[Hamtastic] Popular Misconceptions About Seungyeon

chopsuey

3. Seungyeon is the Leader or Maknae of Kara

- Still a pretty popular misconception but she is indeed the 2nd oldest and FAKE maknae of Kara (as she has stated herself). This one started because Seungyeon was guesting on a lot of shows when Kara was not as popular, so a lot of people jsut assumed she was in charge of the group too. (Thanks anne!)

I think there is still a lot of people mistaking her as the leader until now...

Hope everyone will make clear of this^^

I can understand why neitizens might think Seungyeon is attention-seeking cos when Kara debuted she was on alot of shows and thus the limelight would be on her. But in the end it was for kara's good :lol2: Lol @ fake maknae, she definitely seems like one with all her aegyo :)

• 2 months later...

mmm this tread cleared up a lot of things haha when i heard rumors that sy was conceited i almost stopped liking her but as i watched more videos i couldnt help but continue to adore her, yet for a while i always had this lingering thought that what if she was really conceited underneath everything. but now i can relax knowing she isnt at all what rumors make her out to be

• 1 month later...

Yeah I didnt get to see the videos about the rude and conceited ones. Anyone has them to repost so I can take a look and have a laugh at these peeps.

As with lovers there are always haters, lets just accept that they are around and one day they will be taken over by Hammy's loveliness ^_^

Edited by zoldyck

I cannot stand it when people say Seungyeon is rude. She just shows a very honest and outgoing personality on screen. SY is the Maknae is such a popular one. That's what I thought too when I first saw Break It. Also that she is the leader and for that reason I wish Gyuri would introduce herself that way. Goddess in charge of beauty is good, but she should sneak leader in there somewhere. No matter what people say or think SY will always be amazing (:

seungyeon is definitely not a rude person..

she may seem a bit cold at first because of her quiet and calm nature..

but the fact is that she's the type of person who you get to like better and better as you know her more..

Looking from what she does and what she talks about, you can tell that she is really a nice person.. she cares a lot about her fellow KARA members as well as the continuity of KARA itself..

She will be the last person to be called a rude person..

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I am kind of curious about the videos that make people think SY is rude. I might go try and find them online some time because I never got that impression of her. Glad this thread is helping people realize.

I think she's endured a lot more by having the "represent" the group when no one knew who they were. And as an artist everyone wants to get famous and well known and everyone has different personalities as to how to cope with the fame or lack of it. In Seung Yeon's case, she's probably more emotional about it than her other members. Which is probably why so many "bad" things seemed apparent to non-fans.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand how some people could think Seungyeon is rude and conceited. I remember some articles on Allkpop saying she was a camera hogger or something. Totally not necessary. Im allowed to say this right? :( At least they were deleted.

Anyways, Im glad people are starting to forget about the incidents in the past and starting to get to know the real, pure and dorky Seungyeon.

• 3 weeks later...