Thoughts on Lupin MV?

xichigo

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I liked the music video since it portrayed the girls in a different concept that was both new and very interesting and more matured.

I agree with the original poster that the set and storyline were definitely lacking but also the dance is the main focus throughout and nowadays there aren't many great songs that also come with a great video (off the top of my head anyway)

Hopefully their comeback will include another song that continues off this matured concept~cheers

I'm usually the one who's not too picky about the MV cause as long as Kara looks absolutely great, then I'm all satisfied.

I've never really seen the Lupin teaser so I don't know what they did or did not include in the MV. But I agree that a storyline would have been great. I don't really mind the props/lighting, etc. Most "normal, average" MVs have that sort of props and lighting. Weird for me cause I focus too much on the girls and the poor quality of the set doesn't bother me at all. Lol in fact, I didn't think of it as poor until you guys mentioned it xD

As for the choreography, it's still great! It may not top the butt dance in my opinion, but it's still great. It may be a bit weird to see the first time but you get used to it after a while and you'll end up liking it a lot.

The outfits are just WOW. No one can argue that it's definitely awesome and matches our girls. The black outfit was amazing and so was the white outfit. After watching most performances, the outfits were never a let down. Thumbs up for that!

Overall it's still a good MV. Our girls had great outfits and they all looked stunning. Plus, the music is great ^^ It outweighs the negatives of the MV (something I didn't even notice before reading this thread lol).

Hara looked AMAZING in this MV and everytime she had her solo parts, she was just SMOKIN.

And oh my, Puppy Jing looked really really pretty in the MV. I enjoyed every moment I was able to see her :D

Ham looked great with her short hair as well. Her close ups were great.

Nicole and Gyuri looked awesome as well.

I still watch the MV and spazz over Kara. I never get tired of it xD

Edited by PioneerLtTwinkie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I loved the MV!! I think that the whole point of Lupin was to be dark, mysterious and alluring, and I didnt even think why there was no "storyline". The song had a more dance vibe to it hence the amazing choreography. Plus, I loved the outfits, and quick camera shots. For me, this was a great video.

• 2 weeks later...

i really like the lupin mv, it quickly became my fav. the concept fits the song perfectly, the dance is perfect for the tempo of the music, and multiple angles and cinematography, especially in the corridor scenes, added a nice touch. the pacing of the video was good too, mixing in slow individual shots during the slower parts of the song with the fast zooms and cuts during the faster parts.

Song: 5/5. Tied with Honey as my favorite Kara song. The amazing beat, gyuri's awesome voice, and Nicole's english rap at the beginning. What's not to love?

Dance/choreography: 3.5/5. There's a lot of cute little moves in Lupin. The slow to fast running motion the gun, the shirt flip at the beginning and end. I wish the choreography was more focused though. They seemed to be just doing random dance moves rather than having a unified move like the butt dance for mister.

Outfits: 4.5/5. The black outfits were phenomenal. Kara looked very sexy despite the outfits not being very revealing. The white outfits were not quite so good. Hara's white outfit was fantastic but Gyuri's did not fit her body type very well.

Editing/production values: 3/5. Not really much to make it stand out from other mv's out there. The one nice trick was the sudden transition from the black outfits to the white outfits.