[2010.02.17] Korean 3rd Mini Album - Lupin

chopsuey

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LUPIN IS SO AMAZING. I SPAZZED SO MUCH NOW I CAN'T EVEN HAVE MUCH TO SAY EXCEPT

SLDKFJLSDFKJLSDKJFLSDKJFLSDJFLSDKJFLSDKJFLKJFLSJDFLKSJDFLSJDF

Okays. I shall go sleep now. I want a super hot mv. And awesome dance moves.

I listened to the whole album and I like it a lot because even if I'm happy KARA becomes more mature with Lupin, they still keep a cute feeling in the other songs. What can I do ? I love cute KARA. Moreover, I find there is a class aura in this album which makes me like it so much. I also like the fact Hara and Jiyoung get a more important role in this mini-album. For the first time, DSP takes the best song to be the main track !

Will give my review later lol.

Edited by Solin

I don't even know how to spazz correctly lol.. automatically I LOVE my ballad, Lonely LOL.. love the beats and also of course the title track Lupin.. DSP choose right lol.. love the r&b flavors of those two.. the other 3 songs, i'll like as we go along lol.. but really well produced.. What makes Lupin different is that they still sing in a traditional way? lol.. I'm really anxious to see what happens next!

loving lupin!!! i havent heard any of the other songs yet but i have a feeling im gonna love them too. its funny because i was listening to lupin then i went to check the mail and the kara cds i ordered from yesasia and ebay finally came in after a long wait... so i was listening to kara, while opening packages with kara in them! weeeeeeee ^^. KARA HWAITING!!!

I LOVEEEEEEE EVERY SINGLE SONG IN THEIR MINI ALBUM!!!!!!

gahhhhhh this is a must buy album for everyone who haven't ordered it yet!! No more first blooming as kara favorite album =D

My favorite(note that this is my own opinion) track are

1) Tasty Love -> this is just asdfjlkgj addictive! I think this is more addictive than lupin!!~

2) Rollin -> This song is just cuttteeeeee~ So for KARA fans who like their cute concept they still have it =D

3) Lupin -> Amazingly CooL!!!! EPIC~ (I just hope no plagarizing issue will strike this)

4) Lonely -> Kara never stray away from putting a ballad song of course~ Love their voice! <3 <3 <3

It still growi on me, Secretly Secretly has better first impression but this song is also goooodd!

5) Umbrella -> Just a catchy song.. but Jiyoung and Gyuri rap?? (correct me plz) o.O

OMG all the songs on the album is awesome!!! I can hear the awards already coming!!!~

I want to see their MV for lupin soon! I am glad they have some cute songs as well b/c I love Kara's cute image as well and I think DSP is testing to see if people like the cute side of Kara or they would like to see the mature/sexy/cool side of Kara in the future. I am glad they added a ballad as well to show off Kara's singing skills!!!

My list of favorite:

1. Lupin- So catchy. I think I replayed this song over and over again and my BF was like o.0 u must love Kara. LOL. I love this song and I think the MV and the dance for this song will be aweome.

2. Tasty Love/Rollin- I can't decide which one I like. They both give off the cute/bubbly vibe that fits Kara really well. The lyrics remind me of really cute and melodic Japanese songs. I think DSP wanted to see how the Japanese fans would react to Kara as well.

3. Loney- I love Kara's vocals in this one!

4. Umbrella- This is a cute song but its not as catchy as the other songs b/c I love the other songs so much but its a cute song though too!!!

I love this album!!! I hope 2010 will be Kara's year. They already started w/ a good year w/ couple awards & the japanese showcase! I hope this album brings Kara even more success!!!

Took a stab at the lines distribution, I THINK it goes like this:

(Nicole rap) Sing It With Me Now 2010

We Bringing New Love To The Floor

Rocking What's Real La Couture

We Opening New Doors New Show New World New Control

Can You Keep Up Oh!

(Hara) Hallo! Hallo! Hallo! Hallo! Hallo! (x3)

Hallo! Hallo! Catch! Catch! Hallo! Hallo!

(Gyuri) keomeokjima ni shimjangsoriga deulkyeo (swid!)

(Jiyoung) dwi-e seoseo chimchakage jikyeobwabwa

(Nicole) tamnandago seodureudan kyeolguk Game Set

(Nicole) yuyeonhage haengdonghaebwa As Usual It's Mine

(Seungyeon) It's Mine This Is Mine This Is Mine

(All) * nopi ollaga (Ye Ye Ye) sesangeul da gajyeobwa (Ye Ye Ye)

Never Back It Up Back It Up Never Turn It Up Turn It It Up *

(Hara) Hallo! Hallo! Hallo! Hallo! Hallo!

Hallo! Hallo! Catch! Catch! Hallo! Hallo!

(Gyuri) hannunpalmyeon gihoejocha bbaedgyeobeoryeo (swid!)

(Jiyoung) nuguboda hanbal meonjeo dagagabwa

(Nicole) namdeulcheoreom ti naedagan kyeolguk Game Set

(Seungyeon) yuyeonhage haengdonghaebwa As Usual It's Mine

(Seungyeon) It's Mine This Is Mine This Is Mine

(All) * nopi ollaga (Ye Ye Ye) sesangeul da gajyeobwa (Ye Ye Ye)

(Jiyoung) ije chageunchageun georeo nagabwa (Gyuri) sesang hanahana jeonbu gadeuk damabwa

(Seungyeon) teukbyeolhagil weonhani ni geod igil barani (Nicole) shijakae

(All)* nopi ollaga (Ye Ye Ye) sesangeul da gajyeobwa (Ye Ye Ye)

=============================================================

I'm hoping Hara got more line than the "Hallo hallo" parts o_O;; If not, then please please let her have a dance break so she can shine; I mean, this concept is really suited for Hara. Seungyeon also got very littles lines too, so I'm kind of surprised. O_O

It's good that Jing has lots of lines though, she sounds GREAT!

I'm writing this as I'm listening to the tracks. Subjective opinion, please don't take offense to what I write, just in case it ticks someone off ._.

I'm a bit disappointed by this mini album. I loved Revolution, despite hating disliking Wanna and Mister, but Magic, Secretly Secretly, and Let It Go were good enough to make up for it.Of all the songs on Lupin , I only sort of like the title track and really like Lonely. I expected something edgy for Tasty Love but it's just another pop song with messy intrumentals. Umbrella, ditto, but not as messy. Rollin' is cute and better than Tasty Love and Umbrella, but I'm generally sick of repetitive words. Rolling kiss, rolling cake, rolling love, rolling dance? The autotune in some parts wasn't very pleasant.

In terms of vocal though, Gyuri sounds nice, Seungyeon doesn't stand out, Nicole sounds really nice as well, I only heard Hara in the rap for one of the songs, and Jiyoung has improved a lot. Nicole's raps in this album are nothing special except in Lupin, where she actually sounds like a rapper.

I'm going to separate Lonely from the others since it's the only ballad song on the mini album and I generally like those more. I was hoping for a ballad and KARA definitely didn't disappoint. They all sound really nice. Seungyeon stands out a lot in these ballads, Gyuri and Nicole sound amazing as well. Jiyoung, like I said above, has improved a lot as well. I don't even remember hearing Hara, but I probably will once I listen to the song again. I like Gyuri's lone adlib as well, though I wished they would've given her more adlibs. I really hope they perform Lonely live.

Edited by jesster.

^

yeah all of us have a mixed feeling about this..

for myself..

so far i an accept all of the song..

for me,Umbrella is the only one left that still didn't really get into me..

i'm loving Lupin and Lonely..tasty love and rollin it was ok..

but LUPIN is totally awesome for me..

but i'm a little bit disappointed with Lupin as a whole..

my fave concept for KARA so far until revolution is their 1st album..

i think they really stand out there from the others..

so,when i know the concept for lupin i'm totally excited..

and when i hear Lupin, it does awesome for me..

but the rest..i think it doesn't suit very well with the concept..

cmon,u expect them to perf tasty love and rollin with suits,cane,and hats???

and Lupin line distribution also make ma a little 'uuhh..'

my fave song so far is lonely and lupin..

my fave song from kara always a ballad song xD

this is my first impression..

we'll see later..

maybe i can totally loving it..

or from their perf later..

we still have yet to see..

really looking forward to it..

so far,my fave album is still the 1st blooming..

but no matter what i'm totally support KARA..

i really love them :)

Edited by curbow

I was honestly not as pleased with the album as i initially had hoped. Like after I saw the pics and stuff for Lupin, I was practically convinced that the girls had moved on to a more mature sound in addition to their new mature look.

Sadly, i was mistaken, but I think in the long run this was a good thing. If kara completely converted to a more mature sound, it might not sit well with the public that enjoys Kara's cute and bubbly sound. Some people like me wanted more mature sounds, but didn't get it. Essentially, it would have been great to see a better balance between cute and mature, but oh well. Ya get what ya get =] Besides, we don't need division amongst the fandom. Not cool.

the mini album was decent. The sounds of the rest of the tracks are very typically Kara.

I love Lupin but I wish Hara and SY got more parts. I am glad Jing gets to sing more and Nicole & Gyul got a lot of parts but it seems a little unfair for Hara and SY. Maybe they will give the dance break to Hara and SY? Seungyeon is one of the main singings in Kara and she barely got any parts and I can barely hear Hara anywhere >.< Its good that Jing improved a lot though!!! Gyul and Nicole sounds amazing as always!!!

I hope they perform Loney & Lupin for their comeback performances!!!

When I listen to the whole song, I can actually picture the girls sneaking into a place Lupin-style. I also imagine a fight scene where Gyuri pulls out a sword from her cane. :)

but the rest..i think it doesn't suit very well with the concept..

The other songs sound happy, maybe it's celebrations after a successful robbing? :lol:

Edited by loveholic

OMG OMG!!! I have no word for Lupin ._.!!!

Already listening this song 100x ( believe it or not? ) lol... Yeah!!! Lupin is jjang!!!

but,... why Hara Part only, Hallo! Hallo! Hallo! Hallo! Hallo! (x3)

Hallo! Hallo! Catch! Catch! Hallo! Hallo! ... =____=. I want Hara get more part here , yeah I hope in other song Hara get it!!

and I wish Lupin will be hit in All KChart, especially melon... kekeke, Lets pray Kamilia...

Lupin Daebak!!!

Lupin FTW!!! KARA JJJJANG!!!

I LOVE TASTY LOVE AND LUPIN AND LONELY (OMG IT SOUNDS SOO PRETTY!! <3) AND ROLLIN IS GROWING ON ME AND I'M NOT REALLY FEELING UMBRELLA BUT ITS ALL GOOD BECAUSE THE OTHER SONGS ARE REALLY AWESOME AND AHHHH I LOVE LOVE LOVE LUPIN.

I can't wait for the MV!

And I really hope they perform 2 songs at their comeback.

Maybe they can perform Lonely for one of their comeback stages.

And blow people away with their awesome vocals. :)

But I want them to perform Tasty Love, too. 8D

^LOL my ranking is pretty much the same as yours, but..

1. Lupin

2. Lonely

3. Tasty Love/ Rollin'

5. Umbrella.

Like that. 8D

I really do love Lupin a lot better than the other songs on this mini. I was kind of disappointed they reverted back to cutesy trakcs, almost as if they were trying to compensate for the fans who love them for their cute image. =/

I was xichigo lol.

-I am an useless post-

this is one of the rare scenario where i will gladly put the album on shuffle and enjoy it for hours on end. really do love all the songs on the album. ^_^