The Original KARA

chupachups

• 3 weeks later...

(I also posted this at AKP, so if you are reading this for a second time I hope you enjoy it again.)

With Kamilia Day upon us, I wanted to reflect on the gone but not forgotten KARA4. For those not familar with KARA4, Sunghee was the "main" singer with Gyuri, Seungyeon, and Nicole as the "supporting" singers. Also, Nicole was the rapper, though Gyuri rapped some too and was very good at it. KARA4 debuted on March 29, 2007 with "Break It" on Mnet. They soon followed with "If U Wanna" and "Secret World." Each song better than the last. Even though they worked hard, were the most entertaining, and best looking group they were overshadowed by SNSD and the Wonder Girls. Whether it was a case of mass insanity or just bad timing, for some unknown reason "The First Blooming" didn't catch on. Unfortunately after promotions of "The First Blooming" ended, Sunghee left the group. Today "The First Blooming" is considered a defining cd in K-Pop (and music) history.

Just like Vincent van Gogh wasn't recognized during his time, KARA4 had to wait for their fame. As KARA5's popularity increased people began looking back at KARA4, and realized they missed the greatest musical act of the last 20 years. It would be as if the World had turned off their TVs during the day of the Moon landing, and then find out years later, that man had walked on the Moon. So please remember we're Kamilias of both KARA4 and KARA5, and without KARA4 there is no KARA5. Happy Kamilia Day to everyone and treasure every KARA moment since a group like KARA only comes along once in a generation.

Edited by ilovekaramorethanthebeatles
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i just finished watching kara selfcam. sunghee really like to make alien noise.kekeke

there's been a lot change with them. but one thing for sure gyuri is still a goddess :o

and seunghyeun was so cute back then!

i'd really like to see sunghee with KARA5 again.

• 2 weeks later...