KARA Gets Covered / Featured

UnknownIdiot

I don't know if this is the correct section for this thread so feel free to move it if you like.

So I was just searching the net, downloading random music when I came upon a song by a Vietnamese artist by the name of Khoi My. As I was listening to the first few notes of the song I thought it sounded very familiar and what did you know, if was non other than a Viet version of one of KARA's songs. If you guys would like to search the song and guess what song it is I'll give you the title:

'Hey Boy' - Khoi My

After hearing the song, I couldn't help but feel proud of KARA for reaching such an audience in Asia that they are translating their songs in to actual singles for the artist in the country to perform. Imitation, or in this case translation, is the best form a flattery isn't it?... hahaha... So I decided to start this thread and see if any other KARA song has been translated in to another language that we have not heard about yet. Let's share.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i wonder if DSP knows about this.

lol. it would be interesting to find this story on the

Korean news. :D then maybe KARA can perform this song?

sigh. i'm aiming too high.

i also wonder if this song is official...as in does this artist have

it on her CD or something like that.

does anybody know?

wow so cooL!!! it feels funny when i listen to the vietnam version,hehehe.. im not used to hearing vietnamise language..

Yeah it also make me wonder if DSP know about this song.. We should make this a big deal to promote kara more! who knows the singer is a famous singer in vietnam?? ahahaha =P

I totally agree with u guys on thiss! maybe we can tip some of the reporters on allkpop or other kpop blogs to promote it?

I'd love to hear our girls perform this song and few more from the Revolution album. Seriously, there are some really wonderful songs there :D

I don't know whether anyone has post this .. a

It sounds quite good :)

Although i wish the Royal Pirates can perform rock versions of either Wanna or Mister like they did with SuJu's Sorry Sorry. RP is really good with rock cover versions .. LOL

it shows that KARA has actually lots of fans around the world especially in Asian countries :P

It's not a fan cover right. Like the artist officially released it? I wonder if they share the copyrights to it.

Same thoughts.. i mean it's cool but i wonder if it's legal.. cause it's obviously the exact song..hmm

Khoi My is a legitimate artist, I think she's fairly new though. Vietnamese artistes do these kinds of cover a lot when they first debut. They sing a few songs here and there to get their name out there. It sometimes takes them about a year or two before they actually officially release a full album, and even then the first few songs that they performed won't get included in the album. But I think the reason why they have the composer as unknown is because sometimes these Vietnamese artistes didn't get the proper copyrights to cover the song. They do it just because they wanted to. And with Khoi My doing this cover, I don't think she or the translator of the song really got the proper permission from DSP to translate or cover the song. But other than that I'm really happy to see KARA reaching out towards the rest of Asia.

I totally agree with u guys on thiss! maybe we can tip some of the reporters on allkpop or other kpop blogs to promote it?

I'd love to hear our girls perform this song and few more from the Revolution album. Seriously, there are some really wonderful songs there :D

I don't know whether anyone has post this .. a

It sounds quite good :)

Although i wish the Royal Pirates can perform rock versions of either Wanna or Mister like they did with SuJu's Sorry Sorry. RP is really good with rock cover versions .. LOL

it shows that KARA has actually lots of fans around the world especially in Asian countries :D

wow they made another KARA cover?!

they covered Pretty Girl,Rock U& Honey already.

can't find those videos on youtube since they were removed though.

copyrights stuff. but it's so cool (:

OMG! A singer from Vietnam covers Kara! ^^ That's so coolll! Well actually, a lot of Viet fans are Kara fans. ^^ Yeah...I kinda wonder if they asked DSP if the Viet singer could cover it ._. Oh well. The Kara version is adorable and amazing. The Viet version is cute~.

THIS IS SO COOL! I CAN UNDERSTAND THE VIETNAMESE VERSION! xD

• 1 month later...

I know KARA has made cameos and their songs have also been featured in numerous dramas and movies, I just wanted to compile a list so maybe the rest of us who missed it can search for it to check it out. I'm not talking about them singing for an OST, I'm talking about their own song being featured during the actual movie or drama during the background of a scene.

I was watching a movie and load and behold I hear a familiar song in the background. It was none other than KARA's own "Pretty Girl". It was featured in the movie "40 Minute Detective" or "4th Period Mystery" or something of that title. If you watch the first ten or twelve minutes of the movie you'll hear it.

Any other ones we should know about?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...