[2008.10.09] Seungyeon: I'd like to try acting, but KARA is my priority.

coffeebeanie

Kara's Han Seung Yeon: When Kara establishes its place in the industry, I'll give acting a try.

20081010ba002.jpg20081091136_353373436_4786_0.jpg

"After Kara's place in the music industry becomes well established, I'll show you the acting side of me!"

Girl group Kara's 'baby-faced cutie' Han Seung Yeon (20) has been receiving love calls for acting. Kara released their mini album last July, and with their title song Rock U, they have been garnering lots of popularity, and has been successful so far. Unlike their slow rise after their first debut till October last year, the members have rapidly gained favorable responses this time. In the middle of all this is Seung Yeon, an MC for KM's SSGB program, where her popularity can be seen greatly. She was also an MC for a gaming program, where viewers saw her pure and cute personality which garnered her a lot of male fans as well. Recently, there have been rumors that she has been receiving love calls to act. This has been confirmed by their management company who stated that "It is true that there have been many offers to SeungYeon to cast her in a mini-series and dramas."

However, before she transforms into an actress, her priority is preparing for Kara's next album which will be released mid-November, which she hopes will strengthen their status as singers. The management company also stated that "We have gained a lot of support through Rock U, and we will continue the activities of Kara to be able to increase their popularity and secure definite success. We will deal with the acting offers after the activities of the group are finished. After Kara finishes their album activities early next year, and there is a good offer for an acting role, we might consider it and try to include that in her efforts as well."

translations by: coffeebeanie @ karaholic

source: source. thanks mae for the link.

-----

I personally think its a smart move for DSP to keep the girls together since they are just starting to gather attention and the new album is supposed to be out soon. I don't want Seungyeon to be like Yoona and miss out on the singing activities of the group due to acting commitments..

oh wow... Tin you are so fast ehehe :thumbup1:

thank you so much for the translation :D

and i know what you mean about not wanting seungyeon to be like yoona

but to be honest, there seems to be a "yoona" in every group... ehehe

tin!!! :D thanks...

oh wow.. seungyeon is really that popular?! hence KARA is getting that popular? :thumbup1:

i agree DSP is making a GREAT decision and Seungyeon herself too :D

well the thing is though gyul and seungyeon have had acting stints before..so it's kinda like they are going back...wait so is DSP confident in their next album to solidify KARA therefore looking at acting after album activities?..looks like it :D

anyways.. I hope DSP lets the other girls get opportunities too..

i'm guessing Hara is the other person that is getting calls and stuff...

i hope in their next album Gyul gets offers too... :D

We will deal with the acting offers after the activities of the group are finished. After Kara finishes their album activities early next year, and there is a good offer for an acting role, we might consider it and try to include that in her efforts as well."

Can you guys hear the year end gayo shows calliing? :D

I want to see her act in a drama !

But I understand that she (and DSP) makes KARA be the priority first.

Then, she can act and sing in the same time like Yoonha in SNSD.

I think Gyuri should act too...she will be great I'm sur !

aigoo! well, it would be a good thing to try acting too esp. for the Unnies but I think it would be a big problem to there singing career...

I don't like SeungYunnie to be like Yoona of SNSD, I mean she missed out many of SNSD's activities because of her acting career and she rarely sleeps too..

anyways, hope they will be more successful in there new album!

I agree, I think it's a good choice to focus on strengthening and establishing KARA's place within the music industry. Keeping the girls together as a group for the most part will help in doing that.

I do hope that Seung Yeon is able to act in the future though; I think she would make an amazing actress. ^^

Thanks for sharing!

I think Gyuri should act too...she will be great I'm sur !

exactly XD Gyuri's got so much potential too! Dont forget her more than once acting experiences :thumbup: Her talent should not be wasted! But yeah, anyway, KARA is put in the first place. Also so far DSP has always driven KARA to focus (even sometimes "too much" and "solely" =X) the most on music, you can see.. regarding this they are quite wise huh? LOL :lol:

Its great to see them getting more popular day by day xDD

Thanks Tin!! <3

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ME TOO I DONT WANT SEUNGYEON TO BE LIKE YOONA.

but it never crossed my mind that seungyeon could act!!!! bet she's pretty good but i dont want her to be an actress.... that would mean that due to acting commitments she'll have to miss out on some activities and i dont want that.

but dsp is being quite clever this time - establish kara's position in the music industry first before doing anything else. but nevertheless when it comes to promoting and marketing, dsp honestly sucks like hell.................

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...