[2009.12.02] Kara Bakery gets flooded

chopsuey

2rxv1vr.jpg

...with phone calls. We previously reported about Kara Bakery, a new reality show involving Kara running a bakery of their own. We also reported earlier, that they have leased a shop and Kara Bakery is currently looking for part time workers.

That is when the creators of the program made a tiny mistake that ended up in disaster. The image they used for promotions, such as the one up above, accidentally had the bakery's phone number listed on it. With news of Kara seeking part time workers being released, healthy young men put the two together - and started dialing the number. Thousands of them. The creators immediately deleted the numbers from the image, but unfortunately they are still having a hard time dealing with the flood of phone calls.

As for the selection process, part time workers at Kara Bakery will be selected first through resume and cover letter, then through an interview process. Interviews will be conducted by Kara members themselves and 4 will be selected for internship during one month of preparations before the official opening of the bakery. After that one month, two will be chosen as real part time workers.

Credit: AK

--

Fanboys desperate to work for Kara... and with good reason... surrounded by 5 pretty girls that'll boss you around... that in itself is a dream come true, right boys?

Well, they can always change the number... or pull the plug on the phone and use a mobile phone for the time being... hahaha!!!

I wonder what kind of bakeshop they have... I mean, if it's like Bread Talk?

In any case, so the selection process is like an interview, eh? Of course, I think the PD still has the final say as to who goes on the show or not...

Good luck to the chosen ones!

it's been a while since i've done the whole forum thing... from the looks of the rules only mods create posts here- anywho my name's chris :tongue:

i've recently gotten into kara and i felt like a little girly man when i read this ^_^

resume and cv are ready- only problem is... my korean's not very good :eyelove: also- i'm having trouble finding out how/where i apply for this- does anyone have any info for this? sorry if the answers obvious :unsure:

May be I'm a little silly in my understanding of the situation, but didn't the people in charge of this little fiasco realize the hoard (or legion) of hormonally unbalanced male fans would flog any and all kinds of communication channels to get access (or simply a glimpse) of their idols?

I'm surprised the PD, etc. aren't asking for blood sample, finger print analysis, detailed criminal background check and your first born...then again that can always be added as a prerequisite for employment (emphasis on the first born).

Fanboys desperate to work for Kara... and with good reason... surrounded by 5 pretty girls that'll boss you around... that in itself is a dream come true, right boys?

^chopsuey, you understand us fanboys too well. XD And whoever posted up those ads should seriously have seen this coming... !!! Kara's increases in popularity this year are just absolutely gargantuan.

it's been a while since i've done the whole forum thing... from the looks of the rules only mods create posts here- anywho my name's chris :tongue:

i've recently gotten into kara and i felt like a little girly man when i read this ^_^

resume and cv are ready- only problem is... my korean's not very good :eyelove: also- i'm having trouble finding out how/where i apply for this- does anyone have any info for this? sorry if the answers obvious :unsure:

Welcome to the forum Chris, hope you like it here... and for news as long as it's kara related, not a repeat post, and tagged/credited properly.... pretty much anyone can post news here.

To answer your question, haha well you need to be in Korea for one =P, and I think you would need to contact mnet about working for their bakery

^chopsuey, you understand us fanboys too well. XD And whoever posted up those ads should seriously have seen this coming... !!! Kara's increases in popularity this year are just absolutely gargantuan.

haha so true, unless they did it on purpose to gain interest in the show as well xD

May be I'm a little silly in my understanding of the situation, but didn't the people in charge of this little fiasco realize the hoard (or legion) of hormonally unbalanced male fans would flog any and all kinds of communication channels to get access (or simply a glimpse) of their idols?

I'm surprised the PD, etc. aren't asking for blood sample, finger print analysis, detailed criminal background check and your first born...then again that can always be added as a prerequisite for employment (emphasis on the first born).

The exact same thing that i was thinking when i read the "HIRING" notice and was thinking of what their intentions could possibly be ;p

Edited by Vladimir