Thoughts on Lupin MV?

xichigo

Well, it's finally here!

Share your opinions/thoughts!

My very honest opinion:

- Storyline: Or, lack of storyline... I thought there would at least be scenes where the girls are sneaking or something. But no, all the MV consists of are closeup shots and dance.THERE IS ACTUALLY A STORYLINE WHAAA? JOSS'S STORY.

- Set: It looks cheap, to be brutally honest. The castle, the moon, and so on. But..

- Lighting: I'm blaming the cheapness of the set on the lighting. With the correct lighting, even the cheapest of sets can look amazing. I don't know why, but Kara MVs have never had the best lighting. ): I kind hoped that the MV would have a more mysterious and chic feel that's portrayed in the concept pictures and the teaser, but instead we have .. fantastical? I'm not sure, but it definitely wasn't what I expected. Oh yeah, and did I mention that at some points, the girls have unnatural green lights on their faces? ):

- Choreo: It's.. ok, haha. I find the running dance hilarious and the fighting pose dance especially cool (yeah I made up these names myself 8D). There are so many dancing scenes that I like, but I can't really judge because we're only shown snippets of the dance. But what I see so far is gooooooood. <3 (Btw, I was on Baidu and the Chinese fans say that the running dance is supposed to portray thieves sneaking away? Teehee.)

- Outfits: AMAZING. I love both the black and white outfits and the transition between these outfits (you guys all know what I'm talking about) is SLICK. LOVE IT. I'm more biased toward the black outfits though~ Oh yeah, Hara's white outfit reminds me of the black dress SY wore at MAMA! They both look amazing~

Hmm what else.. other random tidbits,

- The ending reminds me of the ending of Honey where they walk sort of .. sideways? Haha.

- Beginning model walk is SMEXY. <3

- SY's short hair is love. Finally got clear shots of it.

- Hara especially shines in the mv. I guess they were trying to compensate for her lack of lines in Lupin? Either way, she looks absolutely GORGEOUS. ALL the girls look gorgeous and super hot! This totally makes up for the cons that I mentioned earlier. Hot mature sexy Kara > ALL.

Overall, I think this is a decent mv and shows the girls' transition from cutesy to mature very, very well. (: Love it.

Share your thoughts? :3

one-liners are greatly discouraged

Bonus picture:

d0055665_4b823fe995382.jpg

<3

cr.Kara-t

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

newbie here!

but i would like to share my opinion about the new MV...

it's dark! i love it..and the dance is sexy... i love some parts of the dance moves..

it looks kind of different..and the girls are turning so sexy..specially NICOLE!

oh well, she's so sexy from the start already :thumbup:

it's weird that t's only Nicole who looks A LOT SEXIER than the other girls..

is it only her that can pull off the sexy look?

i wonder why not all of them have some kind of sexy outifts like Nicole has on the MV..

wow..

just get home and downloading the mv right away..

i'll try to share my opinions like yours,as usual :P

- Storyline: yep..i really expecting some storyline..but there wasn't any..but overall it was still ok though, sometimes nothing at all better than unclear storyline :)

- Set: yeah..it wasn't the best..and i think there will be more scene in the set like in the teaser xD

- Lighting: yep another one, it wasn;t the best too..some were bad..

- Choreo: It was great..i really like it..although i still need to see the perf,because there were some parts that cannot be seen..and the dance break past, honestly i'm expecting something more.. and although the dance is great, but i'm still yet to find a trademark dance that can be pointed out, that was promised to surpass the butt dance..

- Outfits: it was very great..and the white outfit surprised me!!it was very great..and nicole outfit!!both of it very revealing xD but, didn't mean to be perv, but in the beginning there were a couple of seconds that i think she really need an editing..see if u can find what i mean.. >.<

but in the end,i'm still loving it..

all of them looks really gorgeous..

esp SY and jiyoung..lol..

sy's hair.. <3333

they looks really different now..

nicole looks really cool..

gyuri become more goddess xD

and hara, yeah,she really shines..

and some parts,i was mistaken about sy's line and hara's line xD

overall, although i wasn;t the best mv..

i'm still loving it..

can't wait to see them on stage..

Lupin daebak!!

KARA jjang!!!

Their MV is not amazing but I don't think it's that bad either. To be honest Kara has yet to make an MV that will become my favorite lol Though I agree that a storyline will be a good MV especially with the Lupin concept. What I like about the MV is the solo shots of the girls so beautiful and love the transition from the black outfit to white outfit and the ending is jjang.

The problem with the MV for me is that well the sets could've been better and not so bright with all those glittering things lol And how they cut the girls shots well that needs improvement and I think the MV tried to show many dance movements that they seem random but we'll see on their live performance how it pans out. Actually I love the slight mysterious, dark theme of the teaser, and I was expecting that in the full MV.

Overall the MV is not that bad, I enjoyed watching it and I guess that's all that matters. But the most important thing is that I love the song haha never thought I'll get addicted to Lupin so much :D

Haha I actually have a favorite MV now and it's Lupin teaser, that's one MV I can't stop repeating :)

Edited by firewater07

loved the video. hara's was the best part. even tho she didnt sing. seungyeon's and nicole's voice is still voices are still hot as ever. jiyoung is growing up and gyuri is doing her part as leader. the main thing i didnt really liked, was that hara didnt get her own lines. other than that. it was hot.

I agree with the comments about the storyline, set and lighting, i think if only DSP would spent more money to find a good director/crew i think they could make better. But i think that "lacking" factors got covered by the facts that the SONG itself is great, and the girls new look are AMAZING. My only regret is with such great song, DSP should invests more...although they did great on building the hype around LUPIN release. But hey..from the comments i've been reading so far the reaction has been good, so i think LUPIN will do great. KARA ftw!!

for me..this mv really out of my expectation..

i also thought this mv would hv a storyline..but it wasn't..

but i really luv their custom..really2 luv it!!

and SY is jjang!! i luv her new hairstyle..

all of them so amazing..and i can give 4 star for diz mv..

anyway,KARA'S DAEBAKK!!!

I never expect of any story line of this mv and it does not have story line hehe....

The overall thing is okay but the castle setting is a little cheap. It's too fake and less shading on it and that makes the viewer feel dull on the whole castle setting. What's up with the castle block? The moon is okay and the tiny lightnings that make up something like a star is okay... but then not for the KARA on the block!

I think if they do something about the castle, the whole production would look much better!

I like the short hair cut of SY... it's totally refreshed and a finishing touch on her image in the group!

Love nicole's getting-shorter hair as well! A very refreshed metamorphosis! plus her mysterious expressions!

The most attractive part to me is the choreography! A totally brilliant twist amongst other competitors! Just love it! Compromising some surprised tactics that's different from their previous kind! good job!

for me, i originally hoped that there would an INFECTIOUS dance, like the butt dance and beg's hip swaying dance.

to be honest, i couldnt spot any fantastic dance, unless dsp decided not to show it in this mv and replace the dance with close up shots of the girls. not that im saying the dance is pathetic, it's just that it isnt as good as the butt dance, thats all, cos the dance is still quite marvelous.

and oh yeah - THEME. in the teaser, it was obviously a mysterious city girl/thief but in the mv is "thief fantasy"?? hallo there shouldnt be such a thing. dsp got confused with the theme, i guess *pouts*

in terms of props, there is.... quite some room for improvement. dont need to be so stingy, dsp. the better you do up this mv, the more awards kara's gonna get. ok nvm, back to topic, the castle was ok..... but it just feels wrong bcos of the theme. and the moon?? hello, even i can come up with something better on my own.

and where's the storyline? isnt it about thieves? so coming up with a storyline should be pretty easy right? but nothing? jeez... all you have to do is just to show the girls sneaking in and stealing something and that's enough.

but in the end, with the black and white costume concept and the hotness and gorgeousness of our five girls, the mv is still ENJOYABLE. most ppl would be so awed by how beautiful and hot our girls gotten so they wont mind the details so much, i guess.

HEY!! BETTER RAISE THE NUMBER OF VIEWS FOR THE LUPIN MV <333333

to be honest, i couldnt spot any fantastic dance, unless dsp decided not to show it in this mv and replace the dance with close up shots of the girls. not that im saying the dance is pathetic, it's just that it isnt as good as the butt dance, thats all, cos the dance is still quite marvelous.

and oh yeah - THEME. in the teaser, it was obviously a mysterious city girl/thief but in the mv is "thief fantasy"?? hallo there shouldnt be such a thing. dsp got confused with the theme, i guess *pouts*

HEY!! BETTER RAISE THE NUMBER OF VIEWS FOR THE LUPIN MV <333333

^Really? I thought they're choreography is really catchy.. the james bond thing.. The emergency exit dance.. That emergency exit dance really gives this shineee's ring ding dong vibe and it's eye catching! For people who keep saying it is the same, It''s not the same when you compapre to ring ding dong!

oh!that halla2 dance part is pretty addicting.. in fact I am infected already.. keep swaying around like that whenever I heard Lupin's song xD

For the theme of the teaser, I couldn't agree more what you have said! It's more like a thief fantasy kind of thing.. Going to the moon and scout from there using telescope? hahaha.. It's probably a lot better if they can make 2 version of it.. Dance version and storyline =(

I would rate this 4/5

perhaps not but good for me.

lack of storyline is overwhelmed by the beautiful close-up shots.

poor setting is overshadowed by the stunning black & white outfits.

there isn't any need for supreme lighting, the girls are so hot.

love the mystery concept, the lovely hair style, the amazing dance steps, the addictive beats.

can't wait for the live performance for more. crazy about tomorrow.

Hmmm, we all have different opinions on the mv.

I really love this mv among all the others Kara had. First of all, its the style i guess. The black and white outfit is just gorgeous on the girls. I thought choreography was rather okay good~ many people may find it disappointing because they had very high expectations after 'Mister'. I'm glad that Hara was the center of the dance. DSP have to make it up to her for not letting her have any lines.

Although the mv lack of storyline, it's still nice to watch. I've repeated it many times :D

For the set and the lighting stuff, honestly, i thought its okay. I don't know how to judge such stuff :D

This sexy concept on the girls is just loved. Seungyeon's hair is the bombzx! Jing is gorgeous in this mv!

This is my favourite Kara mv.

I apologise for singing a different tune from some of you :P

Well, what we really need is the live performance to impress others.

KARA FTW!

I like how it's different from the other recent MVs from Kara :)

But...the Emergency Exit Dance kind of reminds me of Ring Ding Dong, somehow. I like how they gave Hara the most screentime though, since she has the least number of lines in the song >D

As for the setting...I suppose they could've put in more effort, as well as show Kara being thieves and somehow steal something XDD But still it was awesome but it really showed a different side of Kara.

In general, it's not my favourite Kara MV, but it's not my most hated either. Kara hwaiting~

My very honest opinion:

- Storyline: I was expecting Kara to sneak into a building or a mansion or something. I was disappointed there was no story line but our girls look great in the MV and I think they were trying to showcase their beauty and dance more.

- Set: I wish they had better backgrounds at times b/c some of the backgrounds look too flashy...maybe a bit more mysterious and darker background to fit the mood? Overall though the girls look amazing and the set made them stand out a lot b/c u got to focus on the girls more than the background.

- Lighting: It was alright but not the greatest.

- Choreo: I'm loving the choreography. I think seeing Lupin Live will really help too b/c we didn't get to see all the dancing yet.

I love the emergency exit dance, bond girl dance, Hara's hair flipping dance! The dance is very creative and I think they will put on a wonderful performance.

- Outfits: Loving the outfits. The girls look gorgeous in black and I love it when they transition from the black outfits to the white outfits. All the members were given such good outfits this time. Nicole looks sexy but I wished they didn't expose her body too much she's still really young...haha I feel like a over protective sister. Nicole still looks really hot though. I love Seungyeon's black corset outfit and I love Hara's white dress...its gorgeous!!!

Other thoughts:

-I like the beginning walk...they all look smexy!!!

-Loving Seungyeon's new haircut. She looks cute in some pics but than in others she looks so mature and smexy!!!

-I wish Hara got more lines but she seems to be in center for most of the dances and she has the most shots in MV so I guess it evens out a little bit.

-I wish some of the other members got more scenes in the MV but overall everyone looks amazing and the song is so addicting!!!

A lot of MVs nowadays don't have story lines, so I wasn't too disappointed, but it would have been nice to see the girls on some kind of spy mission.

I'll admit, the set could've been better. When I first saw the MV I thought the set was kind of cheap. The stars and moon and castle thing. The set from the teaser wasn't too bad and neither was the blue/green thing. The lighting wasn't to great either.

If it wasn't for the dancing, outfits, and the fact KARA was in it, I wouldn't have liked it very much. The dance was really nice and the outfits were pretty hot. And all the girls really did come back more powerful like DSP said.

Overall, it wasn't the best MV, but the dance & song was great.