[2010.02.15] Mini-album Lupin attracts controversies even before its release.

coffeebeanie

*READ BOTH PART I & II TO GET THE WHOLE PICTURE OF THE FIASCO MINI-ALBUM LUPIN WAS SUBJECTED TO.

2010021007023110011.jpg

Part I:

Internet shopping mall 'A' encountered problems with KARA fans when they announced on its site that the only album sales that will be included in the Hanteo Chart are those sales made from February 17, when the mini-album Lupin will be released, till February 22, 2010.

Fans who have bought ahead, or those who have placed reservations on the mini-album protested this measure. In response to this, Internet shopping mall 'A' announced that it will include sales from February 11, which includes those who have placed advanced orders, till 22 for the chart rankings.

Among KARA fans, there has been talks for a movement for the purchase of the mini-album to be only from Feburary 22, and not on the date the album is released. This is for the purposes of ranking in KBS2's Music Bank, wherein album sales is given the most importance in its judging. For group KARA to be able to win #1 for the first week of March, the album sales from the 22nd to the 28th will be counted, and thus, there has been agreement amongst fans to purchase the album during this week instead of purchasing it on the week of its release.

The fans allegedly requested Internet shopping mall A to make it reflect that sales made before 22 will just be counted on the 22nd and not on the day it was actually made. To accommodate the request of the fans, Internet shopping mall 'A' agreed.

However, fans of another singers protested, saying that 'They are manipulating the charts. Its okay to be number 1, but they should be fair and honest.' The fandom of the other singers were the ones who leaked the agreement amongst KARA fans. Because of this, the officers of KARA's fanclub asked the Internet shopping mall 'A' to disregard all the request of the fans.

Part II:

Because of this Internet shopping mall 'A' announced that 'All album sales will be made to reflect starting on the day that they are delivered from the warehouse, and on the day that they are actually made. This will be reflected in the Hanteo charts.'

Netizens however, were sharp to point out that fans don't usually ask for this to be done, and that no legitimate seller would give in to such baseless request. They ask 'Was it really the fans who asked that the sales be counted that way? Or was it a strategy on the part of the Internet shopping mall 'A' to do so for them to get more customers?' Internet shopping mall 'A' denied this accusation, saying that they were merely accommodating requests from their customers seeing that they could possibly do so.

It is clear for all concerned that DSP and Mnet Media had nothing to do with the situation and were unaware of such controversy.

Internet shoppping mall 'A' has apologized for this happening.

However, KARA fans are not pleased, saying that 'Because of Internet shopping mall 'A', KARA received unnecessary criticisms.' The fans are getting together, agreeing not to purchase the album from their site. They also expressed their dissatisfaction towards KARA's company, who decided not to release the album on the 22nd saying that 'They can't even plan the promotions properly.'

source: DCNEWS LINK

tip-off: mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT FULLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT CREDIT LINE

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dang, Kamilia are annoyed. i do agree that the dates of their teasers to their comebacks are weird.

teaser being released too early. then album first. and then..a week later, finally...comeback. we still dont know the date for the release of the mv. it's a bit all too jumbled up. the starting promos for Lupin.

this explains the 02/22 we saw on Kara-T/Dejuanholic too. i hope they will be able to work this out nicely.

thanks for translating tin!

woah..

it's bad..

i'm agree that the date are all weird..

between teaser, album release,and comeback stage..

it's all too long..

we don't even know the mv release date..

either way,just hoping that this won't be bigger..

wishin that the girl will have a smooth & awesome comeback..

there are already too many controversies in kpop world..

and i really hope that KARA won't included in one..

i'm sure KARA will be #1, even without any scenario :D

KARA fighting!!!

and meanwhile,please get enough rest and stay healthy..

and make ur comeback on 25th a legend!!! xD

btw,thx 4 the translation :D

Edited by curbow

argh..!!!

why this is happening..?? why this kind of situation happen to Kara...

wow..I'm really2 mad right now...

i'm agree that the date are all weird..

between teaser, album release,and comeback stage..

it's all too long..

we don't even know the mv release date..

yeah..thats right..it does not make sense...

Hope they will have an awesome comeback too...

Kara will definately take the number 1# spot at any chart....

♥Kara Fighting!!♥

Thank God, at first i thought the articles was gonna be some plagiarism again, but turned out to be Kamilia movement, nah...i think KaRa reputation will not get hurt by this issue (whether if its true or not). i wonder though who's the other singer they mentioned, is it solo or group?

Yeah.. It is actually unfair to many Kamilias since they wanted to support Kara by the album sales.. The way the charts counting the album sales is unintentionally bringing Kara's albums sales down. These isn't counted as manipulating the charts or being dishonest..

If the shopping mall actually make up these news for more money,i think it is really unethical and dishonest.. It is very unfair for the Kamilias and also to Kara.

The dates had been rather complicating too.. The dates, from the teasers to the performances are not clearly defined, causing unnecessary confusions..

I hope this doesn't affect Kara too much.. I just hope they can come up with a awesome performance and win the charts of course :D Meanwhile, i hope they get enough rest for their comeback stage!

I'll be anticipating for your comeback girls! Fighting!!~

Guest asyraf jiyoung saranghae~

WTH??? no album count at the date of released???

this sucks for us,Kamilia though...T.T

whatever happens, KARA HWAITING,^^

BABY JING,HWAITING!! :D

I really can't distinguish which date is for which...

I am really anticipaiting and i'm confused of the scheds...

DSP.. must announce the official sched before fans would be totally annoyed...

LOVE KARA.. HOPE they'll get #1...!

KARA jang!

There's one thing that made me happy about this news.

KAMILIA are uniting! They want to make KARA #1!!!

I'm happy that they are showing their dissatisfaction!

DSP can't plan the promotions properly! How will KARA win if they don't plan properly???!!!!

Damn it DSP!

For KAMILIA movement, there is nothing wrong with buying the album by 22nd!

If you're gonna buy the album, you want it to be REFLECTED ON KARA's CHART RANKINGS!

How is that being dishonest? Since when are we allowed to tell someone to spend their money on the album release?

They're buying the album, so what's the problem?

That is not cheating. In fact, I admire the control of those who planned.

Try resisting buying KARA's new album for a few days. For BIG FANS, that is torture!

KARA songs are HITS! No one can deny that they are popular but how come they don't win lots of awards in music shows??? The answer???....DSP! Their comeback dates are weird, always clashing with other groups. They don't prioritize the album release so it will always be pushed back!

LISTEN TO THE FANS DSP! LISTEN!

I don't know if it's possible to delay album release but I think it IS. Other groups have done it.

I actually wouldn't mind. It's almost ridiculous that KARA has never won in MusicBank when they are very much popular.

It's all TIMING and DSP seems to fail with everything!

Edited by KaraNice

Wtf? the album doesn't count the day it suppose to be release?

Thats BS.. so basically i ordered 2 album to support Kara and that was just for nothing..

bahh.. now i'm ticked off.

but i'll give DSP a benefit of a doubt this time.. just cuz they've done a good job so far.

I've never been this riled up before..

Btw.. thats just mean that Kara's competitors are scared? yes?

Kara is going to take 2010 by storm best believe that!..

KARA Hwaiting!!

i'm a little confused at first, but now i understand what it means...

i don't know if shop mall 'A' is a big Kara fans, so they wanted Kara to 1st place as soon as possible or not... but...

they did it at wrong or bad ways,

for all kamilia, just don't mind this "event", just wait for our lovely KARA 3rd mini album and MV released,

KARA fighting !!!

Wtf? the album doesn't count the day it suppose to be release?

Thats BS.. so basically i ordered 2 album to support Kara and that was just for nothing..

bahh.. now i'm ticked off.

but i'll give DSP a benefit of a doubt this time.. just cuz they've done a good job so far.

I've never been this riled up before..

Btw.. thats just mean that Kara's competitors are scared? yes?

Kara is going to take 2010 by storm best believe that!..

KARA Hwaiting!!

Kimmoy, you're already helping the girls by pre-ordering early.

On this issue, theres not much I want to say about it.

There are accusations left and right and I think its best to stop talking about it to make issues worst.

The important thing is, Lupin is already a winner and I firmly believe that it'll get awards regardless of how much all these "sale controversies" that is surrounding the air now (which not only happens for the girls, but seeminly for many other idol groups also).

Just enjoy the comeback as it'll just be absolutely amazing, that I can be assured of.

I thought it would be some plagiarizing issue when i first saw the title.

Since the teaser, full song and album release dates were made known first, my initial reaction was that they would be coming back on the 19 on music bank, back it was later announced that it was on the 25th which kinda surprised me a little since it seems like a really long time. I can understand fans wanting to purchase the album later so it will increase the chances for Kara to win at music bank but in my opinion maybe they should not have request for those who have already reserved the album since its a little too late to rectify it. Oh well, hopefully nothing will get blown up and i do belief that Kara will be able to grab some awards even without all the strategic planning of buying, the teaser already sound awesome and i can't wait to see their comeback stage.

Agree with SSJBen , its best to stop thinking about it ...

Lupin is already set to win the chart and i believe that it'll win awards even this kind of controversies around ...

Seriously we need to enjoy their comeback as the teaser ad amazing , it will be a bomb ~

KARA jjang~ ;)

Hmmmm actually i am slow at getting these things. I guess its about weird dates and stuff?

i just pray that kara will not be affected by these sales controversies??

also this means that... kara is a BIG AWESOME threat to other groups=DD

Thanks for translating tin=D

I believe those fans on part one got

intimidated by KARA.
That means that KARA is really going

to be the best in 2010
. Usually, they wouldn't care if it happen but

this proves that KARA is making it
BIG
!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everything works out for the

best and i hope that the other music stores do count the

CDs sales for the chart and ignore this ShoppingMall A.

Our fellow K.KAMILIA is so right. DSP can't plan promotions right.

Anyways,
KARA FTW!!!! LUPIN DAEBAK!!!

It mean the fans of other group or solo, is afraid of KARA winning this Come back 2010 with all group n solo make their come back together..

I think DSP is not as stupid as we look.. I think they are gambling with the comeback show and the release of the album..

If KARA still #1 even with that many challengers, our unnie will be legend like TVXQ in Korea..

Tell it to them Korean KAMILIAs! Tell DSP how much we're not satisfied with their "planning." C'mon, I thought KARA's comeback will be on the 19th or something because of the album release but DSP just had to screw things up again.

DSP wants KARA to win or not? Everyone knows that the first week is the one that will get the HIGHEST sales. DSP wants to waste that? I'm really happy that KAMILIAs are expressing their disappointment. KAMILIAs are the main reason why KARA succeeded NOT DSP.

KAMILIA had lots of gimmicks just for KARA to make headlines way back.

-The rubber gloves during Pretty Girl. That made headlines!

-The one that uploaded KARA's success timeline from 2007-present is a KAMILIA and that generated great attention. It also affected how people see KARA.

-The one who also uploaded their holiday schedule is a KAMILIA.

It's always KAMILIA doing good publicity for KARA. But KAMILIAs get tired too. DSP needs to act like a decent company cause fans cannot always do everything!

And yeah those who leaked that agreement are probably scared! They know that Lupin will dominate! I hope DSP does something! Oh gosh please do something Make a statement or something!

Edited by joyfulkara

There's one thing that made me happy about this news.

KAMILIA are uniting! They want to make KARA #1!!!

I'm happy that they are showing their dissatisfaction!

DSP can't plan the promotions properly! How will KARA win if they don't plan properly???!!!!

KaraNice!

i'm happy too.. coz all this while, KAMILIA has been too nice. Even when the 'Rainbow fiasco', they just kept quiet and turned the other cheek.. it's high time KAMILIA do something to get some sense into DSP's promotion skills or lack of it!!

For KAMILIA movement, there is nothing wrong with buying the album by 22nd!

If you're gonna buy the album, you want it to be REFLECTED ON KARA's CHART RANKINGS!

KARA songs are HITS! No one can deny that they are popular but how come they don't win lots of awards in music shows??? The answer???....DSP! Their comeback dates are weird, always clashing with other groups. They don't prioritize the album release so it will always be pushed back!

I don't know if it's possible to delay album release but I think it IS. Other groups have done it.

I actually wouldn't mind. It's almost ridiculous that KARA has never won in MusicBank when they are very much popular.

It's all TIMING and DSP seems to fail with everything!

I agree!! Fanclubs of other artists do it all the time so why can't us??! It's not cheating, it's just supporting our girls so that they can get the limelight which they deserved!!

Seriously, DSP should hire market analysts to survey the music market and strategize their activities (comeback, album release, teaser etc) so that each activities will get the best responses from fans and non-fans alike.

I just hope all this hindrances will not affect our girls and that they'll make a comeback that will blow everyone's minds.

Even if they don't win awards AGAIN this time around, they're still the best in our hearts!!

;)