[2010.02.03] 2009's brightening 5 Idol Star's hope for new year? - (2) Kara's JiYoung

mae

[The Star Special Report] 2009's brightening 5 Idol Star's hope for new year? - (2) Kara's JiYoung

16le3aq.jpg

In 2009 Kara became a popular "girl group" with the 2nd album [Revolution], gaining popularity with the "butt dance" in the song "Mister." Kara's cute maknae JiYoung, who is now a second year high school student, was nicknamed "Ong Al" and "Ooh Jjoo jjoo" due to her appearance. In a broadcasting, she seems to talk with a sucked-in mouth like a child asking for food, which led to her nickname "ooh jjoo jjoo."

Meeting JiYoung in the latest company DSP media rehearsal, we asked her feelings of 2009, and she answered, "At the time of 'Pretty Girl' and 'Honey,' I was only known as the new member of Kara, but as people saw my performance in 'Wanna' and 'Mister,' my fans and popularity increased. Especially when people danced our "butt dance" throughout the televisions, our popularity grew.

Kara's popularity also increased throughout talent programs and radio shows. With various cable shows like "Kara Bakery" and "Invincible Youth, Idol Show Season 4," Nicole's appearance in premier of "Star Golden Bell," and in other programs like "Joh ah suh (Good)", "Infinity Challenge," and "Intimate Note," they became very famous.

As the male idols comment how JiYoung is going on the "right" direction with her cute and pure image, it seems like she have a potential to appear in other programs like drama and musical.

To conclude, Kara JiYoung states her plan for 2010, "since around mid-February Kara will present a new mini-album, I wish for everyone to give lots of love for us, and since I am now a second year in high school, I will study harder, I will listen to my parents more, and I hope to get along well with all my member unnies. Since I am now one year older, I wish to become more mature... even now I am trying my best to be mature. You will see me as a mature girl, right?" As she babbles about how she does not wish to be treated as a child, one can't help but adore her.

In other various star stories "The Star," 5 star idols who shined 2009 will give 2010 a new year message and a hand-written letters of "Moleskine" (www.moleskine.co.kr) diaries will be on the event. To participate, go to The Star site and to the event page. Available until February 17th.

Source: http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_d...0020301085.html

Translated: holyknight@KARAholic.

DO NOT TAKE WITHOUT CREDITS.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now Kara popularity is higher than before....

i think.. jiyoung should be a kid forever...haha...

I think Jiyoung can be star in drama and in musical....

Jiyoung should study harder...for brighter future..we are from the 94 line.....

now im studying hard too...

I hope to see Kara in more variety show....

we all kamilia will support you....

♥Kara♥

To conclude, Kara JiYoung states her plan for 2010, "since around mid-February Kara will present a new mini-album, I wish for everyone to give lots of love for us, and since I am now a second year in high school, I will study harder, I will listen to my parents more, and I hope to get along well with all my member unnies. Since I am now one year older, I wish to become more mature... even now I am trying my best to be mature. You will see me as a mature girl, right?" As she babbles about how she does not wish to be treated as a child, one can't help but adore her.

HAHAHAHA! this is so cute. -_-

yeah, i think we cant help it but to baby her. lol just look at her unnies. cooing her, playing with her and stuff. lol

but i do think that she's growing up lovely. i think she has it to be a model too, if she breaks away from that cutie maknae image.

looking forward to more Jiyoung and 88-Line this year, actually. haha. i hope dsp has something on for their promotions. :D

thanks for translating daniel!

haha..

she is just too cute..

don't know why,but when i read : " You will see me as a mature girl, right?"

i just imagine she said it in a very cute way :)

i believe she have a lot of potential to grow..

hopefully they will more success this year, esp with the album..:)

jiyoung fighting!

KARA fighting!

haha..i agree with most of the ppl here..

Jiyoung looks so pretty in that pic..Those cute little eyes xDDD

Jiyoung is so cute and adoreable that its very hard for me to see her as a mature girl..

I dont think Jiyoung should be mature because this means lesser aegyo T^T

Ok..maybe she can do aegyo xDD

I'm happy that our little Jiyoung can enjoy both her idol and high school life !

Even if she is now 17, I could only see her as KARA little baby lol.

She is so cute and innocent that I want to prtect her !

Hope with this new comeback, KARA popularity will become even stronger than he already is now.

Awww Jiyoung's nicknames are so cute...lol

Its nice to know that she could balance both her career and studies ^^

Goodluck and hope you do well in school Jiyoung ^^

Looking forward to their mini album coming soon as well ^^

Thank you very much for the translations holyknight ^^

AHA i so knew Ji Young was gonna wish to mature and for fans to treat her as someone new (:

she's adorable. It's okay Jing you're still young and you have lots of time to grow and mature.

Ah JiYoungie! x] Congrats~! We're so glad that you're getting more popular every day! Let the world know of your cuteness!

Awww...I can't imagine Jing getting more mature. She's just too cute! Such a good girl. <3 Continue to work hard, Jing! :D

Thanks for sharing!

:0 you didn't edit the article, I thought I made some mistakes (like the name Joh Ah Suh, never heard of that program)... I guess not :)

anyways, yeah it is really hard to help but adore JiYoung no matter what she does, haha.

she's only second year high school, that's really young :S

and I guess JiYoung, like SeungYoung, can't wait for the comeback, like me :)