[2008.10.18] Second half of the year's "Girl Group Battle" - An interesting way to look at it

tinggg

하반기 '걸그룹 대전'을 재밌게 보는 방법

기사입력 2008-10-18 14:00 박건욱 kun1112@asiaeconomy.co.kr

[아 시아경제신문 박건욱 기자]원더걸스, 브라운아이드걸스, 씨야 등 걸그룹들의 치열한 대결이 펼쳐지고 있는 가운데 소녀시대와 카라가 각각 10월과 11월에 컴백할 예정이어서 가요계는 유례없는 다섯 걸그룹간의 경쟁구도를 형성할 것으로 보인다.

m169312837.jpg

# 소녀시대-카라, SES-핑클 구도 재현할까?

데뷔 후 귀엽고 깜찍한 소녀의 이미지로 꾸준한 사랑을 받아온 소녀시대와 카라가 각각 이달 말과 11월 중순에 컴백 할 예정이다. 비슷한 시기에 가요계로 복귀하는 이들은 과거 라이벌 구도를 형성했던 SES(SM엔터테인먼트)와 핑클(DSP 엔터테인먼트)에 소속된 가수라는 점과 비슷한 콘셉트를 가진 걸그룹이라는 점에서 라이벌 구도를 형성하고 있다.

현재 인기나 인지도는 소녀시대가 우위에 있는 상황. 하지만 소녀시대가 잠시 휴식기를 거치는 동안 카라는 활발한 활동으로 자신들의 이름을 알리는데 성공했다.

소 녀시대는 지난 2007년 깜찍하고 발랄한 콘셉트로 가요계에 데뷔해 '키싱 유(Kissing You)', '베이비 베이비(Baby Baby)', '다시 만난 세계' 등을 히트 시키며 어린 팬들은 물론, 중장년 팬층을 확보했다. 그간 공식적인 활동을 하지 않았다고 해도 각각의 멤버들이 활발한 개인활동을 선보이기도 했다.

소녀시대의 새 콘셉트에 대해 정확히 알려진 바는 없지만 소속사의 한 관계자는 "기존의 '소녀'라는 기본적인 콘셉트에서 크게 벗어나지 않는 범위에서 또다른 모습을 보여 줄 것"이라고 말했다.

카 라는 깜찍 발랄한 느낌의 곡 '록 유'로 상반기 가요계 하나의 이슈로 떠올랐다. 특히 카라는 자신들과 연령대가 비슷한 중고등학생들의 전폭적인 지지를 받고 있어 '굿데이 시즌2'의 인기는 '록 유'를 뛰어넘을 것이라는 의견이 지배적이다.

카 라 소속사측은 "컴백시기가 비슷한 만큼 소녀시대와 부딪치는 상황을 피할 수는 없을 것"이라며 "부딪쳐봐야 알겠지만 나름대로 열심히 준비했기 때문에 팬들의 반응이 좋지 않을까 생각한다"고 소녀시대와의 대결에 조심스레 자신감을 표했다.

카라와 소녀시대의 라이벌 구도 전망에 대해 음반관계자인 강태규씨는 "90년대 말 SES와 핑클의 여성그룹 라이벌 관계가 팬들의 이슈가 된 것처럼 이 같은 대결 구도를 통한 경쟁도 여성그룹의 롱런에 필요한 전제요건이 될 수 있다"고 전망했다.

또 카라를 앞세워 과거 핑클의 영광을 재현하겠다는 DSP엔터테인먼트의 각오 역시 남다르다. 카라의 한 관계자는 "카라가 올 상반기 인기몰이에 성공하면서 그 가능성은 어느 때보다 커졌다"며 기대감을 내비치기도 했다.

In the girl group battle between Wonder Girls, Brown Eyed Girls, Seeya, arrives more challengers, SNSD and Kara, each coming back in October or November, which forms a never-before seen competition between five girl groups.

# SNSD-Kara, SES-Fin.K.L reappearing?

After debuting, through the cute girl image that's been receiving a lot of love, SNSD and Kara both will have their comeback in Mid-November. This brings back a similar time in Kpop history when SES (SM Entertainment) and Fin.K.L (DSP Entertainment) had their rivalry.

Currently the popularity of SNSD has already proved their status. However, during SNSD's break, Kara has made a name for themselves and have had their own successful activities.

Through SNSD's cute and lively concept, they debuted in 2007 with hits such as "Kissing You", "Baby Baby", "Into the New World", securing a young fan base. While the group wasn't officially promoting, each of the members had their own activities going on.

Although SNSD's new concept is not officially known, the company mentioned that although it won't diverge too much from the original, there will be a new image to be shown to everyone.

Kara's cute and lively song "Rock U" created a buzz in the music industry. Especially with Kara's confidence has caused them to receive support in a wide range of ages from junior high to high school.

Good Day Season 2's popularity make leap over Rock U and help them dominate.

Kara's company says that it was impossible to avoid coinciding with the comeback of SNSD.

They know they're butting heads, so although the girls have been working very hard to prepare, they're worried the fans will not respond favorably. Thus they will approach this confrontation with SNSD very carefully.

Kara and SNSD's confrontation will be what recording person Kang Tae Gyu prospects to be "like the late 90's era of SES and Fin.K.L rivalry, this is competition that is necessary for the girl groups in the long-run."

Kara will attempt to recreate DSP's past glory of Fin.K.L. "Kara's increasing popularity is showing their success thus far, and if it keeps getting greater, then be ready to expect great things from them."

Credits: AsiaEconomy, tinggg, mae

Article was cut for only parts related to Kara. If you're interested in the full Korean article, please go to http://www.asiaeconomy.co.kr/uhtml/read.js...section2=S2N603

Thank you Tingg onni for the translations...XD

Both groups returning in mid-November...

Go Kara!!! Wohoo!!!

Fighting!!!

Show them what you got, we believe you can do it...

Kamilia will always be behind you ^^ ...

Can't wait for their comeback...XD

And I'm ready I'm ready...XD

Kara Hwaiting!!!

Eeks, I hope the girls' promotion goes smoothly and that their comeback will be a huge success!! I know they're very capable of improving~

DSP don't screw up this time!!

Now that Kara has gained recognition through Rock U, they need another great comeback to become super popular :D

Thank for the translation !

November will be a very interesting month

I hope DSP will be more careful of their promotion

'cause It's SNSD that KARA must compete with.

KARA, work hard and show everyone who you are

I will always be with here by your side !

Kara's company says that it was impossible to avoid coinciding with the comeback of SNSD.

They know they're butting heads, so although the girls have been working very hard to prepare, they're worried the fans will not respond favorably. Thus they will approach this confrontation with SNSD very carefully.

Kara and SNSD's confrontation will be what recording person Kang Tae Gyu prospects to be "like the late 90's era of SES and Fin.K.L rivalry, this is competition that is necessary for the girl groups in the long-run."

Kara will attempt to recreate DSP's past glory of Fin.K.L. "Kara's increasing popularity is showing their success thus far, and if it keeps getting greater, then be ready to expect great things from them."

Credits: AsiaEconomy, tinggg, mae

DSP is so honest :tongue:.. they knew what KARA had to go up against but it's happening so all the girls can do is prepare...

I don't know if the girls are just being cautious but they always worry/question Kamilia's loyalty :)

of course a true Kamilian would stay even if they are a fan of SNSD.. i'm sure people can pay attention to both groups :P..they worry too much but i guess it keeps them aware...

we'll see what happens.. i'm excited too!!

thanks tinggg :)

thanks for sharing and translating...

cool! SNSD-SES vs. KARA-FINKL? aigoo! I can't wait for both comebacks, I'm a big fan of those 2..

FIGHTING!

p.s. Good Day Season 2 rockz!!!!!!

I hate to put KARA in any competition with other girl groups, but yeah, the thing is unavoidable. I bet we'll see such headings of the battle everywhere around that time they come back :lol: hmm it will be tough dont you think? SM Marketing department is amazing LOL this matter means half of any success in this industry. Promotion for Rock You was better than for the first album, but I still want it to have been pushed moreeeee. DSP, work hard!!

I have faith in Korean Kamilia, I mean the ones who have always been there even before the mini album hehe~

Good Day Season 2 is mentioned so much in recent articles, omg, I never thought it could be this effective :thumbup:

Thanks Tinggg!!!

ohmygosh. i havent been on for a WHOLE DAY

and i missed so much!

kara is finally IN competition!

and sortah kinda like "representing" DSP

i feel so happy :]

i didnt know goodday season2 is doing so well!

wahh! this is so exciting! 2008-2009 is really gonna be kara's year to shine!

wow. <3

right now:

allkpop should eat their mouths and take back what they said about SS501 DSP's ONLY Hope. ^^

ahem lots of people should "eat their mouths" haha..

including a certain person who's blog is read by lots of people :lol:

so many people doubted this new KARA and STILL do :lol:..

KARA is becoming one of DSP's successes..

omo.. look how they moved up from one level to the next :)...and managed to differentiate themselves

and they'll just keep improving and sooner or later they'll get rewarded like they deserve to be :D

Thanks for translating :wub: Well, duh, that's what the music industry about. "SHOW BIZ"! I just hope DSP doesn't leave them hanging again. I'm kind of worry and excited at the same time for their comeback and competition against SNSD. I mean, as of now, SNSD is like at the top of the game? . . But i never doubted KARA, not even in the first place. No matter what i'll be waiting! HWAITING! WOOT WOOT!

• 4 weeks later...

I really hope that DSP will be able to put them at the top with their new come-back

in this way they could take full part of the battle with other groups

But to be honest I don't think there will have a competition for this end of the year

since Wonder Girls seem to be soon finishing their Nobody promotion

and that SNSD won't come-back util next year !

I was so excited to see all girl groups perf in the same time...now I'm quite upset lol.

^^ yea but last year was the year of the girl groups, sadly our girls weren't included...

this year i have a feeling the focus is going to be on the boys ...

at least it looks good for KARA.. they got the whole summer to themselves.. girl group wise and it seems they are going to get the winter to themselves for the most part :)...

what snsd's album should be released in november....

its delayed ??

yea dance battle would be nice ....

i really cant wait till kara's new albums come out :o

^it's delayed until 2009.

i think that's good :o

WG is still promoting but people are always more interested with the new things that come out. (:

SHINee, DBSK have already made their comeback a while back and if KARA comes back at the end of november they have a month or two that they could use for heavy promotions before the scene starts getting crowded again.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hope they come back soon.

*crosses fingers*

I agree to say that in such situation KARA will profit of the winter to promote their song and maybe gain some more popularity but I hate hearing (and It will give to antis another good occasion to say) that KARA is only popular because there is no concurrence : no WG or SNSD around !

Anyway...the sooner they come-back the better is because I want to see them active again lol.

actually I just want them to bring something great to make people realize how talented they are !

Edited by Solin