[2009.12.08] Getting to know Goo Hara

sweetcaramelism

34rbzer.jpg

"The 2nd Han Chae Young", "Barbie doll" are just two of the many nicknames that many have come to associate with 18 year old Goo Hara of Kara. All that came about thanks to her unusually big eyes and a face that's the size of a fist.

When you meet Goo Hara in person, the first sentence that you would want to say must be, "Wow, her face is really small." With a face that's the envy of many and a good figure, it's not wrong to say that she was born to be an entertainer. Among the Kara members, only Seungyeon can compete with Hara for the honor of having the smallest face.

Despite standing at 1.63m (5'4") and weighing in at 42kg, her waist is just 21.5".

With her good overall attributes, there's not much restrictions when it comes to styling her hair or attire. Kara's stylist Kim Kyung Ha commented, "No matter what style that she's in, Goo Hara always appears very coordinated in the end."

And there's something that links Hara's debut to fashion. Before becoming a DSP trainee, Hara was already a model for an online shopping mall. Thereafter, her modeling photos were uploaded onto DSP's website where she was scouted and became a trainee.

And the most striking feature must be her ultra thin waist which is practically fatless.

When asked if she was dissatisfied with any part of her body, Hara said, "I don't have any curves." Hara said that she envies fellow member, Kang Jiyoung's body which is also tall and has substance.

Besides that, Hara is also unhappy with her upper gum. Before debuting, DSP had advised her to correct her upper gum which would show when she smiles. But even the doctors were helpless as they revealed to Hara that it was something that would be difficult to fix. So Hara had to compromise and when she smiles, she can only do it gently or cup her mouth.

Goo Hara has a dream of becoming like her idol, Lee Hyori 10 years later. With Lee Hyori formerly from DSP, the both of them have met often in the past.

"Everything about Lee Hyori unnie is cool. Isn't she at the very top regardless of whether it's in singing, hosting or modeling? To maintain her position, she has to put in lots of effort which many don't really see. I also like her style which is vastly different from the rest."

When it comes to studies however, Hara admits that she isn't really a performer. Her best result is being placed 17th out of 45 people while her worst was being placed 38th. She said with a smile, "I am alright with my language and social studies modules. But when it comes to maths and science, I have problems and towards the end, I practically gave up on them."

Being the last to enter Kara, there were more or less some adjusting and shyness in the beginning. But she managed to overcome that with her bright and cheery personality. With so much success with Kara this year, there has been many invitations for Hara and at the moment, she has only 3-4 hours of sleeping time.

Although it's natural to assume that she would be the center of attention amongst guys because of her good looks, it was hard to imagine the words that she was going to say next, "I totally don't have any dating or love experiences."

sne72f.jpg

As for whether she was wooed by her fellow colleagues, she said, "I am not really interested in guys somehow. Would you believe me if I said that I only knew Kim Hyun Joong's oppa cellphone number just a week ago?"

She further stamped home the point by saying that she only has less than 10 male artistes numbers stored in her cellphone. Besides SS501, the other privileged 3 are 2AM's Jokwon, Super Junior's Shindong and 2PM's Wooyoung.

As a member of Kara who is tipped for a bright future, another ambition for Hara is to take on acting. She said, "I want to be like Jeon Do Yeon unnie, slowly and steadily accumulating experience and one day wow people with good acting skills."

for More Picture, go to AK

Credit: AK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...when she said that she has no curves I find it funny...

because I imagine how she says that in a cute way and at the same time funny...

but I think she has but not that much...

wow...I've never seen the first pic before...

soo pretty..

and her weist is only 21. 5...wow~

she's so thin...

and she's not interested in guys..

I'm also like that...I just feel I'm not comfortable or something..

thanks for sharing :D

First of all, thanks for the translation and sharing!

That's really informative and interesting!

Lol.... Not much of the "curves".

She's not that interested in guys like SNSD's maknae Seohyun? That's kinda uncommon.

Hope that she can make her dream to be an actress come true in near future! :D

Wow, so much stuff! She is so skinny! I though she'd weight more than that T_T Ah and I never

knew she was 5'4. So I guess that makes Ji young around 5'5-5'6? lol, no curves? Poor Hara, don't worry

you have the small waist the other members don't have. But do eat more :P She's adorable and perfect!

hara is Jjang!!

I don't thinks she don't have curve~

her body is daebak!!

anyway~ I can see another victim for nicole and hara's boys~

since hara only have 3 idol number it means one of them is the guy who make nicole broke heart~

hihi just curious~

Hara your gorgeous.

I would be so happy to have her body.

she does have vurves but not too much...just perfect.

im so jealous of her body. :P

She looks fine (:

@Dejiyoung

where did you get that picture.

Hara with the orange tee.??

i love it.

omg that picture on the left? o_o

I've never seen that before. What photoshoot was it for?

Besides that, Hara is also unhappy with her upper gum. Before debuting, DSP had advised her to correct her upper gum which would show when she smiles. But even the doctors were helpless as they revealed to Hara that it was something that would be difficult to fix. So Hara had to compromise and when she smiles, she can only do it gently or cup her mouth.
wait, what?? -______- Did DSP just "advise" hara to go through some kind of surgery? lskaldflskdf are you serious? haha. Wow. That's kind of depressing that Hara's smile bothered the company enough to the point where they asked her to fix it. I think she has an adorable smile D:

Hahha hara I'm bad at math, too T_T

And dang, no dating experiences? ngl, i'm surprised. haha.

^I'm glad she didn't do it! Gosh I love her curvy smile; it's one of her many charms <3

As a member of Kara who is tipped for a bright future, another ambition for Hara is to take on acting. She said, "I want to be like Jeon Do Yeon unnie, slowly and steadily accumulating experience and one day wow people with good acting skills."

Aww I want to see her go into acting! :eyelove: She'll make the most doll-like actress ever. We already saw a bit of her acting in "The Man Is Coming" and even though it's still amateur, her skills are promising. (:

Isn't that a picture of Namie Amuro? @_@

LOL Hara has Wooyoung's number! All HaYoung shippers REJOICE! :D

She further stamped home the point by saying that she only has less than 10 male artistes numbers stored in her cellphone. Besides SS501, the other privileged 3 are 2AM's Jokwon, Super Junior's Shindong and 2PM's Wooyoung. <-- so the love triangle must be among these 3 guys?

She further stamped home the point by saying that she only has less than 10 male artistes numbers stored in her cellphone. Besides SS501, the other privileged 3 are 2AM's Jokwon, Super Junior's Shindong and 2PM's Wooyoung. <-- so the love triangle must be among these 3 guys?

hey hey hey, wheres my name? put me in the list. it'll be a love square after that

Edited by gabriel