[2010.02.17] KARA's stronger image - how will fans react? Mister, originally for a male group?

coffeebeanie

2010021007023110011.jpg

Shedding the pretty girl image, will a stronger KARA win the hearts of fans?

KARA released their title song to their third mini-album entitled Lupin. After the teaser was released last February 12, various portal sites went overdrive. The response for their new single has been hot so far, with their name shooting up to number 1 on search engine sites. Because of this, many are awaiting their comeback.

KARA was slated to comeback last November 2009. However, due to the individual activities of the members and CF endorsements, the album release was pushed back to February 2010.

The group KARA is known to be the representative 'Cutie girl group', their trademark being cute and bubbly. However, with the release of the teaser and album jacket, the girls showed a more mature and stronger image, much to the surprise of fans. Although many were delighted, other fans became worried, remembering that the last time they went for the 'strong' image with 'Break It', wasn't well-received.

DSP however, is confident about the change. They feel that the group has had enough of the pretty concept, and since it has already been 3 years since their debut, its about time to show a different charm to the fans and other viewers as well. They are not worried about other girl groups changing up their concepts as well, as they analyze the current situation of the industry and say that they believe in the capabilities of the members of KARA.

The company also could not contain their excitement for KARA. Although 'Break It' did not receive much success, it is a totally different story now, with all the mania and attention surrounding the group. With good music and the talent of the members to convey the music through their performances, they are positive about the change.

And also, it was revealed the song Mister which received more love than their title track Wanna, was originally made in the male chord. One of the main reasons why Wanna won as the title song, was the fact that Mister was actually intended for a male group.

One insider pointed out 'KARA is one of the representative girl groups who showcases individuality in each of their songs. With songs like Mister and Break It, they are able to put their own spin to it. Adding their individual charms to the song, they are able to make it their own. It is indeed something special that they can take a song, and make it match to their true colors.'

KARA is scheduled to return with Lupin on the 25th at Mnet Mcountdown.

source: NEWSEN LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT FULLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT CREDIT LINE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know KARA gain popularity because of their cute concept but it's normal for a group to mature.

As much as I love KARA cute image, I also love this change ! I hope fans would always support the girls.

Moreover, they still keep the cute in the other songs of the mini-album.

And I have never seen a such great reaction for KARA comeback before !

Throw the cutie girl group image away. :)

They look so sexy now. I really like this concept and I hope they don't go back to the "Pretty Girl" days.

I love Pretty Girl cause that's how I got to know KARA...and don't forget, Pretty Girl is one of the HITS of KARA...that is their first break as far as I can remember.

personally don't really bother if it's cute/innocent or mature/strong concept, just want to see them on stage.

but on serious note, with the ever increasing popularity, this album should be a success & well received by many.

"break it" experience will not be repeated.

wow..

so many news about KARA xD

i don't know why break it doesn't get too success..

i really love it xD

but it was for me..lol..

anyway..

hope that with this new concept they will get a huge success..

i'm totally loving it xD

Lol..Male group singing mister? So far i guess DSP only have SS501. It will look seriously weird haha..

Well, the previous 'break it' concept couldn't work because there wasn't much promotions.. :/

Kara's new songs are impressive :) I am anticipating for their comeback stage now!

Hope it will be a memorable and awesome performance!!

i think what the topic said were true..

I think that Kara will get a better response, hopefully the best response than their other songs..

Hope that Lupin will lead Kara to the top

Kara HWATING!!

haha...

Kara suit with all the image that DSP give them...

thats is Kara main attraction for me....

haha..

Mister for male group..LMAO....

can't say anything..I can just laugh....

it must be totally funny if male group do that....

I love Lupin image right now...

so cool with those black colour...

♥Kara Lupin♥

i like it too, but pity "break it" couldn't make it to the majority.

perhaps the lack of promotions & bad-timed.

till now, i still have it on my playlist.

let's hope this round, lupin will find its way to the doubtful.