[Hamtastic] Popular Misconceptions About Seungyeon

chopsuey

Seungyeon is a very charming girl. The people who say she is rude is probably over-analyzing every little thing that she has done :L

It's the same with Tiffany of SNSD, there was this one program where she corrected some guys English and people called her rude for it. However, when I watched that video, the man who she corrected took it well and laughed along with it.

I can understang why she can be seen as rude, because I have the same problem as her: I'm always smiling! People think I don't have any harsh feelings, so when I'm serious and say what's on my mind, it's shocking for them LOL. I think that's what happens whith Hammie...

She's a lovely girl who works really hard but obviously, she also gets tired, sad, angry and makes mistakes, like everybody else. It must be hard keeping up with an adorable image, especially when cameras are around you and everybody is waiting for you to make something wrong.

Personally I love Seungyeons's sort of two-sided personality. She isn't fake, she's frank like some-one pointed out. She doesn't pretend to be cute, she just is, and really what people consider her trying to be cute, is really just her being a dork. Seungeyeon is also really mature also, which is another thing I really like about her, aside from her being really pretty too. On one hand she is this silly girl watching anime and then in the other hand she is drinking wine and cooking at home with her family. I love that about her.

Also, I take into consideration the hypocrisy of the kpop industry aswell. I love Super Junior but I admit that sometimes they can be very rude and they can also come across as a tad vain and arrogant. However, when Seungyeon said she didn't like Chubby guys on that one show with SUJU alot of fans were upset with her for saying that infront of Shindong, but it was a joke, just her serious face kind of ruined it. Also when she made the other lame joke about suju alot of suju fans went to attack Kara's popularity (how original right) and I just kept thinking, I don't think she intended it that way, Seungyeon just isn't good at telling jokes. Yet when Eeteuk called Suzy of Miss A fat, and Shindong said he didn't like fat girls people actually defended them. If they can speak thier mind, why can't she jokingly make a statement. I like that she speaks her mind about things, it's just that not everyone can get with that. I honestly think this is why she and Hara seem to click so well and can seem attached at the hip sometimes, Hara is just as frank and like with SY, with her sweet appearance can come a sassy, frank personality that doesn't mince words.

I also think that another misconception is that she is snobby (sorry if someone mentioned it already) I don't remember where exactly but I remember someone commenting that Seungyeon seemed kind of snobby. All I could think was how could the dork known as seungyeon be snobby. She isn't that social? So what, who cares? Seungyeon likes doing the things that she likes to do, even if it goes against the grain of what is considered popular. In general Seungyeon is great. People think she isn't popular or people consider her to be ugly cause she doesn't get as much praise for her beauty as say someone like Yoona but Seungyeon is amazingly popular and just as amazingly pretty!! She doesn't get enough credit for being the rock and center (not facially but mentally) of Kara. Seungyeon has the most hardcore fans of Kara and she and her fans did alot to get Kara where they are today. People should look into Seungyeon and see all she had to do to be at this point in her life. She didn't come from some Big 3 company that by association alone could make her popular. Seungyeon is senstive but strong which is proven time and time again by her reaction to hurtful comments towards Kara and the fact that she will go on just about ANY show to keep the Kara name alive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember reading stuff on allkpop about how rude seungyeon was and i felt bad b/c she's my fav. member. I hated it b/c they didn't even know her personally and she didn't even seem rude actually. I think a lot of people are quick to judge idols b/c they are constantly seen in the public eye. I am glad more international fans are getting to know her better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4. Seungyeon is always super cute and bubbly.

- This may be the case on air or in photoshoots [at times], but she is actually quite different on her own time. She has stated that she acts differently on camera compared to real life, but she is slowly becoming this brighter person we see on air off as well. But yes, if you watch past videos or BTS/self cam ones, you can see she keeps to herself or is more calm. (Thanks Anne and in-in :eyelove:)

haha interesting cause its so true not jsut for sy but everyone really, atleast 99% of the time :P

• 4 weeks later...

I have to admit, I was one of the victims of believing the misconception that she was rude and that shes always bubbly. I almost stopped liking Seungyeon entirely because of it :( FORTUNATELY, I didn't want to believe what I read and gave her the benefit of the doubt :D I found this topic and I'm so happy to hear that they are misconceptions. Its unfortunately how so much gossip or misconceptions may be created just because of one video or one action.

• 3 months later...