[2010.02.08] Kara、First arrival in Japan Press Conference report

mae

◆ Kara、First arrival in Japan Press Conference report!◆

news0094.jpg

Kara, who has come to Japan for the first time for a showcase, gave a press conference at Miyakouchi hotel.

While the reporters and cameramen were all waiting, KARA finally showed up with the playing of the song Honey. As expected, they're all cute! Their wardrobe was very Honey-like, with a white image.

The innocent Jiyoung, the smiling Nicole, the senior leader adult Gyuri,the cute Seungyeon, and the slender Hara seemed a bit nervous.

First, they all said in Japanese "Konnichiwa, watashitachi wa Kara desu" (hello, we are Kara)! Super cute, my chest tightened up!

After that, they introduced themselves one by one. Everyone laughed when Gyuri said she is the goddess that is in charge of beauty.

When they were asked what they ate last night, while laughing they said "ummm, shrimp, tenpura, gyuudon, ramen, um, ah, soba, korokke, red bean ice cream, we ate a lot! We want to eat sushi and shabu shabu next!"

Their awkward Japanese is cute! And Hara's voice was really small (lol)

So, next is the questions from the reporter

【 Reporter 】 : Kara's average age is 19, but do you find interest in girls in Japan that are the same age as you?

【 Gyuri】 :Yeah, we do. From drama, magazines, fashion, we all take an interest in it. I want to buy a lot of clothes this time.

headline0022.jpg

Gyuri

【 Reporter 】 : Please tell us any Japanese singers you know.

【Everybody 】 : We know a lot(lol)。Utada Hiakru, Ayumi Hamasaki, Amuro Namie, Winds, AKB48, Morning Musume, Nakashima Mika, M-flo, Arashi... about that much (lol)

【Reporter 】 :Tell us about your thoughts that the 2 shows were sold out, and did you practice Japanese a lot for this?

【 Seungyeon 】 : I was really happy when I heard it sold out。This time was our first performance but, a lot of people came out to support us so thank you. All the members were pretty nervous.。

【 Jiyoung 】 : Honestly, I couldn't study Japanese much(lol)。But, I practiced greetings a lot before coming to Japan(lol)。From now on I hope to try harder!

news0021.jpg

SeungYeon

【 Moderator 】 : By the way, Gyuri and Seungyeon can pretty much speak Japanese.

【 Reporters 】 : oooooo!

【 Reporters 】 : Right now, there are many active girl groups in Korea. Is there something special about you KARA that separates you from them?

【 Gyuri 】 : The things the fans say are different is that we're really friendly, refreshing, and sometimes vigorous. Also we seem like the girls next door who are your friends(lol)、that's what they said!Also, I guess we're short and cute(lol)?

title0022.jpg

Jiyoung

【 Reporters 】 :Does each member have a charm point besides singing?

【 Jiyoung 】 : Well, I'm the youngest (lol)

【 Nicole 】 : I like to dance, cook and eat!

【 Guri 】 : My mom is a voice actress and has done some Japanese anime。Since I have my mom's blood, I can make many different voices。Like(high pitched voice)「konnichiwa!」(lol)、like that。Ah, how embarrassing!

【 Seungyeon 】 : I'm the one embarrassed(lol) Apart from Jiyoung, my specialty is people often tell me I look young(lol)

【 Hara 】 : I'm the candid one.

headline0023.jpg

Hara

【 Moderator 】 : Then, please tell us about your hopes for the concert tomorrow.

【 Jiyoung】: This is our first time coming to Japan and doing a showcase。I'm very happy to stand in front of all our foreign fans, and I'm thankful that they are interested in us。From now on I think it would be great if we can meet each other more often。We will do our best to show you an awesome stage tomorrow, so please cheer us on.

【 Nicole 】 :I'm really happy and thankful that we can do our showcase tomororw。We're really nervous but, please everyone watch over us tomorrow。Also, please watch over us in our Korean activities as well.

news0022.jpg

Nicole

【 Gyuri 】:We didn't know that so many Japanese fans loved us but, when we arrived at the airport and saw many Japanese fans greeting us, my heart throbbed.。I also got pretty nervous。I will do my best at tomorrow's showcase, for the sake of the fans.

【 Seungyeon 】 :Out of the 5 of us, 3 of us debuted 3 years ago.、I'm nervous because this is like we're debuting all over again。We like to know that there are possibilities in other countries like Japan。I'm happy to hear the tickets for tomorrow sold out。Everyone please cheer us on this time also!

【 Hara 】 : We prepared for this showcase starting 1 month ago。I'm nervous that the real thing is tomorrow, but I think we can show off our hard work、and I hope to continue our activities in Japan.

【 Moderator 】 : Thank you very much! 

Source: http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/1002080054/

translated by wewtf@KARAholic.

DO NOT TAKE WITHOUT CREDITS.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww even in a brand new environment, the girls are still just as friendly and open.

I LOLED MY BUTT OFF AT THE "because we're cute and short" comment LMAO

they are cute and short but they are also so much more than that too, i think the japanese will love them :)

Omo,They're so cute!!!I'm happy to hear their showcase was sold out,KARA jjang!!!!^^

LOL @ Sy~Yes,she's our choding^^And Gyruri!!She's still a goddess in Japan!HAHA^^

Thanks for translating~Very much appreciated^^I like japanese interviews & articles,so funny^^

haha...at last..the report are here...

【 Gyuri 】 : The things the fans say are different is that we're really friendly, refreshing, and sometimes vigorous. Also we seem like the girls next door who are your friends(lol)、that's what they said!Also, I guess we're short and cute(lol)?

lol..

I support Gyuri answer 100%....

everybody feel that way toward Kara...

they all r friendly....

Gyuri looks totally gorgeous in that photo...

♥Kara Fighting!!♥