[2010.02.17] Korean 3rd Mini Album - Lupin

chopsuey

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ LOL LEVIG YOU QUOTED MY USELESS POST! <333

Ahh dang this is another useless post. I will make this post useful.

I want their comeback stage to be all spy-esque with a dark alley and flash lights and laser lights and siren wailing and all that epic stuff! ^_^ And a dance break intro! And please let them perform LONELY too!

finally hear the full version...and i'm satisfied!! Although the only track that really different from the "usual" KaRa sytle is Lupin, but the rest of the song are really good and still had its KaRa vibe (and minimal use of auto tune - KaRa jjang!!!!), my personal favourite beside Lupin would be Tasty Love.

Btw, When the MV will be released, i find it odd that the full tracks was already released before the MV, i thought it would be the opposite?

Edited by kara4life

1. Lupin

2. Umbrella

3. Lonely

4. Tasty Love

5. Rollin

Rollin is probably the only song that I don't think goes with this "new" concept. I think going 180 degrees sexy would have driven some fans away as it removes the cute side of Kara. Overall, I'm happy with this album as they made a good compromise between something mature/sexy and cute as well...Lupin is of course the best song but Lonely and Umbrella are to me up there, same thing for Tasty Love. Rollin sounds out of place for some reason. I'm a little disappointed however with Gyuri's vocals...I know these are kara's songs but I was hoping that they would use a little more her powerful vocal abilities which will give even MORE credibility to this album. Anyways, let's see what they do with Lupin - I imagine them being 5 robbers, during day time they have fun being cute and all with their boyfriends (Rollin playing) and then at nighttime, they change into robbers and Lupin Kara begins.

It would be a good concept and will nicely introduce the mature/sexy kara while still mentioning their cute image. And to add even more to that concept, I see them as the anime Cat's eyes...don't know if you guys know about it but good concept and to make it more fun, they take turns about robbing and each wear the same wig when they do it...it'd be fun if it's like that.

overall, it's ok.

Edited by sarah09

I posted this on Soompi so I'll post it here as well.

I've been listening to the album the whole day. I can now make a fair judgment of the album as a whole. I'll try to make this as unbiased and professional as I can. Please note there will be comparison to other groups.

The whole album as a whole fails to truly deliver what they claim it to be. They were suppose to comeback with a stronger and mature concept, though it might be true when you see their concept photos but that is hardly the case when it comes to the album as a whole. The concept photos were more of the concept for their title song Lupin, which I find a definite departure from their previous releases. I applaud them for taking risks and experimenting with new ideas, both musically and visually. Once you release something mature it's only right and proper that you move forward from there rather than converting back to an old concept, like a certain other idol group. And yes, I am aware that Kara debut with this similar concept but I'm speaking from their Rock U re-debut.

DSP made the right choice with Lupin as the title track, it definitely delivers that strong and mature image that they want Kara to move towards. But again I was expecting a lot more variety of "stronger" songs. Musically I do think it's a step up from their 'Revolution' album. Tasty Love and Umbrella is your typical Kara songs for those of you who prefer the cuter Kara as to the more mature Kara. It's that bubble-gum pop sound that most idol girl groups find hard to escape from and I don't think will ever let go of. Rollin' gives off a 2NE1 I Don't Care type of feel, but a lot less aggressive and more of the girl-next-door. Lonely is a beautiful ballad that serves it's purpose, to showcase the girls' vocals. I can really picture couples dancing to Lonely to get themselves in to the mood, it has that seductive, flirty vibe.

With this change of image I was hoping to hear a lot more ballads or at least mid-tempo songs, with a more of an R&B feel to it but I misjudged. The album as a whole is enjoyable and a good listen, but again, the whole strong concept got lost somewhere after they finished recording Lupin I presume. It just got too clustered with Kara's typical songs, which is hardly a bad thing, but I was hoping for a change. Every time a Kara album is release I look forward to their ballads the most, their vocals truly shines during their ballads. With the likes of I Am... from 'Pretty Girls', Magic from 'Revolution', and now Lonely, I truly hope that Kara will mature away from these bubble-gum pop songs and release a ballad album someday.

Once again I was deceived by DSP with their claim of Kara's new concept. Strong and mature is definitely what Lupin the song delivers but the rest of the album hardly matched up to that concept. I'm glad that JiYoung gets to shine a bit more vocally on the album but I was hoping to hear more of HaRa as well. Because this is only a mini-album I will let it pass as an introduction to a full change from them when their next full album is release. Because in all honesty 'Revolution' for me was a highlight of 2009, an album filled with potential hit singles. I guess baby steps is the best way to go. But this mini-album is definitely a better listen then the release of a certain full album from another girl group.

I do recommend this album. An album worthy of constant repeats. You get to see the new mature side of Kara (Lupin and Lonely) and as well as the cute and innocent side of Kara (Tasty Love and Umbrella) that many of us have come to know and love.

Edited by UnknownIdiot

This is just plainly my opinion so i hope people don't get offended or what not.

The only 2 songs that i really like are Lupin and Lonely and even for the latter for me, its not exactly the most powerful ballad song to showcase their vocals. As for the other songs, they are the usual kara style of songs, my feelings on those songs are just average. But i'm still very excited and looking forward to see their comeback stage, Lupin beats are awesome and with some killer dance moves the song will be a huge success. Actually i'm sure the song is already a big hit since its climbing up the music charts.

Hmm I don't know why so many people are saying that only Lupin and Lonely are nice, I personally think all of the songs are great. Yeah, it definitely doesn't match the advertised concept, but usually in mini-albums, only one song is promoted.

Take SNSD's Tell Me Your Wish mini-album, it was a sexy legs, sailor girl concept. Was the concept applied to the other songs? Not at all. Only for Genie.

Overall I think the album is awesome. Lupin for the sexy and powerful concept they had found back in Revolution album, 3 cutesy songs that is their roots, and one sweet ballad. Hope KARA will own the charts!

I love KARA ...I dont mind the Mini-Album as a whole...but like most, i Mis-Judged and assumed their "stealer" concept applied to all the songs ( a mature/darker side ) to their tracks ... I wouldve wished all songs on the mini had the Lupin feel..

as a whole (KARA) album 8/10

as a expected (LUPIN styled KARA) 3/10

i want them to take a 180 degree turn concept once again!

still... I <3 KARA ... FIGHTING

^

^ lol true, but a lot of people criticized that album for the same reason.

^LOL my ranking is pretty much the same as yours, but..

1. Lupin

2. Lonely

3. Tasty Love/ Rollin'

5. Umbrella.

Like that. 8D

I really do love Lupin a lot better than the other songs on this mini. I was kind of disappointed they reverted back to cutesy trakcs, almost as if they were trying to compensate for the fans who love them for their cute image. =/

LOL IN-IN ILU <3

except yeah I've been listening to Lupin a lot more than the other tracks. I wish there was a more smoother, sexier, lower sounding song on there but... yeah. /sigh.

I swear I listened to Lupin way more than the average person should. XD

Yeah, it definitely doesn't match the advertised concept, but usually in mini-albums, only one song is promoted.

I thought that too, I mean the album is called Lupin? lol. I feel like DSP did take a chance, it was small but at least they showed some confidence in KARA. I'll just focus on Lupin as a step up. From the other songs, I'm pretty sure DSP isn't planning to promote them. They'll probably perform them but I think they wanted the focus to be on Lupin and have high expectations for the song itself.

Hmm I don't know why so many people are saying that only Lupin and Lonely are nice, I personally think all of the songs are great. Yeah, it definitely doesn't match the advertised concept, but usually in mini-albums, only one song is promoted.

Take SNSD's Tell Me Your Wish mini-album, it was a sexy legs, sailor girl concept. Was the concept applied to the other songs? Not at all. Only for Genie.

LOL, tell me about it. And their other promoted song was Etude, that was totally a U-turn. :D

Just because it's the concept doesn't mean all the songs have to be mysterious and sexy like the title track. This is Kara we're talking about here, cute is their thing. I'd actually be more surprised if they didn't have a cute song. :lol:

woah..

many mixed things to this..

i really want to quote and reply each post xD

anyway..

yeah,although i'm having a mixed feeling about Lupin..

i'm still loving it..

my fave list right now:

1. lupin & lonely

2. tasty love

3. rollin

4. umbrella..

just hope that the way they still retain the cute concept is bring good effect..

although personally i'm looking for a total mature concept for them..

miss the 1st blooming day >.<

oh yeah,and about the leaked album..

it was really a bad thing..

we already discussed it earlier..

but nothing can't done about it..

but,we, KARAHOLIC, should prove that we ARE the true Kamilia..

we are the best international Kamilia fanbase by buying the album!!

please..for all of us that download the album from internet right now..

please buy the album when it was released officially..

we must support our KARA..

with their birthday coming closer (3.29) i do hope it will be their moment to be the no1 group!!!

it will be greatest present for them..

sing with me now!!2010!!!it's KARA's year!!!

KARA JJANG!!!

After listening to their album several times over, this is what I think :optimistic:

Tasty Love - needs more listen for me to really like it.

I love Lupin of course, the best in the album I think haha can't stop listening to it, the first title track that could become my favorite.

Umbrella - I guess I'm one of the few who likes it.

Rollin' - the pitch is too high XD but the chorus is catchy rollin love rollin cake rollin kiss rollin daance lol

Lonely - I've always loved their ballads, reminds me of 90's ballad

So far I haven't picked a favorite yet but I'm loving Lupin a lot.

I do understand that most of us are expecting this album to be..strong edgy strong beats and stuff..BUT

have u thought abt this??

its the first time Kara stepped into 'break it' concept as kara5?

and as usual, dsp is trying to 'test the market'

i know kara5 is going to pull through this strong concept well, but dsp is trying to be SAFE

..prob having thoughts like what if this fail that fails??

soooo dsp being kind enough choose lupin as the title track..I admit 1/5 songs are 'strong' BUT

its a good try by dsp right??

I believe next album or mini album will have stronger songs=)

Sooo dun complain and grunt that lupin is a disappointment and stuff..lets give dsp time =D

I do understand that most of us are expecting this album to be..strong edgy strong beats and stuff..BUT

have u thought abt this??

its the first time Kara stepped into 'break it' concept as kara5?

and as usual, dsp is trying to 'test the market'

i know kara5 is going to pull through this strong concept well, but dsp is trying to be SAFE

..prob having thoughts like what if this fail that fails??

soooo dsp being kind enough choose lupin as the title track..I admit 1/5 songs are 'strong' BUT

its a good try by dsp right??

I believe next album or mini album will have stronger songs=)

Sooo dun complain and grunt that lupin is a disappointment and stuff..lets give dsp time =D

yeah..good one :eyelove:

like someone says before (sorry,forgot the username xD), they are playing safe..

but for myself,i don't really like playing safe..

i like something that was obvious xD..

because usually someone who always plays safe will be the lowest one..

and i'm rather bored with the same concept for all of the girls group..

i've been waiting kara5 to be like break it concept, and with the teaser pic, i have high expectation xD

either way,i'm still loving the album although it wasn't like my expectation :(

it can be my top fave album, don't know yet,but it has potential xD

just hope for the best for Lupin..

Lupin FTW ^^