[2010.02.07] KARA lands in Japan!

coffeebeanie

akr2010020700790000501i.jpg

Popular girl group KARA flew to Japan for their first showcase, and yesterday, February 6, we had the chance to interview them at Tokyo's New Otani Hotel.

With around 100 people attending the event, the KARA members greeted everyone in Japanese, expressing that "We are very nervous for our first showcase here in Japan."

When asked what their charm is, leader Park Gyuri answered "A lot of people tell us that we're warm and fresh and lively.. I guess we are like the girlfriend who lives in next door"

The showcase to be held today, February 7, was originally supposed to be a one-time showcase only. But because of the number of fans that had wanted to attend the event, another showcase was added, making it 2 showcases, with around 3000 fans attending. Han Seungyeon, who spoke in fluent Japanese, said "We're really happy. Its our very first showcase but a lot of fans are supporting us, so we are very thankful for that. All the members are nervous and excited."

When asked about their individual talents, leader Park Gyuri answered "My mom used to dub for Japanese Manhwas, so I got her talent of voice impersionations", and went on to show her cute talent. Maknae Kang Jiyoung said "My strongest trait is that I'm the youngest." Meanwhile Jung Nicole stated that "Its dance and cooking. I really like to cook."

Han Seungyeon went on to say that "I'm not young anymore, but my talent is looking younger than my real age", while member Goo Hara said that "My free-spirited nature is my strong point."

source: NAVER NEWS

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic

tip-off: anne@KARAholic

CREDIT PROPERLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT CREDIT LINE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the results of the 88-line unnies continuous practice of their Japanese ^^

I'm sure Nicole, Hara and Jiyoung also studied hard and they'll be fluent in no time ^^

Its nice to hear the warm welcome of their fans there and the amount of support and love they get there ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^ and for the tip off Anne onni ^^

Go Go Kara, Fighting~~~

Jungmin's tutoring and all the animes watching helped them in Japanese a lot huh? haha

Seungyeon & Jing's specialties are funny. lol. One being the youngest and the other looking younger than her age. :D

i hope they will have lots of fun at their showcase. :thumbup:

thanks for the translations tin!

WOOO Go ham! Fluen japanese! I thought Gyuri will be the most fluent before, but I guess not..

Seungyeon's talent is more like a trait than a talent,hahaah.. to look young is a talent? I guess I have that talent too.. I'm 21 but when I meet new people they thought im still 18 =P

Good Luck KARA!!! and thank you coffeebeanie for translating and posting it =)

Good to hear that the girls are now in Japan. I'm very impressed that Seungyeon spoke in Japanese fluently all the tutoring and anime did help. Love Nicole specialty Dancing and cooking. Thanks for sharing and I will be cheering for the girls as always KARA HWAITING!

wow..

that's great..

seungyeon is fluent in japanese??

cool..

n it's cute when she says that she looks younger..

but that's true..

at first i think SY is maknae,or at least the younger one -_-

godd luck in japan!! :D

oh yeah,and thx for the translation :)

I'm not surprised that Seungyeon speak Japanese fluently lol.

I am happy they are in Japan and hope they will enjoy their stay there.

It also very nice to see japanese fans so supportive !

Hope that KARA could do great in Japan.

wohoo....!!

what a great news.....

"A lot of people tell us that we're warm and fresh and lively.. I guess we are like the girlfriend who lives in next door"

I agree...we all feel that way....

woot woot...3000 fans...thats a lot...

hope the showcase will be a successful one....

♥Kara Fighting!!♥

wow...

seungyeon is fluent in japanese maybe cos jungmin teach them

and she likes anime ^^

lol...I like how she said that she's not young anymore but her talent is to

look younger..I gotta agree...

at first I thought that she's the maknae but she's not...lol

they look great and I'm soo happy that they are now more recognize

and they gain more and more popularity as time goes by...

good luck for their showcase...

thanks for sharing :D

Nice news :D KARA in Japan! YAY, cheer up for our girls! XD 2 showcases in a day? Really tired.. When will they go back to Korea? Can' wait for their comeback!!! :) hoho

"My strongest trait is that I'm the youngest."

lol Jing, her cuteness =P I really want to try food that cooked by Nicole..

I wonder what happen to Gekidan Hitori after heard about KARA have landed in Japan.. >< I think he will totally excited and rush!

Thanks to coffeebeanie and anne! ^^

"I'm not young anymore, but my talent is looking younger than my real age"

I just had to laugh at this. ahahha. seungyeon arh..

i bet the girls got jap lessons from their 501 oppas !! hheehee. :D:)

:D nicole needs a hair cut soon... i think? and jiyoung !! her bangs is.. horrible . :X makes her look older. ><"

i love seungyeon's hair !!

Edited by xdefiine

oh..Gratz Kara for having so many fans in Japan..

Im surprise that Seung Yeon speaks fluent Japanese..

I dont even know that..

When i read till the part where Seung Yeon talks about her talent..

I laugh ...LOL..

But its true btw..

She's very young-looking..

Hhahahaa