[2008.08.26] KARA: "When Kim Sunghee left the group, we were shocked. But it trained us for a new beginning."

chupachups

0809junior-4.jpg

• With the addition of the two new members, the girl group Kara, who turned into a 5 member group, honestly talks about Kim Sung Hee's departure.

Last February, Kara's member Kim Sung Hee left the group due to academic problems. Kara's leader Gyuri together with the old members Seung Yeon and Nicole said that "It was something we weren't expecting at all, that is why we were so shocked and surprised." They added, "She was not only a precious member but also a close friend, and that is why we were saddened that we wouldn't be able to perform as one team anymore."

They were poised to be the second Fin.k.l, as Kara was modeled after them and was expected to follow their steps. This is the reason why the departure of Kim Sung Hee left the remaining members worried.

But because of these turn of events, Kara was given a new beginning with new members Gu Hara and Kang Ji Young, from a 4 to a 5 member girl group. Because of the pretty new members, interest in the group has been on the rise. They are currently promoting their mini-album with the title song 'Rock U', which is a combination of cute lyrics and lively rap, that is capturing the hearts of boy-fans everywhere.

The Kara members said that "We keep in touch with Kim Sung Hee even after she left the group." They added "It was Kim Sung Hee who felt the worst when she had to leave the group - she felt disappointed and also apologetic for her departure. When we had our comeback stage, she called us, and left us messages cheering us on. Kim Sung Hee is a great friend that we can not afford to lose."

Also, "The silver lining in these events was that we learned to appreciate each member more. It is true that we have been hurt, but it was like training for our new beginning." "We are going to show you a different side to Kara, so please anticipate our acitivites in the future", they added.

Source: spn.edaily.co.kr
Translations: Coffeebeanie @ KARAholic/Kara's Soompi Thread
Pic : Baidu

• Like 1

Aww, so sweet of KARA :) i totally agree, after the break up and haitus, they grew bigger and stronger.

Instead of being followers of SNSD, WG's, and so on, it's like they've learned to be leaders and true self. Thanks for the translations!

They added, "She was not only a precious member but also a close friend, and that is why we were saddened that we wouldn't be able to perform as one team anymore."

They were poised to be the second Fin.k.l, as Kara was modeled after them and was expected to follow their steps. This is the reason why the departure of Kim Sung Hee left the remaining members worried.

The Kara members said that "We keep in touch with Kim Sung Hee even after she left the group." They added "It was Kim Sung Hee who felt the worst when she had to leave the group - she felt disappointed and also apologetic for her departure. When we had our comeback stage, she called us, and left us messages cheering us on. Kim Sung Hee is a great friend that we can not afford to lose."

Also, "The silver lining in these events was that we learned to appreciate each member more. It is true that we have been hurt, but it was like training for our new beginning." "We are going to show you a different side to Kara, so please anticipate our acitivites in the future", they added.

Source: spn.edaily.co.kr

Translations: Coffeebeanie @ KARAholic/Kara's Soompi Thread

Pic : Baidu

love this article soooo much!!!

original KARA was too perfect for words :P

but i'm satisfied of what KARA has become at the end of the day :)

i just hope everything gets better and better for all of them including Sunghee :(

yep. people who actually doubted their friendship should read this article.

just because Sunghee left, doesnt mean the members will cut all ties with her.

their friendship is much more that just being group mates. :lol:

instead of getting depressed over Sunghee's departure, they accepted it as a treasure.

• Like 1

Wow such a very nice article indeed...XD

Their friendship of course will never end...

I wish all the best for Kara and hopefully they could be reunited once again...XD

And this not only strengthened their friendship but their love for one another as well ^^

Woohooo Kara Hwaiting!!! :lol:

that was sweet and touching... omg! I miss Seungja even more...

its true we are sad but she's more hurt than us...

aigoo! I'm going to wait for the day she comes back..

thanks!!

KARA 4EVER!

I was to hear it too.

But I will always remember

Sung Hee.I miss her.

• 2 weeks later...

i was just thinking about it..

sung hee's and music is like a relationship..

her departure is a break with 1 who doenst want the break..

sung hee is gone for now... youre hoping shell come back..

like with a break.. youre sad.. but you hope he/she will come back.. and you keep having faith :)

if she decide not to come back... youre heart kinda breaks..you would think what !! why ?? noo

just like if he/she decide to break..

but if she DOES come back.. youll be REALLY REALLY REALLY happy :)

like if the break it over and youre a couple again :)

:D its maybe a bit random.. but i was just thinking about it :P

*(lol it sounded better in my head xD)

Edited by Kami

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...