[2009.12.14] Kara's Japan Fanmeeting Success!

joel.

2009121417414610021.jpg

Girl Group Kara has exceeded expectations in Japan.

It was announced that Kara are holding their Japanese showcase fanmeeting in Akasaka, Tokyo at a venue which seats 1400 people. Consequently the reactions of Japanese fans have been explosive. With tickets on sale for less than a week, for the 1400 seats available more than 3000 people (and counting) have registered. With the number of registrants steadily increasing to this day, Kara should be very pleased with themselves.

A PR stated "This is beyond all of our expectations, even we are astonished. We are currently in discussions over how to move forward."

This could possibly be a sign of Kara skyrocketing to fame in Japan. After well-known Japanese gagman Gegitan Hitori's continuous talks about Kara, the girl group has become quite a topic of conversation in the country. They even appeared through video on Japan's great idol group show, Arashi's homework.

Meanwhile Kara have said "Around January in the new year we will announce our new album and, initially, focus on Korean activities; our Japanese activities will need to be evaluated a little more closely before any are made definite."

Journalist: Kim Hyung-woo

source: Newsen

translated by joel.@KARAholic. CREDIT FULLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT CREDIT LINE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hoho! that's nice. maybe they can do it in a bigger place. They should totally invite Gegitan Hitori as a special guest or something. Afterall, he did helped promoting them on tv! Even before their actual debut in Japan.

Excited to hear of their album in January!

Thanks Joel for translating!

"Around January in the new year we will announce our new album and, initially, focus on Korean activities; our Japanese activities will need to be evaluated a little more closely before any are made definite."

It's great that they're not rushing! Think about it first, focus and take over Korea then Japan.

GO KARA!!! Fighting!

thanks for translating!!!

Edited by KaraNice

oh my god ! i thought it wouldn't even sell out cause of the price before... but wow... with that many people wanting to go... they could seriously get a better venue, or even have mutiple meet dates!! ahhh so excited, thank you for the translations!!

omo! omo!

thanks joel for this wonderful news! at the moment, i have a big smile plastered on my face

i'm so proud of our girls.. i knew that they'd do great in japan... but was quite surprised that the tickets

to their fan meet received such hot response!!

yeayyy!

they might hv to organise multiple dates or bigger avenue for the event. AND they must invite Hitori-san who

hv done a marvelous job of promoting them in japan.

i do hope they record the moment KARA actually meet him in person coz i hv a feeling that he's going to get all misty-eyed

and all LOL

KARA hwaitingggg!!

and yeahhh .. will look forward to their new album in january... :P

I was hoping they could get a full house but to have so many people gain interest looks really good.. DSP better work hard with this.. and yay KARA's album.. around the new year.. :)

thanks joel

hoho! that's nice. maybe they can do it in a bigger place. They should totally invite Gegitan Hitori as a special guest or something. Afterall, he did helped promoting them on tv! Even before their actual debut in Japan.

^^agreed!

He should be invited as a special guest (:

Anyways, wow. our girls...even though we are almost about the same

age..gosh, im so proud of them. Their hard work has paid off. Im still happy that they are still

themselves and not divas-like. (:

KARA JJANG!~

I'm so happy for the girls. This is really a great news. I'm glad that they're working hard in their next album in Korea. Without rushing, but I kinda of wanted to see soon a Japan debut.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news.

Edited by Nanda

Excited to hear of their album in January!

Thanks Joel for translating!

Gegitan Hitori? Totally agree with u Anne! I was thinking when he met with KARA..Maybe he will shocked then fainted..xD lol

Ahh..I can't wait for their new album..:) curious about the title song..