[2010.01.06] KARA Goo Hara admits having minor surgery "I just did my eyes, nose and teeth"

YoonRa

her surgeries were minor and it doesn't matter if she wanted to get her teeth or whatever done, as long as she's still the same lovable Hara we all know and love I'm okay with it. She really is brave to tell everyone had some sort of surgery. It's how I felt with Uee. Props to both of them to have the courage to be honest.

Their "changes" are not even that drastic. I don't see why people *cough*stupidnetizens*cough* have to be against it so much. And sometimes I can kinda understand why some of the celebrities consider fixing their little flaws, even by means of plastic surgery. There will always be those netizens who point out whatever flaws they can find on any celebrity and degrade them just because of something they're born with, it's not their fault. That alone can be enough pressure to consider plastic surgery; it makes me feel sorry for celebrities like that.

There will always be criticism towards idols and celebrities, it's just the way the industry is. But if they're able to stay strong through it all, they're very admirable and strong mentally. Hara is that kind of person, only so much more :wub:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just what I think so please don't hate on me.

I love Hara and I don't care about surgery.

But I just think that she didn't make a smart move.

Why did she have to admit that now?

Does DSP know? I bet they don't cause they wouldn't allow her.

And Hara is a little too brave sometimes.

KARA is boosting in popularity and the last thing we need are more criticisms and antis.

Right now the netizens are making a big fuzz about it and yes, some are being harsh on her.

It's great to be honest but AT THE RIGHT TIME.

Usually idol groups reveal about this stuff when they're no longer active.

But Hara is currently at the height of her career.

She doesn't need to say that.

We want this year to be a great for KARA so I hope this won't affect their image and standing amongst girl groups.

I'm disappointed not because she had surgery but because she probably didn't think about how some will react about it.

But since it's done, I'LL SUPPORT YOU HARA!

Edited by joyfulkara

Now that I've thought about it..

plastic surgery is plastic surgery yes

but

I think in this situation, with the whole minor thing, I feel like it came less from a serious insecurity about her looks (which is what people tend to criticize about plastic surgery) and more from just wanting to marginally make her appearance better.

Almost in the same vein as getting hair dyed, ears pierced, wearing makeup, and whatnot.

Almost, but not quite, as plastic surgery is still plastic surgery yeah

but in this case..its a bit less…idunno..offensive?

And if you really think about it conceptually plastic surgery actually isn’t that different from just wearing heavy makeup wherever you go..but..thats a different conversation entirely.

Edited by b unit

lol ever since i looked at some pre-debut pics taken years ago, i suspected hara of having plastic surgery. but since KARA is supposed to have a "pretty but natural" appeal, i told myself that hara was still a natural.

but now the truth is out!!! haha personally i always had the feeling hara MUST had a bit of plastic surgery and anyway it was just one jab for the eyes so let us just be thankful that hara only had minor plastic surgery and NOT major plastic surgery. if she had major plastic surgery i wont even know whether i'm still hara's fan (hara's NOT kara's - get this right) although i'll probably still have hara as my fave kara member.

but i think it is also about time that hara revealed that she had plastic surgery. there were so many rumors, pics and stuff going on round the net and i'm very glad hara finally showed up and tell us the truth!!!! and anyway there's no way keeping quiet forever - someone will find out one day so it's better to be honest and reveal the truth to us yourself RIGHT NOW so that no idiotic bashing will take place ^^

Well, it's common for artiste in Korea to go under the knife.. but I'm still kinda surprised...

She looks sweet when she were young. Now she's pretty, I'm not saying that it's great that she went for surgery..

But I'm not against it either.. We still love her!

I think its very brave of her to admit it :D And we love her not just because of her face so this does not really matter. And i'm happy that this confession will stop people from doubting her that that she's not a real. She is almost!

Thanks for sharing :) Hara Jjang!

I love her for being brave about this. but she still looks like same to me.

if i was her i would have made my teeth straight too.

and make double eyelids more obvious.

in korea, mirror surgery = nothing.

major surgrey = something.

and to koreans, hara's surgery is nothing.

wow..im so surprise..its so unexpected...

but im glad that Hara tells the truth to everyone..

i agree with what monkee said..its always misleading..

Gosh..im gonna do plastic surgery on my teeth too..LOL

I think its perfectly fine for me.

One need to take courage in order to confess up in a broadcast television programme

Hara Jjang! We still love you no matter what :D

Hara is so honest. Haha.. I think most celebrities do their faces for a better look and there is nothing wrong with that. As long as it isn't so drastic that it becomes two different person, i think it is fine.

Bracers isn't part of plastic surgery anyway.. It is a most common thing anyone would do.

Hara looks almost the same as before. Still a beauty to me <3

Thanks for sharing!

Ahaha it's ok. she just became more beautiful.

They say that if your ugly its not your fault, but if you have money and your still ugly its your fault.

I'm not saying that Hara Noona is ugly... For me its will all depend on a person's perspective.

For mw its ok, if that what makes her happy and if it will have a positive outcome why not?

I was quite surprised by this news because I find that HARA hasn't really much changed since her childhood. Even if It was for really minor surgeries, It was brave from her to admit it in public and I am proud of her in a way ! I don't care about such things because I think that if people want to be prettier so It's their choice and if they are happy so Its ok. We don't have the right to blame someone for doing plastic surgery in order to feel better. So no matter what, I will continue to love our Hara and to support her ! And I'm sure most of korean celebrities has done some plastic surgeries lol.

Edited by Solin

I totally think the eye-thing is unnecessary, especially when she already had double eye lids. I actually always believed her to be all-natural until this article. This still doesn't change my views on her though! She has a great personality, and good looks on the outside is just an added 'bonus'. imo. :thumbup1:

i dont get why people look at plastic surgery as this type of monster! when really deep deep down most of these people if they had the money would probably undergo plastic surgery themselves in one way or another. i dont see whats so wrong in wanting to look/feel pretty.

wow.... so brave of her..

actually i didn't know the methods of those things called plastic surgery.. but i think she's so honest.

it's better to admit that you do something to your face and people call you pretty than you just sit still and say that you didn't do anything ><

Actually I think that she hasn't changed so much... To fix your teeth for me is not plastic surgery...

So she did have a injection in her nose and fixed her eyes. I think it all was unnessary 'cause she looked as good before as she does now. I don't like when people do surgery but I guess that she didn't do much.

I think she's brave for admitting doing minor surgery