[2009.12.04] Kara's Nicole Skipping Class? Viewers Angry

Hamster Boy

15fq0lx.jpg

Summary Translation: Basically, on the 4th episode of Nicole Goes to College, Nicole is getting negative feedback from viewers for not focusing on her goals and some say she is developing a bad reputation...

- She was late for class, but instead of hurrying, she says, "I'm already late, anyway."

- She says, "I can skip class" while her professor was listening.

- During break, she skips class and goes to amusement park with her friends.

- She and KimEunJung from Jewelry talks really loud disturbing other people in a library.

- The show didn't make clear if Nicole drank alcohol or non-alcoholic drink when she was hanging out with her college club/activity mates.

I haven't seen this episode yet, so I don't know. It could be another article over exaggerating things.

Nicole of Kara has been attending college and enjoying her new student life. She's been having a hard time since she has faced many acceptances and rejections and because she doesn't understand the lessons taught because of her poor grasp of Korean. On today's episode of Mnet Nicole the Entertainer's Introduction to Veterinary Science, she decided to build more of a social life in school, but it didn't bring out the best in her.

She decided to join a club and after agonizing over which one to join, she finally picked the badminton club. During the first night after she joined, they all decide to go out and and have some fun. She went to a restaurant where all of them drank alcohol and though it doesn't show her drinking anything, it almost implies it. Also, netizens are upset because she is still underage and thus didn't think it was appropriate. Later, she cuts class to go to an amusement park with two boys. Eun Jung of Jewelry told Nicole that cutting class is something you have to experience in college. That might be the fun part of college, but who says it on national television?

Nicole had a very long histology class and during break, she ran out and cut class. Though I don't blame her for cutting one class because it really isn't a big deal, I don't understand why anyone would ever cut class after the teacher saw that you were already in class.

Another thing netizens were upset to see was that when she was running late, she didn't even rush. She just said, "I'm already late so whatever."

Netizens have said, "After I saw the episode, I was disappointed. Nicole's image is getting worse and it's kind of sad," "How can they air her skipping class and not paying attention in class?" and "Nicole needs to set a goal in her college life and really follow it."

I think the netizens are being pretty harsh because most of thems are probably college students themselves and they most likely do the same thing each week.

cr: http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor...drinks_alcohol/

Edited by anne
added in akp translation

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For God sake people(the ones that get angry with Nicole, bot my kamilia comrades =D) skinp class to go the the bar and play some pool or the amusemant park in this case is the most comon thing to do in college. Who amongs us never skip a class justa to full around? That whats being young and some times dumb(in a good way) is all about =D

I think that it's just a trick of the producers, I don't think that Nicole would do that <_<

Even if she did, IMO it's not a big deal. I've skipped class many times and turned out awesome. I think it made her more relatable and real. I think some people though are really uptight about things on TV.

excuse me but did you translate this article?

if not, please give credit to the translator.

Regardless, if it's Nicole or the PD's doing...

Nicole is human just like us.

She is not perfect.

tsk tsk. to those bad netizens.

Anyways, isn't this show scripted?!

NICOLE FTW!~

For God sake people(the ones that get angry with Nicole, bot my kamilia comrades =D) skinp class to go the the bar and play some pool or the amusemant park in this case is the most comon thing to do in college. Who amongs us never skip a class justa to full around? That whats being young and some times dumb(in a good way) is all about =D

I'll agree with you. It's what most people do.

and if she wasn't a public figure, it wouldn't be such a big deal. Unfortunately, as a role model for younger children, and a public figure being an idol. They have to put forward an almost perfect facade. Like someone else said, I seriously doubt most of the stuff on here, course I don't know her personally so I can't say. Course, I don't agree with skipping class to go play. It's not a good habit to get into. Either way, I don't think it's a big deal in the first place. It makes her seem more relatable and realistic. Instead of this fake image that most people have in their heads.

Either way, shame on the producers if they scripted it this way.

If Nicole did it, well hope for the best. I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to crucify her for it either.

Aw, but even if it's the producer's doing, Nicole would still be in the bad light. I hope someone can speak out to clear Nicole's name or smth.

But if it's her own doing, while I don't approve skipping class, I don't think the netizens should be so harsh on her, she has her work to handle too. :/ Balancing work and study isn't all that easy. Cut the girl some slack, let her play~

(I don't really think she would do that though, it seems so unlike her. But if it's her character, she's showing the public her true self, something people can relate to.)

I've never been to college so I wouldn't know...LOL.

I'm kind of wondering if this was the producer's idea. If it was... - ___ - But if Nicole did this willingly, I don't know. I know Cole isn't human but it kind of bugs me she did that on camera. That's what sucks about going to school on that show. I hope Nicole is taking this okay though and isn't bothered by what they say. Nicole fighting!

Oh jeez. I don't know why people are making such a big deal out of this... people skip school all the time at my school, but then again, she lives in Korea. The large gaps between cultures totally baffle me sometimes, if it's a free country, then I don't think stars should be getting criticized so much.

Anywho, I don't think it's as bad as the media is making it out to be; she probably only skipped one period. >.<

haha... i wish someone would criticize me for skipping class... it is not a bid deal... seriously i can even skip a whole week of class in college...

but i think the point is that being an idol, they really have to be so perfect, a role model to others.. so kinda know where they come from ^^

i skip school and fake illness so many time that i was almost not in school for half a year (only when attending school the whole day is not counted as skipping).

Skipping school with friend is what making school fun <_<

I rather see a happy Nicole than a sad looking one any day.

Edited by gavin440

IMHO, those things are not THAT bad .. like the rest of u, i've skipped classes during my college days but

i turned out alright..

i'm not condoning such 'naughty' behaviours but just saying that netizens shouldn't be so uptight about it!!

also agree that some of nicole's actions might be scripted and directed by the production team .. maybe to

create controversies and increase viewership.

but i hope nicole wise up to in the sense that she should do her best in her studies.. even though it's just a TV show, she has to understand that her image is dependent on it..

but seriously, those netizens are acting as if they've never done something as harmless as playing truant... aishhh!! <_<

anyway, nicole hwaitinggg!!

Maybe it was the producer's idea to show the ups and downs of college life and no matter who or what you are there will be obstacles a long the way such as peer pressure and such? I wouldn't yet cause I'm too young for college keke.

Nicole seems to be having a hard time in college because of her lack of korean knowledge compared to her peers.

??? Ok .. . i guess it's because she's an "IDOL" and the viewers / generation looks after her.

lol, I'm guilty too. I'm still in high school and I skip classes all the time. It is bad for your record

but some days you have bad days. Poor Nicole.