[2009.11.24] Kara can receive bank loans for bakery up to 70,000,000 Won (EST. $60,000)'

thebuddybud

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kara be successful in managing their bakery?

• You dare question the success of Kara's bakery?! For shame, for shame.
    • Maybe *Runs away after saying that*

2yovgow.jpg

How much can the 'economic idols' be able to receive in bank loans?

In order to try starting the nations first celebrity bakery introduced through Mnet's 'Kara Bakery', Kara had personally went to visit the bank for the required money.

In a bank in Cheongdam, the credit loans that Kara could receive were up to 70,000,000 Won (EST. $60,000). Between the members, Nicole, Goo Hara, and Kang Jiyoung are underaged, so they could not receive any loans. However, with only just Park Gyuri and Han Seungyeon, they could receive up to that much money, and considering their age, it is not such a bad amount.

The bank has said "Park Gyuri is a person who frequently uses the bank, so she could get up to 40,000,000 Won ($35,000), and Han Seungyeon used the bank on many occasions here and there, so she can receive up to 30,000,000 Won ($25,000)."

Kwon YoungChan PD, who is in charge of the production said "The loans that they have received will be enough to cover the bakery expenses."

Will Kara be successful in managing their bakery?

The first broadcast will air on the 25th.

source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200911232350251001

translated by thebuddybud @ karaholic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahah, that was such a cute poll. Thanks for the translation (:

Nicole looks like she's breathing in in the picture, but its v. cute!

I've not watched the Wonder Girls edition, but why are they using their own expenses for the show o_o Seems pretty weird. Owells, anyway, I'm sure the girls will succeed! ^_^

edit- i just watched the wonder girls edition! it's really really cool (: if kara bakery has a similar style to it, im sure it'll be a big hit. Im definitely going to keep a lookout for the kara bakery, whether or not its the same style. :P

Edited by magnifigue

Wait... Will they be responsible for the loan? Is this for real?

Of course the show is scripted to some extent.

I don't know if Gyuri and Seung Yeon will be responsible for their loan or not, but most probably IF (just a big if okay, and I really think nothing bad will happen) anything goes wrong, DSP will be first to answer.

The bank has said "Park Gyuri is a person who frequently uses the bank, so she could get up to 40,000,000 Won ($35,000), and Han Seungyeon used the bank on many occasions here and there, so she can receive up to 30,000,000 Won ($25,000)."

This makes me feel better lol~ the fact that the older members use banks and use them often means that there's a higher chance of success. haha. I hope they'll be consulting professional accounting and banking people in the show or something? :3

eee I'm so excited for this showww~ :D

I'm confused though -- does taking out a loan mean that they're putting their own (personally) invested money at risk or...?

I understand that the younger members can't receive bank loans. :/

But, great to Gyuri&Seungyeon,

I think the girls will do great. .

Yeah, are they actually gonna own it after the show?

Can't wait to watch this & Nicole's college show.

I need to find hers. >___<"
Edited by xlovemelody

wow. so that bakery belongs to them? even after the show ends? o.o

yeah, i'm wondering too. lol why are they using their own expenses for the show.

thanks for the translations jin!

i know right.. why is Mnet making them even check to see how much loans they can get lol.. this can't be real XD.. so i hope it's all just for the show...

thanks jin

Like I said... it is obvious that it is scripted to some extent.

And I don't think that Gyuri and Seung Yeon placed their own money for this, rather DSP did.

Because if both of them did, that would be a huge risk for DSP instead.

If something happens, the ones getting the most trouble would be DSP.... not the girls.

So it is only obvious that it is a scripted show.

Just imagine that DSP needs to go through a mass amount of media, losses, debts and what not.... they aren't that stupid.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not critisizing at all.

Well to be honest, I was one of the very few that picked the "maybe (runs away)". I'm sure it won't be too bad considering their popularity, but I chose maybe 'cause I wasn't sure how they can run a business. It's pretty hard I'm assuming.

But I'm glad they are doing this, it onl re-affirms their popularity. Gosh, if I was in Korea I'd totally visit their bakery :)