[2010.01.05] Kara explosive reaction in Japan 'Another fanmeeting thanks to large sales of the first one'

thebuddybud

imih5x.jpg

pic unrelated

Japan's reaction towards Kara exceeded expectations.

In February, Kara will have their showcase and fanmeeting in Tokyo Akasaka with 1400 seats. Initially, only one performance was scheduled, but with overflowing participants and sales, they have eventually decided to add another performance, so they will open 2 fanmeeting showcases.

In this fanmeeting showcase, they have opened ticket sales through a website and have received participants mostly composed of Kara fans. Despite only having 1400 seats, 3000 people have participated, leaving Kara representatives surprised, but NOT ONLY THAT, as soon as the ticket sales opened, the tickets sold out immediately. After much consideration, they have decided to add one more performance.

One rep said "The reaction in Japan largely exceeded our expectations that even we're surprised."

Kara's popularity in Japan is currently zooming. Famous Japanese comedian Gekidan Hitori has shown his fanboyism towards Kara and that has gained large attention. Kara even got to participate in a video on a show hosted by Japans greatest idol group, "Arashi's Homework".

Kara's side said "We will reveal a new album in January and promote in Korea first" and "We will have to consider more before deciding to go into Japanese activities".

source http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201001050851011002

translated by thebuddybud @ karaholic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for translating jin

Kara's side said "We will reveal a new album in January and promote in Korea first" and "We will have to consider more before deciding to go into Japanese activities".

wow album coming out soon woootttttt

but NOT ONLY THAT, as soon as the ticket sales opened, the tickets sold out immediately.

hahaha as expected of our girls

anyways great to see kara getting famous in japan

"We will reveal a new album in January and promote in Korea first"

omg. yay. so that means they are probably going to start their activities by mid-jan?

I hope they just get to go to Japan for few concerts or like they did when they went

to Thailand...for now that is.

Kara is getting even more know (x

so excited and sooooooo happy for them~!

KARA JJANG!!!~

((thanks for the translation))

Woah another awesome ticket sale in japan =O

They are really popular over there.. This might be somehow bad and good for the same time.. bad because more chance of kara to stay longer in japan if they start promoting over there.... =X

Anyway new album in january!! hehehehee.. Well if they still want kara to stay in korea then the opinion about DSP going to ditch KARA for Rainbow is not right =)

Yea I think they've said it before a couple weeks ago that their new album is coming in January.

But who knows when in January... :lol:

Awesome for them to go to Japan, I know they're going to be even more well received after this fan-meeting performance too.

카라 짱!!

It's great to see how excited they are for KARA.. honestly, this is incentive for DSP to have KARA go promote over there..they will be making a nice profit for 2 shows XD..

I hope DSP keeps their word about the album, we should be hearing news soon if it's true.

thanks jin.

hehe, well, we r expecting to see the first Korean girl band blooming in Japan, isn't it ? I really have so much faith in their success in Japan. And, yeah, another album before going to japan sounds nice for me, hope we will see the teaser soon. They will again get some hot competition, I think that Big bang is coming back, snsd too...don't know who else, and some new debut artists. Wow, but I believe in their growing success will continue in 2010...so Fighting!

tickets are sold out immediately?!?!?!?! LOL this reminds me of what happened to SNSD's concert (which was sold out in about 3 minutes).

YAY I'M SO HAPPY!!!!! AND WHAT'S MORE KARA'S BACK THIS JANUARY!!!!!!!~~~~~ ^^

oh gosh i'm really ecstatic but i'm quite worried about the competition. a few new groups are debuting this jan, including F.cuz, which have been getting quite a lot of attention for a group that hasnt even debuted. promotions are bound to clash and i'm not too sure if this is a good idea. and in any case, RUMOURS ARE THAT SNSD ARE RELEASING THEIR THIRD MINI-ALBUM IN JANUARY. if these rumours are true, kara's in big trouble. not that i have 0 confidence in our girls, but kara really cannot afford to take snsd head-on YET. one day they'll be able to do so (for sure), but not now so i'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

i'm really pleased about their attention in japan, though. it really surprised me!!!! tickets, sold out immediately???? this DOES show SOMETHING - i feel very glad for kara!!!! i think kara DOES stand a pretty good chance to do well in japan!!!!!! KARA FTW!!~~~

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

new album in january!

YESSS!!

sold out tickets in japan!

YESSS!

it will be a good year for our girls!! yeayyy!!

it'll be tough competing against SNSD, new groups and other groups who r making a comeback... true!

but with their Bakery show, more CFs and more tv show guestings, I believe KARA's fanbase has grown quite extensively the past year.

So don't worry, they'll be fine! We just hv to show the world that KARA deserved to be loved! :D

Thanks for sharing the good news!

I can't believe their popularity in Jpan! This is too good to be ture!

Yeah, DSP better keep their words and really realese Kara's new album this month!

It seems that Japan really like our KARA lol. And I am glad to see that they want our girls there.

But the most exciting thing is the album this month !

Well...I don't know if It would better to comeback after Japan because I'm afraid they stop promoting in Korea for Japan. Hope this comeback will be so big and makes DSP want to keep our girls in Korea for a moment again lol.

In the same time, since KARA populary has risen so much with all CFs and shows, It's a good timing to comeback.

Edited by Solin

wow...

@ MIKee yeah I agree..cos most of the SME releases their

albums here...

they totally jjang!!!

Despite only having 1400 seats, 3000 people have participated and

as soon as the ticket sales opened, the tickets sold out immediately!

thanks to Gekidan Hitori...

they are gaining more popularity and success :D

I'm happy because they will focus first on korea...I'm excited about their next album...

thanks for sharing..

DSP better give us one heck of a great comeback cause a lot of artists, and SNSD is rumored to comeback in january too.

I want KARA to succeed for this comeback as well. Hopefully, they get more love from fans.

KARA fighting! I'm so happy that they're getting love from Japan too.

I honestly want KARA to stay a bit longer in Korea...debut in Japan next year?

Or if they can, they should do promotions for both Korea and Japan.

I don't want them to be absent from Korea for so long.

New Album?? WoW!!!!

Sold out tickets? WoW!!!!

I'm happy for them! Can't wait for the new album and i look forward for their showcase in Japan!

Kara is going to great in Japan!

Go girls!

@karanice: I wish for their comeback to be great too!

YAY! New album in January! ^^ I think it will be mini album..I hope DSP will not delay about this album release..-.- I'm so curious..

Wohooo..They're so popular in Japan! It's so nice..(: they must thanks to Gekidan Hitori..But I hope they don't stay too long in Japan, I want they gain more fans in Korea..More and more..

Thanks for translation Jin (: