[2010.02.24] KARA: Shht! We're moving to a 4-bedroom dorm!

coffeebeanie

0941bdd1.jpg

We'll soon be moving into a 4-bedroom dorm!

The TV in the living room was small and old fashioned. 5 members and only 2 rooms were obviously not enough, and through variety programs, fans got acquainted with girl group KARA's dorm.

Although fans described it as 'simple', others admitted that the dorm looked 'pitiful'. This, in addition to the member working hard in every show they went on earned them the unique nickname of 'economic idols'.

We were curious. Last year, they had not only one, but three hits - Pretty Girl, Honey and Mister. They were considered as one of the top girl groups, capable of a triple hit.. So we borrowed one of the popular lines from Gag Concert and asked "How's your household life?"

The girls burst into peals of laughter. They said they were still living in their old dorm, with two rooms and an old TV set. But they revealed that they will be moving soon. Leader Park Gyuri explained 'The lease contract with our old dorm already expired." From two rooms, the girls will be having 4 rooms. 3 members will have their own room, while 2 will be sharing. From 'Economic Idols', they can now be called as 'Life-style Idols', the girls are thinking and planning about furniture and appliances that they will be using.

"There are a lot of things that can still be used, why change it? But we have to think about our refrigerator.. Oh, and we all agreed to buy a running machine. It looks like the members will be assigning the order of who will get to use it. Haha!"

But how about the old TV set that brought them the nickname of 'Economic Idols'? They say that it still works well.

264232721.jpg

Q: What changed about KARA?

It was already one year ago when the 5 members sang "Honey~ Honey~" with that longing looks on their faces. With Lupin, they became thieves and changed their image completely that even their fans were surprised. They say that they became more 'cunning'.

"Now, definitely, you won't feel that we were the same cute group we were before - our dance, our expressions.. At first it was awkward for us, but we became more comfortable with it through time. There is more 'acting' involved this time."

There is also a huge difference in their styles, from their Pretty Girl days. Unlike their bright and shiny days, their style now is more neat and clean, a little more mature than before. Kang Jiyoung said "Our exposure became more elegant", which caused the other members to burst out laughing. What is elegant exposure exactly? They said that we will find out when we watch their performance on stage.

Q: After the 'Butt Dance', its the 'Emergency Exit Dance'?

Nowadays, when we talk about girl groups, not only are their hit songs, but also hit dance moves. KARA is no exception. They shook up everyone's hearts last year with Mister's Butt Dance.

When asked about their latest dance step, Goo Hara pointed to a sign and said "There it is!". The sign was for the emergency exit, as their new dance step was named by netizens as the 'Emergency Exit Dance'. Giving a girl group a dance name called 'Emergency Exit Dance', KARA fans came up with this unique name.

Compared to their previous songs, the choreography for Lupin is more complicated. However, KARA members are now 'athletes' in dancing, and so they have no problem with that. But they all said "This is because of the hardships in practices before, that we are able to do well now."

Member Nicole shares "Whenever I hear our debut song Break It, I can almost hear our choreographer shout "Get in line!" "Your hands!" like that. Haha!"

But now they wont have to hallucinate about hearing things like that right? Nicole, shook her head and said "Nowadays, I keep on hearing "Turn!". Turning while wearing killer heels is not an easy thing"

Q: What is KARA's Sexy face angle?

With the release of KARA's Lupin, many noticed that the group became sexier. It is no doubt that they have matured and become more womanly.

KARA's leader Park Gyuri said sweetly, "Instead of perceiving us as just sexy, I hope they see us as a more mature KARA."

When asked about what is sexy, each member gave a different answer. Kang Jiyoung said its "S-Line", Goo Hara said "Tight clothes and the color black" while Nicole said "Hand movements and the face angel." What does this mean?

"When doing sel-ca's, there's a thing called 'Ulzzang angle' right? There's also a face angle that will make you look sexy."

source: SPORTS DONGA LINK

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic.com CREDIT FULLY WHEN TAKING OUT. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT CREDIT LINE

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG TIN I HEART YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH <333

This is such a lovely article. I just commented on the last article on how I'm so glad to be able to read this kind of article again. With answers from the girls, instead of just news newsy stuff.

This was such a nice article.

I'm still torn about them moving because I loved the old dorm so much. And there were so many memories in that dorm, I'm attached to it. But now reading this article, I'm like, yeah it's good they are moving. It's like wow now only two have to share rooms. That must be nice. And that means the dorm is pretty big @_@

I loved how Nicole mentioned Break It hahaha. It's nice to hear about memories from then. Those were really awesome times.

Indeed, Kara has finally climbed their way to the top. And I'm so glad of that. I hate how their Break It days are considered days of failure. But seeing how they progressed from then, to after Sunghee left, and JiRa coming in, and to their Lupin selves now. It's really quite amazing.

I'm so glad for Kara and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us tomorrow (:

Thanks again Tin YOU ROCK!!!

Congrats KARA. getting a bigger place. tho, i do wonder who is gonna have to share rooms. i hope nicole and hara, just cause they're like best friends. but realisticly, i think it might be hara and jiyoung. anyhow, cant wait to see what the new place will look like.

very nice article! thank you, coffeebeanie!

i'm glad they're getting a bigger place. they really deserve it! ^^

they make a good point about their songs. i just realized that

in "Honey," Kara were pining for their love

in "Wanna," they were waiting for their love to confess

in "Mister," they were making the first move and flirting

and now in "Lupin," they're the thieves who will just go and take what they want! XD

talk about an evolution! i like their new Empowered Woman feel. \m/

oh, and i get what JiYoung means by "elegant exposure." i like that Kara are more mature and sexy, but in a classy, sophisticated way, not in-your-face sexpots XP. and they're not going for the typical "Bad Girl" concept. they're good, strong women with an edge. they're still lovely and bright, they're still Kara, just cooler! ;P

Edited by ssangchuary08

i think the girls definitely deserve a new dorm, although i really do like their old one! even though it's small and simple, i think it's still a cute place to live in, and apparently it worked out for them, but a new dorm is definitely something they deserve! let's hope we get a tour in the future !

They do deserve the bigger dorm for all their hard work but there are so many memories in that old dorm and i really like it since it has the cozy feel. I wonder who will be the 2 who will be sharing a room together? I'm sure it will be out sooner or later seeing they will be asked on it when they have their comeback during interviews or radio.

Aww..they're moving.....i know its a really good thing for them and im happy but that dorm has a lot of memories even memories with sunghee unni....cozy dorm indeed. hmm..4 rooms & 5 members...lol im pretty sure the maknae is going to share a room with someone haha donnowhom....i hope they will like their new home & create new memories!

Kara is finally deserving what they should have years ago. I feel happy for them to move to a new house, hope it will be like 2NE1's with the wide screen tv, so that they can always look at their own performance on variety shows etc.

I guess the maknae will be sharing room together? Goddess definitely want a room to herself. Haha

it will be cool if Kara will have a karatv or something, cause it will be better to know how they lived, things that we don't usually see on the tv.

Love kara <3

This is such a good article with good news too..finally they moving, i bet the 88 unnies will still got one room for each other, so the two that still share room could be Nicole-Hara/Nicole-Jiyoung/Hara-Jiyoung...but their old dorm really holds so much memory from Sunghee era and their first encounter as KaRa5. And please DSP give the girls a bigger and brand new TV even if their old TV still works

Oh this is actually happening, finally!! cause their lease ran out lol. But they seem so excited and even getting together and buying a treadmill lol.. I hope we get to see what their dorms look like :blushing: thanks tin.

YAY for Kara!!! They've been bringing in so much revenue for DSP from CFs and there latest hits!!! I'm happy the girls are getting a better place and nicer appliances. HAHAHA I can see them fighting over the treadmill b/c every member of Kara likes to stay in shape!

They have grown mature and sexy!

4 bedroom ? Hmm im wondering who's sharing one of the bedroom ? maknae & hara tgt ? :tongue: Definitely not gyuri unnie for sure ! since she stated that she wants a 'keyboard in her own room' when they move ! hahaha

They totally deserve the upgrade! Am happy for them :P Hope they'll reveal their dorm to us ! hehee

Thanks for the translations ;P