[2010.02.17] Korean 3rd Mini Album - Lupin

chopsuey

^

haha halted ur machine??yeah it's quite big..sorry about that xD

can't help not to share all about kara :)

i want to know too about the hand gesture..haha

@kara4life

lol the teaser..yeah..guessing around..

and got surprised with gyul's long hair and ham and cole's short hair..haha

and i still remember the night lupin released..

everyone gone crazy in sbox..and guessing who are the singing in every part of it..haha

it seems very quick for me..

but with the short time,they already achieved a lot..

anticipating We're With You right now :)

--------------

and i'm happy if i can give sumthing to u guys :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT - 100419

ahh this topic seems dead :o

alright then..i want to start a discussion..and i don't want to make a new topic..

just discuss here it then..

so this it (assuming there are no more goodbye stage):

What do you guys think about the whole Lupin's promotion????

i want to know ur opinion as a whole..

-the concept-

-the teaser-

-the songs-

-the MV-

-the hairstyle/new looks-

-the comeback's date-

-the outfits-

-the stages-

-the perfs-

-the promotion length-

-the achievements-

-the goodbye stage-

-whatever,just named it..-

i'll added mine later..

it's already very late now..

Edited by curbow

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as hara tweeted, last mcountdown performance should be their last lupin promotion.

anyway let me get started bit before.

was lost in internet world following kara until i found kh.

only then did i realise they were releasing lupin album.

the unexpected excitement hit me greatly & my passion for kara just exploded.

yeah lupin was my first theme since membership. i'm proud to be part of the craziness here.

from discussion on promotion pictures to anticipating the teaser, till seconds before official release,

arguing & guessing who's who, wig or without, praising the new maturity concept,

comparing with break it days, generating madness while counting-down the mv release,

analyzing the dance moves, commenting & affirming the new hairstyle/look,

to cursing the minutes slowness on my machine.

i have never seen so enthusiasm for past year.

not exaggerating, but my alertness was at all times high.

then the ultimate, the comebacks. the hard waiting days finally arrived.

it seemed so unreal but the girls were really singing & dancing on stages,

right in front of me or well computer. maybe for me, it was my first.

i'm lost of words now to describe the feelings back then.

the fan chants were fantastic, especially in the first few performances.

loudly made themselves heard throughout, loud enough to bring down the roof.

and then the thought of pathetic me staring at the monitor.

however unlike promotion & mv outfits, those in performance might seem less fancy because initially only colors were the main different.

but then slowly as the girls started to appeal more & more supports from the public, their outfits style started to change, short mixed with long.

besides the black/white wore in 1st mubank win, love those with shiny gold/pink feel too.

overall the outfits looked awesome on them.

then the mubank performance, i never knew that it was broadcasting live until i saw the word "live" on top corner of the screen.

and it was the fateful night they won the first ever mubank award.

emotion went high while jumping kissing my baby nephew.

love their performances so far, never a bad day for me.

i felt extremely disappointed during those weeks when programs were cancelled one by one.

but to minimize impact, i camped here with all kamilia for latest news/photos/tweets.

news of goodbye stage was kind of sad. i meant the girls just came back & it was goodbye time?

but god forbidden, the wait is not long with their world cup song news release the next day.

that's another reason i'm still alive, kicking & spouting non-stop here.

think i had missed out some points but believe the need to stop here as i can go on & on.

too long may turn bored for some. and sorry for the poorly organized comments.

@curbow

nice effort here. this thread is not dead yet. :)

Here's my opinion

:crying:

-the concept-

I love the concept what's with the whole mysterious and stealing things lol But DSP didn't fully make use of the concept which is so sad cos they could've done so much but since this is better than their previous promotions, I'm not complaining that much haha

-the teaser-

I love love the teaser, it promises so much and I wish it was part of the released MV. Haha I love the teaser more than the full MV XD

-the songs-

The songs are good but I think Lupin is the best, other songs are good too and it has Kara feel to it but wasn't expecting the song to be like their previous songs cos I thought DSP will promote them as a more mature Kara. Been listening to it but so far Lupin is the only song I can put on repeat mode.

-the MV-

The MV, it's nice, the close ups are pretty good but the props used could've been much better. I wasn't really expecting anything but I was hoping DSP will spend money to provide better sets that looks good XD

-the hairstyle

Gyuri, I like the long straight her on her. Seungyeon looks good with the short hair, though she looks younger with it but it fits her. Nicole, I like it and I don't haha short hair looks good on her but it covers her eyes a lot and yet she looks fierce with it as well so I'm still hoping they put extensions on her like in the album jacket. Hara, well it's still the same hairstyle so I was hoping they would change it a bit. Jing not much change either but I like the straight bangs on her, she looks even prettier with it.

-the comeback's date-

It's fine I suppose, I noticed DSP doesn't care about competition lol For some reason they get to choose a comeback date where a lot of artist do their comeback as well so I guess we can see how competitive Kara is and they did well for this promotion even with all those competition so happy about that.

-the outfits-

Outfits are nice, different and there's variation which is good, I just don't like the short shorts they put on Cole. I was really hoping they'll wear the MV outfits at least once but guess not.

-the perfs-

No complains on their performances, it's top notch, every performance they do their best and it shows, the improvement is amazing and they keep improving on every performance.

-the promotion length-

Too short T_T since there are a lot of times that the music shows has been canceled, but in a way it's good too cos it leaves me wanting more hahaha

-the achievements-

Very happy with the awards they got, especially the triple crown on Music Bank since I've always wanted them to win there at least once for this promotion but they won 3 times which made really happy cos it's the award that I think is the hardest to get. But 6 awards is a great achievement and spoke well on how far they've gotten.

-the goodbye stage-

I was hoping for more goodbye stages, but in a way it's good as well I suppose that they only had one cos Seungyeon is hurt. The goodbye stage is good but most of them look tired.

Overall I'm very happy with Lupin promotions, I love the song, the vocals is really good and their stage presence increase by a lot which shows how confident they are now when performing.

wow..only got 3 response??

haha..i'm expecting more >.<

btw,i'm gonna add mine..

and i'm trying not to look at the previous posts or i will end up writing the same things..

but overall..i do agree with ur opinion guys :D

-the concept-

i'm not much a fan of cute concept, and till these days, i'm so 1st blooming biased..lol..so when i know about the concept, i'm really excited, and the outcome is great too..being mature is a great thing for me, and all of them suits it very good too :D

the mysterious thing is great..but it's a little bit disappointing that they only do it for Lupin..will take about it on songs :D

-the teaser-

it gives a lot of surprised with gyul and cole's hair when the teaser pic is out..

when the MV teaser is out, it's awesome..

very unique and great!!the song teaser is great, and it surprised me once again with ham and cole's hair..

and it's still the best part of the MV :D

-the songs-

Lupin is a very good songs, from the moment i'm listening to it the first time,i know it's gonna be a huge success..

it holds a huge potential..but hara's lack of parts a lil bit disappointing too..

but the rest of the songs,make me a lil bit disappointing at first..although it's very kara-like, i was expecting more lupin-like..with mature sounds or like that..don't get me wrong,i do love all the songs, it's still a good songs..even lonely become one of my top 10 songs from kara :)

the album itself quite nice,all the photoshoot is great..i really like gyul's one..haha

although not too special, but i'm still liking it :)

-the MV-

not a great one, but it's still nice..

personally i think they can make it better..at least with better looking props and sets..

the lighting and angle were bad in some parts..

but my fave parts is when they suddenly change outfits..it surprised me at the 1st time :)

-the hairstyle/new looks-

this one will be long..haha

gyuri..she looks even mature..but personally,i want her to have her long straight hair more :D

ham..very surprised at 1st..but each days,i'm taking a liking of her hair more and more..she really suits the shorts hair very well..she looks fierce on the stage..but on the shows,she can be very cute too :)

cole..expecting long hair too..haha..personally, i didn't really like her hair on Revolution days..and i'm getting miss her old long hair on break it days..but her new short hair really suits her too..it suits both her fierce perf and dorky side too..haha

-the comeback's date-

it's quite good i think..right on snsd preparing their 2nd song..and together with t-ara..it's not really like avoiding competition,and it's nice to see them together with t-ara..and i do glad they didn't do comeback on april..it's the worst timing for comeback

-the outfits-

it's awesome..at first i though they will do color change concept again..but it's really great when they do different outfit too..the variation is nice..

i like most of the outfit, but sadly, i'm often ended on hating cole's outfit..it's great, yes..but i'm disliking the fact that her outfit always the one that exposing too much..

-the stages & perfs-

performance-wise..i'm really impressed with them..they keep on improving each day, and they really able to give the perfect one for each single perfs..and need to mention it, Ham really impressed me..she suffers a lot..but she still giving the best..

all of their voices has gotten more stable, so it was a great one :)

on some of the earlier stage, they got a nice stage..but the rest is just too regular..

i really hope they having a special stage, or at least a remix one..

the only special stage they get, is on mucore once,and it was a little bit disapointing for me..

-the promotion length-

it was too short for me..lupin have huge potential, but they only promote it for 5weeks worth of promotion..

i know it's only a mini-album..but still..haha..

but since half of it because the accident,i can still accept it..

and now i'm really craving for more..haha

and the fact with that short promotion but they achieve a lot,it's awesome :D

-the achievements-

this is the greatest part of the whole lupin things..lol

i never really expect them to win a lot..but i do want them to win at least one mubank..

but they not only get 1, but 3!!! it's awesome!!

total 6 awards it's a great improvement from them, and i really happy and satisfied with it..

it shows how much KARA have been improving and received now :)

but i'm still a lil bit disappointed with inki.. triple crown on mubank,but only got 1 from inki?? a lil bit weird for me xD

-the goodbye stage-

ahh it's too sudden for me..

the news about goodbye stage was released the day on the goodbye stage will occur >.<

and the stage itself was too regular i think..

but once again,ham's presence make it very special!!!

although i prefer her not too perform like that >.<

-conclusion-

overall,i'm really satisfied with the Lupin..

although there are some disappointment here and there, but seeing it as a whole, i can throw the disappointment away..haha :D

all of the songs is nice, and their perf is awesome too :)

and with all the awards they have received, considering the promotion and the fanbase..it's really great :)

oh yeah,one thing that i hate about Lupin promotion..

i do like that they having a lot of fame since Lupin came out..

but i'm really sad watching some of them sumtimes looks very tired or exhausted..>.<

esp gyuri and hara..

really..for me,it's better for them not too famous, but they can be healthy..

ahh..i'm gonna end it here..

it's already too long :D

and i can write a lot more..

maybe if i can think sumthin important later,i'll edit it :)

i really really satisfied with the songs in the mini album, the outfits, the concept, the comeback date..

and the achievements they got from various kpop charts <3

the only things got me disappointed are the MV and the Choreography

srsly, those 2 things arent the best D:

cmon DSP! Lupin is an AWESOME song of this year..

it have A VERY VERY VERY BIG POTENTIAL for having more fierce MV and choreo

...and not promoting Lonely?

that'll be such a wasteeeeeeeeee

-the concept-

I simply adore this concept because Lupin conveys a sexy vibe but in a sophisticated way

It quite reminds me of Secret World concept with what I fell for KARA

I like the fact they become more mature but without changing too radically

And the mysterious aura around makes it greater!

Moreover, Lupin is French lol.

-the teaser-

The teaser was simply great! DSP has never done better until now lol.

It was the perfect teaser which just revealed enough to hype the song without saying too much

And it also gave this mysterious and secret feeling which totally fits the concept

-the songs-

Lupin is one of their best song!

The lyrics are not really great and maybe too simple: I have to admit I somehow don

ahh..

we need more opinions here..where's everyone??haha

i really need to hold myself back from commenting from each of your posts..

or i'll end up writing another essay here..haha

it's nice to see different opinions..

but basically i do agree with all of ur opinions..:D

i do feel Lupin can promoted in much more better way..

i'm sad it's already ended..

but lucky,after lupin ended, they keep us hyped up with the We're With U and Samsung's Tomorrow campaign..

so we can keep on waiting for more :)

^ lol curbow, i think for MV you should check this thread lol :

http://www.karaholic.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=5316

and Ummm... my opinion???? wah... here:

-the concept-

I think DSP has already totally changed their concept. from cute concept, ( Rock you, Honey) to Sexy image ( Lupin and Wanna).. Wanna and Lupin are same concept, but i prefer Lupin because Lupin has more Power.. laugh.gif and same like solin said, Lupin = Secret World! Kara looks so mature here and i loved Kara image like this.

-the teaser-

First time i saw Lupin teaser its like WOOOOAH!! can't differentiate where's Gyuri, where's Ham, where's nicole because they have same hair style lol, with Short hair.. and DSP success made me curious about Lupin MV rofl :)

-the comeback stage-

once again, same like Solin lol.. i never liked Mnet countdown because, aahhh.. i dont like mnet.. rofl rofl xD, i was thinking if Kara comeback stage on MuBank.. lol :D

-the outfits-

Hell!!!! I TOTALLY LOVE THEIR OUTFITS!!! Lupin outfits looks awesome and AL:SKSJFHKASHF"KJGAS"F!! <3333333

its like different with another Kpop group.. Dsp awesome for this ... :D

wanna see their outfits? here lol :

eitd0x.jpg

-the stage-

PERFECT!!! every Kara perform, its like AMAZING!!! i can see more power from KARA!! KARA improved from stage to stage and each stage was a great one ! AMAZING KARA!!! lol

-conclusion-

lol.. Lupin is best of the best Kara Album and their performance is like WOAAAAAAAAAH!! awesome!!!

i can't talk too much here because my limited word rofl.. you know my english not really good HAHA!!!

but yeah!! that's my opinion... :)

^

lol..i know about the thread kim..

it was for the detailed one..

the one that i want here is opinions for the Lupin as a whole :)

and u guys was following my layout (?)..didn't mean for it..lol

i just pointing out what can be shared here :o

btw,thx a lot for the pic!!!awesome..

believe it or not, i was considering to make pics just like that a couple of days ago..

but i haven't get the time to do it yet..

and u already shared it now..:D

btw,although it's already cover all of kara's outfit for lupin, somehow it feels too few >.<

thanks sica for the overall outfits pic. nice compilation from its creator.

couldn't believe i actually verified it with all the lupin performances so far. (heheh, i did it yesterday.)

yep all were captured here (maybe except missing the one from lesmore fan meet, where shorts were worn instead.)

if forget about the boots & shoes, only 4-5 outfits had been "re-used". :D

looks like dsp is doing a great job here.

@red4summer

lol..u really verified it??wow.. xD

and u raelly pay attention to small details..lol

it does miss some,from goodbye stage, and some more..

but overall,it does really cover all the perf on music show, and it was really great :D

and yeah..i do agree DSP really a good job here...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bonus :o

rk4egz.jpg

Umm, hello.. I'm new here, but here is my opinion

The Lupin MV is the one that brought me to the KARA world.

I love the music video very much; especially when they changed outfit from black to white, it is very attractive.

I also like the dancing very much, only I think they need to practice in synchronization a bit more..?

About the LIVE performances, SeungYeon performing with her hand in gypsum surprised me a lot. I think that totality is all about.

But, what do you guys mean with the goodbye stage? (I'm new so I don't know how they do this) I mean, I just found Lupin like a couple days ago, and now it's goodbye already? :D

Edited by karamaru

Umm, hello.. I'm new here, but here is my opinion

The Lupin MV is the one that brought me to the KARA world.

I love the music video very much; especially when they changed outfit from black to white, it's is very attractive.

I also like the dancing very much, only I think they need to practice in synchronization a bit more..?

About the LIVE performances, SeungYeon performing with her hand in gypsum surprised me a lot. I think that totality is all about.

But, what do you guys mean with the goodbye stage? (I'm new so I don't know how they do this) I mean, I just found Lupin like a couple days ago, and now it's goodbye already? :crying:

lupin mv teaser was released on 12 feb.

comeback stage or first appearance on music program to promote lupin was 25 feb.

goodbye stage meaning last promotion on music show was 15 apr.

these are what i understand, as i'm kind of new too.

found lupin like a couple days ago?

hahah, you must have missed quite a lot of fun here.

i missed almost 3 solid years of good time, but i believe it's never too late.

some started from their debut while most mid-way or during past year.

but most importantly is how far does one go or do to support kara?

how much (in any way) do you want to help in achieving their dream.

just remember though different starting point, everyone starts from 0, it's the destination that matters. :)

anyway welcome to kamilia place where we "worship" kara.

hope to see more new fans hanging around. it's kind of cold here some time.

Edited by red4summer

ooh, thanks for the welcome & explanation, red4summer :D

I have to add this, i saw people wrote they like the song Lupin, but ditched the other songs. I cannot agree, I do think Lupin is in kinda different level, but I like the other songs too, It's a waste they didn't make any LIVE performance or video music for songs other than Lupin and Umbrella.

And yeah, I missed a lot of fun. But glad I found this magnificent forum!

@karamaru

welcome to KH..

and come here often, KH have a lot of to offer you :eyelove:

try to go deeper in the forum, and u'll find a lot things about kara

i'm the same with red4summer..i'm quite a new kamilia too..

but don't worry too much..

i'm totally agree with this:

but most importantly is how far does one go or do to support kara?

how much (in any way) do you want to help in achieving their dream.

just remember though different starting point, everyone starts from 0, it's the destination that matters

:D

artist usually promote their album for a couple of weeks..

and when they end the promotion, it's called Goodbye Stage..

it means they won't doing promotion (performing) on the music show (m!countdown,music bank,music core,and inkigayo) anymore..

but it doesn't mean they won't ever perform it again..they may doing it again,but not on a promotion purpose :D

feel free to ask anything here :thumbup:

kara next fanmeet in japan will be at 8th may showcase where they say hallo to 8000 fans.

hence probably that's the earliest date for the next live lupin performance after hollywood bowl.

if not, maybe on 9th where they have another fanmeet with their official japan fan club.

you might want to verify their schedule at main page. :D

@karamaru

just ask anything u like, i'll try to answer it as long as i'm able to :)

Lupin still yet to be performed in Japan..

and just like red4summer said, it most probably will happen soon..

hope so..haha

---------------------------

sumtims i wish they can go with new outfit :lol:

i'm still in a middle of collecting videos from HB..i'll see later if there are some moments i can convert into gif :)

oh yeah,but i'm gonna make gifs from their lupin perf on show king m on bangkok..

plz wait for it later guys, still have a lot of other thing to do :)