[2009.12.04] Bakery CEOs KARA: We hope it does well!

coffeebeanie

kraaaaa.jpg

20091203143640045161.jpg

Economic Idols KARA is going into business through Mnet's KARA Bakery.

On December 3, we met up with KARA at a certain building in Seoul, after they had filmed for their reality program. The building was still bare and empty, and the members of KARA have only two months to transform the place into their own bakery.

On this particular day, Nicole had another recording, and so it was the remaining members - Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara and Jiyoung who interviewed the applicants for a part-time job in their bakery. The 4 members, like a true CEO, was very particular in their questions, even asking older applicants without any hesitations.

After recording, Jiyoung said "We are all conscious about the time limit of our program. We shoot a lot, but we're disappointed that only a few scenes will be included because of the time constraints."

She continued "All of our members like bread, so we're having a lot of fun with the bakery. Since it is a bakery unique to us, we keep on thinking that we have to do our best. I hope it gets our through word of mouth so that we'll have more customers."

For the bakery, members Park Gyuri and Han Seungyeon took out a loan amounting to 70,000,000 Won.

Member Hara said "Since we have loaned money for it, we feel more responsible. We will work hard and make a good bakery so that we'll be able to make profit."

KARA Bakery is a Season 2 of the program Wonder Bakery which aired last year. Since popular groups have done similar things, it is natural that the two groups be compared.

But there is no need for comparison. Hara and Jiyoung were quick to point out that "In Wonder Bakery, the focus was about baking, while our program is about opening a bakery. So from there you can see that the concepts are different from each other." They added "Wonder Bakery did well last year, so I hope KARA Bakery does well too."

KARA also shared their plans for next year.

Hara said "This year was about making the people aware of the name KARA. Next year, we will be advancing into the Japanese market. Foreign fans can expect that we will be more active overseas next year."

Seungyeon added "Next year, we hope to spread the name KARA to more people. Instead of being viewed as stars who are no longer within reach, we want to be the comfortable KARA, who will be reaching out to the fans."

KARA Bakery airs every Wednesday at 6pm.

source: STAR MT LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT FULLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT CREDIT LINE

their closing statements tell us a lot of their activities next year? its good that they're branching out but i hope they wont stay out of Korea for too long.

i hope their bakery will do well too. since its they're loaning it under their names. o.o wont they have to repay the bank the amount they loaned? lol. i wonder if the bakery is really....officially theirs. even after the show ends. lol.

thanks for the translations tin!

At first I thought it was scripted? Since everyone said that the loan was scripted? But it seems like they really got the loaned from the bank. Or maybe it was scripted to make it really seem like that really did loaned it from the bank. Wow I'm so confused :D , I know Kara can do it! I don't really want Kara to leave to Japan yet. Can't they just like stay and make a comeback in korea, but also perform in Japan, >_<???? , Oh well, thanks for the info, :D ,sms.

Edited by GTR

Seungyeon added "Next year, we hope to spread the name KARA to more people. Instead of being viewed as stars who are no longer within reach, we want to be the comfortable KARA, who will be reaching out to the fans."

One of the main reasons why I love them.

They don't act all high and mighty when they have fame.

KARA!!!

One thing that just don't make sense to me though is how will the shop be managed after the show is over?

THeres only 8 episodes IINM....

And after that, they should be busy with their comeback promos, japan, even more variety shows and CF...

So who's gonna take care of the store? Hiring some other managers then?

Hara said "This year was about making the people aware of the name KARA. Next year, we will be advancing into the Japanese market. Foreign fans can expect that we will be more active overseas next year."

More active overseas.. Its really saddening I want new song and new album!! D;

reaching out to fans?? They should come visit us at karaholic cafe!!!! =P

Come to USA!!! :D

YESSS!!! go overseas to US!!!

They really put lot of effort in this show and bakery so that's why I really hope It will do well. The end of this article gives us an idea of what could happen next year but I wish them to not stay in Japan too long lol. I want a comeback for the first part of 2010 !

One thing that just don't make sense to me though is how will the shop be managed after the show is over?

THeres only 8 episodes IINM....

And after that, they should be busy with their comeback promos, japan, even more variety shows and CF...

So who's gonna take care of the store? Hiring some other managers then?

Maybe... maybe they'll sell it to get profit?

Then it's like, "oh here, we invested and this is how much it thrived." and then they can send another message to the viewers. -shrugs- :3

Hmm... they'll be a lot more active overseas next year? ._. Dear Kara, please have a korean comeback before you go overseas @_@. I mean they did record tracks, right? So they have to release those sometime...

KH might have to start hiring japanese translators hehe.

Maybe... maybe they'll sell it to get profit?

Then it's like, "oh here, we invested and this is how much it thrived." and then they can send another message to the viewers. -shrugs- :3

Hmm... they'll be a lot more active overseas next year? ._. Dear Kara, please have a korean comeback before you go overseas @_@. I mean they did record tracks, right? So they have to release those sometime...

KH might have to start hiring japanese translators hehe.

Sell to get profit?

That may sound like a plan.... but I don't know if that'll even work.

Put yourself in their shoes for a moment. If you open a shop and it goes well in 8 weeks, are you go going to sell it just because you're a celebrity?

I'd say they should just keep it, unless Mnet says.... SELL IT.