[2009.12.31] Nicole was lonely in Korea

sweetcaramelism

2z7jyol.jpg

Nicole of Kara talked about how hard it was for her to adjust to Korea when she moved there from Los Angeles. On an episode of Mnet Nicole the Entertainer's Introduction to Veterinary Science, she started to tear up talking about the hard experience.

While playing a game with her celebrity look-alike friends, she lost and they made her talk about the hardest time in her life.

Check it:

Nicole : ''I was born and raised in America and when I first came to Korea, the differences were so huge I didn't even contact my old friends. I went to one of my American friend's online networking page and the friend looked so happy in their picture with their friends. I was thinking about how I was all alone and it was so hard for me to cope with that. I met some really great friends in Korea but but until then, I had no one to enjoy happiness nor sadness with except for my family.''

She's definitely a busy girl these days. She had to get ready for all the year-end shows and study hard for her final exam in college. But her busy schedule is probably not as bad as what she went through when she first came to Korea.

Cre: Allkpop

Oh lol,.. dont be sad nicole,.. :D

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICOLE!! Don't cry!! I might cry too! :teary:

It's alright now because you have college friends

and group members :D

edit: and its kindof funny how you guys named her friends the celebrity-look-alike-friends.

Edited by nerdxissa

Glad she revealed some of her past.. she wasn't so open before.. and I think people tend forget that her struggle was a bit different than the other members... she's not always happy as well.. But being the social person she is... it'd be hard to come to Korea and have no friends.. though that's not a issue for her anymore. GyulHamCole seem to be more comfortable talking about their pasts finally XD..

i never thought that nicole would feel lonely after coming to korea. ahh dont worry nicole, i know how it feels, i have similar experiences too. but you still have ur family, ur band members in KARA and of course us fans who are always supporting you and the rest of KARA!! so cheer up, you have been doing great, you're the most popular member in KARA~~~

It must have been really hard for Nicole to move to Korea with her mom and not have any friends to be with.

I'm happy that she can look back at it and reflect.

Moving into another country where she had to learn the whole new language must have been so hard.

Now, Nicole has her family still with her of course and now Kamailia, her Kara members and all her friends.

Nicole Fighting!!! :eyelove:

Just saw this article on AllKpop~

T.T So sad.. I understand how she feels. It's really a lousy feeling being lonely.

BUT NICOLE YOU GOT YOUR MEMBERS AND FANS!!!!!

CHEERUP! :eyelove:

Edited by alvinlyt

Can't imagine how sad it was only having to share experiences with just yur family when yur so used to having friends around. I'm glad that she made some new friends though and that she can make ALOT of memories to make up for the time she felt alone.

I agree with mae, compared to the other members, Nicole has always been a bit reluctant to reveal her life before KARA. Her disposition is always cheery and outgoing ~ the moodmaker in any ocassion.

But i've always seen her as a real sensitive and considerate individual ...

being happy and strong for others while all the while, keeping her own problems in check and out of sight from others.

She's gone through so many obstacles and emotional challenges to be a success in Korea ..

but worry not, all the hardships in life are God's way of making us stronger and resilient.

The success that comes after such pain tastes much sweeter, right?

Anyway, I'm happy that Nicole's work has paid off.. IMHO, she's one of the few artists that are 'real' and genuinely liked.

She may not be as pretty as Hara or beautiful as our Godess, but her wonderful personality and honesty have turned many people into loyal fans .. including myself!

always for me ... Nnicole jjang!! :eyelove: (i feel like crying too .... :eyelove: