[2010.01.06] KARA Goo Hara admits having minor surgery "I just did my eyes, nose and teeth"

YoonRa

I was surprised, but more about Hara being openly talk about it, and i think its a brave & honest move. Its just a little retouched anyway, her face didn't changed that much, the only difference i already noticed even be4 her confession is her teeth (from Rock U to Honey period). Still love her anyway, Hara fighting!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wll, it's pretty normal for korean artist to go through plastic surgery. ( : I am happy that actually hara owns up.. (: she will still be my KARA no matter what.. (:

How is fixing her teeth consider "plastic" surgery? xD I always thought her smile was different from Rock U days, but I figured it was just because of either ventures or braces. Honestly, the title makes it sound like she fixed her whole face when she barely did anything that's really considered surgery!!

The title was shocking!!!

but after I actually read it, it turned out not that bad :D

I do not think that fixing your teeth is considered to be plastic surgery LOL, tons of ppl fixed their teeth due to cavity, unfortunate accidents....

and nose filter is not a plastic surgery either, cuz it does not make you look more beautiful, it just help to improve your health :)

well, she admitted to fix her eyes, but did not say specifically what she did to fix it. If she already has double eyelids and big eyes, I cannot think of any thing else for her to fix LOL. maybe she just have surgery to improve her vision :(

no matter what, she is a brave girl to talk about this kind of things on TV. love her even more <3

Go Go Goo Hara. Kara hwaiting!

I'm so proud of her for being honest like that... She's my G7 fave rank #3 after Sunny & Yuri... ^^

it's okay Hara Goo... we still love you whatever you said... and even if you confess that you are an alien... LOL

It is good to know but at the end of the day this doesn't have a negative effect for me as a Kara fan. I still enjoy their music and that won't change anytime soon

ah i'm a bit disappointed to read this but honesty is always something really important

i think plastic surgery is just too widely accepted and accessible in korea, and it's unfortunate to have people out there who are made to think that the face they've been given is not good enough for the world and that they need to fix it.

i don't like the title that they ALWAYS use for

the article is always misleading. sigh. same thing with taeyeon and so on.

it's only the teeth. she had her teeth fixed and that's considered 'plastic surgery'.

gosh, i've fixed my teeth too.

She said she did her eyes and little bit with her nose too.

The teeth one doesn't count cuz they were just braces.

I respect Hara so much.

She's brave enough to say that she did, compared to most people wouldn't say a thing.

I mean being a girl it's hard always have to deal with judgments of others about how you look.

I mean the teeth is understandable, a lot of people fix their teeth.

The nose wasn't that bad, just an injection, it didn't change her complete face.

The eyes, she said she had double eyelids since she was little.

But at least she didn't get double eyelid surgery, they just fixed it a little.

Nonetheless, I love her for her, her lovable dorky personality shines in variety

I don't care if she did surgery, she's beautiful to me. <3

She said she did her eyes and little bit with her nose too.

The teeth one doesn't count cuz they were just braces.

but the nose was just a filler.

she didn't go throught the whole knife.

just an injection was done.

regardless, nothing that big.

still looks the same.

sigh her minihomphy has lots of comments now.

some are harsh. -__________-

HARA FTW! KARA FTW!

KAMILIA stands behind you (:

Wait, WHAT? I don't really give a crap about whether she did plastic surgery or not, b/c I love her for her personality, but... she looks like she hasn't gotten anything done. Mmm so this makes me give a double-take at all the stars I think are "natural" rn haha.

but she did her teeth? In another article didn't she say she was self-conscious about her teeth b/c her manager wanted her to get them done but she didn't? :/

I want to know how much of this was exaggerated lool.

Strong heart is pretty good at blowing things out of proportion.

Props to Hara for admitting she underwent surgery when most don't. I actually don't see much of a difference between her photo from before and the current Hara. I feel kinda sad though that Hara felt she wasn't beautiful when she really is. I don't believe plastic surgery is necessarily bad, but having to resort to it does depress me, like a movie I watched (300 pound beauty).

Still though, Hara is still Hara. She didn't change her personality that I know of, and is still the loveable Hara we've come to know. I hope she comes to accept herself now and before, because she still has her fans backing her up like me! :)

I think the title is too extreme. With the two pictures provided, I see a little bit of difference, not a lot. She still looks the same to me. At least she didn;t change her entire face. Brave of Hara to reveal that, it makes me love her even more. I don;t care if she did it or not, she;s still going to be the beautiful Hara everybody knows. Strong Heart can really exaggerate things a lot.

We don;t care if you did plastic surgery or not, Hara. We all love you no matter how you look.

Well since she's said it herself now, then I don't want to hide it in me any longer either.

I've been watching pretty much all of Kara's older vids (from the Rock U days especially) and I know that Hara did something to her face prior to Revolution.

I know she did her teeth and eyes a little.

But this is props to her for coming out and confirming it.

Shows she doesn't need to hide anything, just a genuine person.

And that brings me to next point.

Its not about plastic getting you pretty, but its more about the person's true personality and heart.

If that doesn't change, I don't see what's wrong with plastic.

With that said, Hara only really did her teeth.

She looks like..the same though. o.O

We should get some comparison pics in this thread besides the first one? Because I don't see that much of a difference :P

20090113_hara_before.jpg

20090113_hara_after.jpg

2010010600075411101.jpg

hmm..

okay I guess if you're REALYL REALLY looking I guess it seems like the nose is ever so slightly pointier, though its hard to tell at that angle.

And, her double eyelids are more noticeable? Then again lots of stars look really different sans make up...

Haha its funny how she admitted this and yet its still so hard to see -_-

Edited by b unit

I agree, it takes a lot of courage to admit something like that.

In general, plastic surgery shouldn't be looked down upon but instead appreciated.

It helps a person feel more comfortable with his/herself and there's not many other things more important than liking yourself more.

If a person really does have to change his/her appearance, I say go for it.

Well, that's just my opinion (then again, I want to be a plastic surgeon so I want as many patients as possible lol j/k).

Hara's really naturally pretty either way.

fillers almost dont count since its just an injection to make the original nose look better. Almost like dying ur hair another colour to make it look better?

teeth surgery is normal, who doesn't do it nowadays..

eyes.. her eyes does look abit bigger and more lively compared to older pics.

But aww~ she's still pretty. like going from a 9.5 to a 10..