[2009.12.13] Kara dominating online games

thebuddybud

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer to do?

• Hire Kara part-timers
    • Play basketball as Kara
    • Run as Kara

1-3.jpg

Kara has taken their place as the best girl group for online games while turning into online game icons. They have appeared on the restaurant simulation game 'YoriJori' and followed by the basketball game 'Freestyle' and the running game 'Tales Runner', and have since been gathering attention.

What separates Kara from other celebrities modelling for games, is that they have become characters withing the game to meet gamers. NHN's 'YoriJori' allows gamers to employ them as part-timers, and JC entertainment's 'Freestyle' allows gamers to select them as basketball players. It is also planned to have Kara characters as runners in 'Tales Runner'.

The company the runs the online games has also significantly benefitted ever since 'Kara' has appeared on their games. They are so popular that in 'YoriJori', more than 1 million gamers have hired 'Kara' as part-timers. Nicole character has especially been selected by more than 500,000 gamers and has been given the nickname, the calculating genius. And ever since Kara has been added to 'Freestyle', the amount of visitors to the 'Freestyle' homepage has increased by 3 times. The 'Kara effect' can be clearly seen.

While preparing the Kara character update for 'Tales Runner', Nowcom is anticipating love from gamers towards Kara characters, who are given higher attributes than ordinary characters. Nowcom is also planning to add Kara's patented 'Butt dance' item in order to maximize the 'Kara effect'.

A rep has said "Because of Kara's bright and lively image, they really fit the casual game image" and "Especially female gamers who enjoys casual games has approved of Kara highly, so it seems that Kara is the number 1 choice as models for casual games".

trans by thebuddybud @ karaholic

source: http://www.dt.co.kr/contents.html?article_...302019972734001

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still dont get how their cat outfit are use to play basketball.. I think its their worse ads for games..

The tale runner suits very well.. I think there is an international server for that tale runner but dont know if Kara is also going to be implemented there.. I'll try to verify and check when i have time =)

ahh i really want to play... if only they didn't need those korean ID numbers :[

these game cfs definitely sound like a great move on kara's side, reinforcing their female fanbase in the gamer community too surprisingly... since the freestyle one was kinda aimed towards males especially, but love it :D

thanks for the translations!

I still dont get how their cat outfit are use to play basketball.. I think its their worse ads for games..

The tale runner suits very well.. I think there is an international server for that tale runner but dont know if Kara is also going to be implemented there.. I'll try to verify and check when i have time =)

Hahaha, yeah I don't really understand the cat outfit in Free Style as well, but to each their own.

I thought those cat outfits would've fit very well in some RPG or something along those lines.

I chose having Kara as part timers as well. Now if we could mix and match and have Kara as part timers in their cat outfits.

well... :)

hahaha, yeah my heart would skip a beat.

Kara effect, and items to enhance it. Brilliant.

Kara is making their marks in the game industry. Its rather cool, since many teenagers love to play games (like me :))

Besides, Kara receiving more endorsements will greatly boost their image as well. Making them more popular than ever!

Lol. I think Talesrunner fits my style of playing Kara characters too.

Seriously, Nicole is totally awesome. Haha.. She deserve the gaming queen title the most! :D

I hope Kara will receive more endorsements!

"Especially female gamers who enjoys casual games has approved of Kara highly, so it seems that Kara is the number 1 choice as models for casual games"

haha! female gamers adore Kara! well, who wouldn't? :P it's nice that they're making it in the game scene. since they had that Live Wannabe from 2007, these could be a nice follow up of that.

Jing was playing Yori Jori in Kara Bakery Ep1 when she and Hara went to the PC Cafe. :lol:

thanks for the translations jin!

wow!

with a testimony like that from the video game companies, i bet KARA will be flooded with more CF offers LOL

And i'm not surprised that nicole's character has been chosen by more than 500,000 gamers ...

I'd choose her too if i can play the game :lol:

I think KARA has a strong and large female fan base because of their colourful journey towards success ~ the hardships and challenges they had to endure etc..

As a female fan, i find it easier to relate, emphatise and support them than other girl groups ...

To me, they're more real, honest, dorky and have worked so hard to be what they are now ..

That's why we love them and will continue to support them all the way ...