see them everyweek!! I want their comeback!!! =P

KARA hwaiting!! <3

wow. a
CF
for pizza...i so want to see the other commercials.

I`m so proud of KARA
(:

"they are postponing the album release, with no exact date confirmed as of yet."

so no one knows exactly when...ah, it's okay. the girls have to promote themselves even more.

thhey have their individual and group activities so that means we will see more of
KARA
from now on.

KARA FTW
!

thank you for the translation
(: