[2009.11.23] KARA is the next Hallyu star?

yoomster

Just read the news from allkpop and wanted to share with everyone. It seems like Kara is getting very popular in Japan biggrin.gif

KARA_Mister_Jap_Ver__11102010155735.jpg
Hallyu n. the Korean Wave, a socio-cultural phenomenon taking place across Asia. Sounds fascinating, doesn't it?

With the super-infectious love for k-pop striking the lands of China, Japan, Vietnam and many other countries, it's time for another group is about to add to this international phenomenon and take a step overseas: KARA! Some may remember the prediction we made quite a while ago on how we might be able to see them on our upcoming j-pop site, Tokyohive with their high potential of success in Japan. Looks like we guessed correctly!

KARA will be making their first step in Japan by being featured in a special video appearance on the Japanese talk show, ARASHI's Homework (ARASHI's 숙제군) on the 23rd. With the members of a famous idol group ARASHI as hosts, the show's ratings are relatively high. Now why would KARA make an appearance in a Japanese TV show when they haven't even debuted in the country yet? It turns out the show's guest, Gekidan Hitori is actually a fanboy at heart for KARA! His passion and love for the girls forced him visit the DSP Entertainment office in Japan to get a chance to actually talk to them.

KARA's representative stated,

Gekidan Hitori came to DSP's office in Japan to get the information and data about KARA. We were very thankful toward his love for KARA. Then they requested a video message of them for the show.

Gekidan Hitori had shown his interest for KARA on another show called Monkey Baby as well. For ten whole minutes, Hitori gushed about the quintet to the audience. He said,

My wife loves Korea, so I am learning the language right now. She introduced me to KARA through the internet, and I completely fell in love at first sight. It's the first time I've felt this way about a group since the Ribbon (legendary Japanese girl group). Since the internet is now well-developed, please take a look at their music video, Pretty Girl. If you have extra time, Rock U is very good too. KARA is not very known in Japan yet, so I am passing out their albums I bought myself to the people around.

KARA has already gained a tremendous amount of attention from Japan and even received a contract deal with one of the top entertainment agencies regarding their international debut. After the airing of this special episode with KARA being featured on the show, their popularity is expected to rise exponentially in Japan. Fighting, KARA!

source: allkpop

Edited by edr49890

KARA has already gained a tremendous amount of attention from Japan and even received a contract deal with one of the top entertainment agencies regarding their international debut.

OMG could it be avex? :) Please let it be avex!

Either way, I'm a mixed bag.

Me too. I want them to stay in Korea and focus their activities there BUT I also want to see the girls expand across Asia! They're officially the first Korean girl group to cross the international border line no they're not hahaha -smacks self- but they're kind of the first one to be so hyped up in Japan?, so I'm really excited to see how they'll do. (:

and omg they're going to be shown on Arashi's show? Kara + JE = lots and lots of love.

And a HUGE thanks to Gekidan Hitori for promoting the girls! It was him who gave Yaguchi Mari Honey, too!

KARA fighting!!

Support them as always and all the best to them when they have their Japan debut.

My favourite singer in Japan is Nami Tamaki, another extremely good dancer as well (even better than Lee Hyori) and if they even do a 3 minute special colaboration.... I'd faint on the spot. :)

KARA!!

xichigo: cjsh were in japan before (not sure what happened, since they kind of disappeared) and wg (still active in america) both have had activities outside of korea

anyways, it's nice that kara's well received in japan already, even before their debut

but as everyone had mentioned, we won't get to see kara on tv performing anymore =(

xichigo: cjsh were in japan before (not sure what happened, since they kind of disappeared) and wg (still active in america) both have had activities outside of korea

OH YEAH CJSH... gosh I forgot about them. ): Seriously I don't know what happened to them in Japan; they're just, .. hidden. WG has never expanded to Japan before though, even thought they took on the States. Thanks for correcting me though, rebt. (:

but as everyone had mentioned, we won't get to see kara on tv performing anymore =(

It's ok, most likely they'll appear on Japanese TV shows! But yeah... I'm gonna miss seeing them performing on Korean music shows, since it's hard for foreign artists to appear on Japanese music shows like Music Station.

-crosses fingers-

This mean that KARA goes to Japan is drawing near D;

I know this is good news, but I still want KARA new album... I just wish them good luck.. and hope that even when they are in Japan we still get wonderful news and performance from there..

Yay for our girls!!Now they will get popular in Japan!!Woooot!!I'm wondering..Gyuri can speak a little Japanese right?and if they can't speak Japanese,they can learn from their juniors A'ST1 too~That's cute^^

Anyway best luck for our girls^^

Edited by Hyewoo

"received a contract deal with one of the top entertainment agencies regarding their international debut" ??

omg i dont think i have ever felt more proud about kara. an international debut!! or rather, i should say, a japanese debut?? but i hope they would do as well as ss501 did. if they make it big in japan it would be totally awesome!!!! oh gosh i'm very curious to see what kara would have to offer if they ever do debut in japan.... :D

but "rock u is very good too"?? he should listen to gee or nobody first before arriving to that conclusion...

but rock u is nice in some ways but the chant "rock u body i say rock u body i say" really spoils the whole song.

but "rock u is very good too"?? he should listen to gee or nobody first before arriving to that conclusion...

but rock u is nice in some ways but the chant "rock u body i say rock u body i say" really spoils the whole song.

Japanese performers did a cover of KARA's Rock U and Pretty Girl and they were hits in Japan. :D

That's what made KARA known in Japan I think.

Yeah I saw this video of him gushing about kara. There were times he hit the nail on the head about why he liked them so much, at least why I do too. He said that as they are still not as popular as SNSD he feels like he should act the role of a father supporting his kids to reach that level. I think the same way, I felt that they were underprivileged, which is sad because they are such wonderful people. :D

YAY!!! YES!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favourite FAVOURITE girl group getting free publicity on a well rated tv show EXCELLENT. I love it!

Kara already have key influential celebrities that support kara in japan. Love it.

Korea underrate Kara because of their SNSD and 2ne1. ABOUT TIME, Kara grabs their own spotlight!!!!

Shine in Japan girls!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Please prove it!!! Japan will adore these girls, i can see it

i did expect them to go overseas, but i didn't expect they'd go this early. Looks like gyul's japanese lesson will be put to the test lol

thanks for the heads up!

yes

thay are totally my no1 hallyu star in my heart

my friends love them too

Vietnam 'll welcomes Kara so so so somuch

if they come to VN

i just hope to see them once in my life:((:x

Love kara so much

Nice...finally they did it!!!tats means their hardwork din't waste

Gratz to Kara...Kara JianG~

wish they hav many own concert in the future so tat we can enjoy it better near 2 my country so i can buy ticket n support them!!!i wish tat it will come true!!!PLZ!!!