[2009.12.04] Kara's Nicole Skipping Class? Viewers Angry

Hamster Boy

i think, viewer may angry to Nicole or the producer or the film, BUT.... after the shows is goes to the end of the episode and Cole still do that(which makes viewer mad), it's just a show that can be under the script, coz i think thats impossible if reallity/variety show which 100% without script, at least 1% scripted, just wait for next episode, :D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched episode 4 already and i was quite upset because those guys keep flirting with nicole

but nicole is just an average err not average..quite famous college students

who wanna have a normal college life soo her cutting classes and den having fun with

her friends is normal right?

This reminds me the whole thing that happened because of Chansung's littering on wild bunny -_____-

Um, I'm not sure what to think. Just because everyone does it doesn't mean it's right for Nicole to do it. I mean, she's famous for her easygoing attitude but at school she needs to buckle down a bit. Cutting class... /disapprove.

Lol but w/e. It's not like she's REALLY going to become a vet, and netizens are blowing this thing way out of proportion. For college students, going to school is their job. Nicole's job is being an entertainer, and this school show is just something she's doing on the side. I still hope she cleans up her act, though. haha.

The "drinking alcohol" bit... complete b/s. -__- Nicole's smarter than that.

But I can kind of understand where she's coming from. She needs to make this show interesting and keep the viewer ratings up. All shows are scripted to some extent and if she rushed to class every day, and she didn't cut school and go somewhere with her friends so she could get the "full college experience," then... where's the fun in the show?

Poor Nicole... =/ She really doesn't deserve all this negativity. I mean...I was kinda shocked when she didn't rush to class when she was late.

I'm really Asian and I MUST always get to class on time. o.o"

Still...she IS working hard. I hope they don't forget that. And besides, it's so common in American colleges and universities to skip class and go to parties and stuff like that. It's not really surprising. Maybe it's different in Korea? :x

I bet it's just exaggerated. I mean Nicole's human too, she deserves to have some fun.

The drinking alcohol part. It didn't clearly show Nicole drinking it was just suggested.

Besides I think Nicole's way smarter than that.

Screw Netizens. Nicole jjang

Regardless if she's intending on becoming a veterinarian if she's willing to commit to taking on the work (i.e., school as many have commented) she should take it seriously. From the first episode she has been struggling with her acceptance and her role as a student (to some degree) we can all sympathize with her because we've all been students and had our bad/off days.

She should know better. With regard to her image I, like many of you, would like to think it's all a ploy by the producers to help ratings, etc. but do you think Nicole would jeopardize her image without thinking about the possible outcomes not only for herself but for the other members of the group? We're not entirely sure she was drinking as neither the report nor the episode clearly show definitive proof of such behavior it for now is only speculative.

As I have not yet watched the fourth episode is there a preview of episode five? Does such behavior continue from episode four or does it show her buckling down on her school work or is it a combination of the two?

Isn't these kinda os shows most likely scripted, anyways?

She's underage, yeah, she's not stupid to drink with cameras on her, you know.

Skipping classes isn't that bad, but I am still still in high school,

but seriously, I think they want more viewer ratings, in my opinion

to let Nicole do this?

Maybe the producer asked her to do all this stuffs.

Skipping classes is not that bad but the alcohol drinking, they didnt really show her drinking it though.

But since she is a singer, she is suppose to show a better image than anyone else.

So i hope she will be more careful..

Nicole Hwaiting! ^^

Regardless of whether the producers wanted this to happen or not, it's pretty disappointing. None of us really know how Nicole is personally so we can't say for sure that she wouldn't do these things with her own free will. I hope it WAS just scripted, otherwise it would lessen my respect for her. :D

So I haven't watched the episode yet, but will shortly. But judging from the article and the comments here, I'd say I'll agree with all of the above.

The reality is, is that a lot of Korean college students do not give a rat's butt about attending classes and once admitted, many students do not even come close to working hard as US college students in comparison.

On the other hand however, this is a national TV show, and I do agree that as a public figure and role model for many, why Nicole should be criticized IF she really does these actions.

This made me wonder about a couple of things:

1) What sort of image is Nicole showing as a Korean-American (the university has given her special consideration and did their best to accommodate some of her language difficulties) and how might this affect all of the disapproving viewers, especially in light of the Jaebum issue?

2) Did previous show candidates (Seo In Young and MC Mong) fall victim to this same path, i.e. skipping class or being tardy?

I don't mean to sound so serious, but yeah I can understand both sides of the controversy.

I might update this as soon as I finish with the show. :D

^^ i watched Inyoung's eps.. she was worse than nicole lol.

I watched the show and Nicole didn't drink, in fact her drink was a different than the others

Skipping school part and sleeping in class parts.. i really think it's b/c she hasn't be in a classroom setting since she arrived to Korea.. she wanted to do the show to get the FULL college experience and it seems like she's doing that.. also yes.. tons of things are scripted.. and Nicole's mindset is to have fun with her friends etc... Vet school wasn't her first choice so i think that plays a part too...but she's like 18 lol.. crazy at that time XD

Nicole's famous for being herself and if she wants to skip class and do all these things.. it's HER lesson to learn.. not for us to pass judgment.. she never portrayed herself as some perfect angel nor do I think the other members are too.. . anyways.. i hope she proves people wrong.. this is blown way out of proportion.

I understand Nicole who probably want to experience a normal college life. And I find the reactions a little too harsh just because she skips one class and went to a party. College isn't all about academic but you need to have a social life if you want to feel good.

Even so, I won't take Nicole side this time because she is a celebrity.As an idol she knows she is seen as a model so she should be careful about what people could say about her. I don't want her image to get worse and her to be hurt. Because the problem of idols is that they need to be clean if they want public love ! And more especially in a country like South Korea.

Ok, so I watched the episode and am still divided. With Kara gaining a lot of popularity, I still think Nicole should be more careful about how much attention Kara is getting and how viewers will watch their every move nowadays. You can't have your cake and eat it too, just saying. I also still think to some degree it was a bit disrespectful to the professor and the university.

I totally understand everyone's views on having a fun, normal college life too, so in another way I do agree that the viewers may be taking this too seriously, as it could be scripted to make it entertaining.

To be honest, the reason why I liked Kara so much was because of their personalities. The reason why I stopped being a SNSD fan was after I saw them in reality shows...so I truly hope that Kara doesn't disappoint me :(

Edited by djung803

I just finished watching ep4.

Anyone who has been into film production, can easily tell... it is scripted, period.

I'm not defending Nicole like I'm an obssesed fanboy or something.

And I don't have any rights to say anything about her skipping class or not, because I've been there done that a load more than she has by just skipping one class. I'm not saying she should continue doing it nor am I suggesting that ANYONE should do it, but the thing is.... this is blown out of propotion too much.

Yes she is an Idol, she has an image to keep and especially is a role model for the younger generation.

Is it the producers fault then? Perhaps.... I get what they're trying to do. From a business standpoint, that's the way to go... after-all, you can't deny that it is pretty amusing to see a celebrity skip class and doing whatever she/he (she, in this case) wants then after that criticize the heck out of her.

The producers really couldn't care less about what happens to the idols, all they care is the money in return.

I'm surprised that DSP allowed something like this to take place though.

In either case, because this is a "reality" show... people are going to talk about it for quite some time maybe.

And in the long run, may hurt Nicole's image.

On a side note, I had a very very small disliking feeling for Nicole in ep4.

Maybe it is just the attitude she's taking up in this show..... not saying I hate her or anything, just that I don't like the attitude she has in this episode.

I mean she just doesn't feel like the Nicole I know and love....

She just seems... different, from all the other reality shows she's been in. And especially with her other members....

I know an enviroment can change people, but it is just weird to see her this way.

Edited by SSJBen

meh, what student hasn't done any of this at least once. It'll only be a problem if she keeps doing it and it will only be Nicole that will suffer mostly. Viewers in my opinion need to lighten up a little. I mean sure its very important to study hard etc but would they even watch the show if all Nicole did was sit in the classroom or library all the time. I mean I can see why Nicole would think that this sort of thing would be something to be experienced at least once during student days even if it is just producers trying for ratings. Live and learn I say

But in any case...We don't want to see Nicole flunk out do we because if it continues, that will be what happens unfortunately. Nicole fighting!

She seems like a normal student to me. The story seems to be getting pushed out of proportion. But I do understand why some netizens said that, since Nicole is viewed as a Role model, when you're a role model, you're not supposed to do bad things, people look up to their role models..., But like everyone says, it's probably just scripted,sms.

this is why hate those netizens.. in my opinion

Nicole was just stressed because of her grades problem

caused by her not much knowledge of Korean,

and she have to stay awake until midnight

so i think thats stressful.

of course ive skipped classes too, i even

skipped school xp

anyway Nicole, dont worry you have

you Kara girls and us, Kamilia :determined:

i havnt actually watched the episode yet.. but i will later

anyway.. nicole was just skipping class.. i mean i and alot of people do that all the time

its nothing serious.. yes.. she is a celeb and has to be careful of what she does and says because she needs to be a good role model.. but she is just like any one of us she is not perfect and is still young.

i just hope people wont look at her differently and give her a bad image.

Personally I was disappointed at this 'bad, rebellious Nicole' that the magic of editting has decided to portray... with such emphasis on her "slacking off"... it seemed really apparent in the most recent episode.

During class the camera guys were all up in her face, constantly behind her and disturbing her... plus the seating arrangments, she was 'placed' next to guys that were decent looking and interested in her (and she knew they were interested too), how could she not enjoy that type of attention? she's 18 for crying out loud

As for Eunjung teaching her to skip, well we all do it, sure it's not recommended but considering the fact she isn't there for an actual degree means she has less on the line... nor does it imply she'll skip all the time now. Netizens need to stop jumping to conclusions. She attended the first half of class, that's already better than most... besides what good is it if she stayed, she wouldn't be able to learn in that type of setting - it's already hard not understanding the professor.

When she actually attends University, she'd be missing a whole lot more classes... as long as she can still pull off the grades, then people shouldn't judge so harshly.

This episode was a nice break though from all the stress and tears, she got to experience the social side of college and definitely gained some good memories out of it... being able to have fun like a regular person with a bunch of school friends.

Next week's ep is her first dissection, so hopefully they'll go back to focusing on the studying aspect of the show and allow her to prove the netizens wrong.