KARA's music and exposure in public

KARAA<33

Hm, i just kind of wanted to bring this up because my sister brought it up.

Last year around June - July 2007, i went to a tournament. A tournament is for all Hmong (Asians) to come together and sell food, clothes, medicine, cd's, have volleyball, football, soccer and basketball contests, etc. etc. These tournaments come every year in different cities and states. Well to get to the point, last year i went to a tournament in Manictowoc, WI , and i heard KARA's 1st album playing on one booth. Every single tournament usually has a korean / japanese / chinese booth. They sell CD's, Posters, Movies / Dramas, ETC. By this time KARA had debuted already, and truthfully at first i never really cared for KARA, i was too busy with WG's. But surprisingly and weirdly, i fell in love with KARA's song "Broken Promise". I remember walking by and hearing the song, i immediately stopped and walked over. I asked the Hmong Lady, owner of the booth, who and which artist was being played. She said, "KARA, a popular female group in South Korea". She also stated, if i bought the CD, she'll sell it to me with a discount of 5 dollars because she knows i won't be disappointed. Eventually i got my mom to buy it for me :lol: lol, and the amazing thing was, throughout the whole tournament and day, she only played KARA's 1st Album. I mean, on her booth she was selling so much of WG's, DBSK, BoA, Super Junior, ETC, and all you heard was KARA. A lot of people were complaining of how she repeated the songs, they of course wanted to hear DBSK, Big bang, SuJu, etc., let's just say, all the hot korean boys :lol:

I mean the point is, it's rare to hear any news of KARA, or just any promotions of them in public. I indeed was surprised and happy when i heard and saw KARA w/ a big banner of their album photo. They obviously were the main of that booth, they totally outshined the other artists there , lol.

Sorry, if i'm to broad and it doesn't make sense . . . :thumbup1:

* Where have you guys heard or seen public promotions of KARA ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually i got my mom to buy it for me smile.gif lol, and the amazing thing was, throughout the whole tournament and day, she only played KARA's 1st Album. I mean, on her booth she was selling so much of WG's, DBSK, BoA, Super Junior, ETC, and all you heard was KARA

woah~ haha that lady at the booth is awesome.

reading that just made my day. They totally deserve more exposure, imo.

mmm... i haven't really seen public promotions of them.

but once when my family was driving to church, there was this white car next to us and they were playing KARA's Rock You. really loudly. it was actually kind of funny, because usually the only music being pumped out of cars like that is heavy metal or rock and roll, and Rock You is this happy bubblegum pop. (: but yeah. i waved at them. haha (:

that tournament sounds really fun! (:

whoa! that lady is totally awesome. haha! playing only Kara's songs. lol.

she should replace Kara's promoters. haha.

i dont really have any experience of hearing Kara's songs anywhere.

But once, i was in a puzzle store, and they had SM's Snow Dream on. ok, totally :thumbup1: . lol.

i hope one day, i'll get to hear one store playing Kara's song. :lol:

i'll be their regular customer if that really happens. haha.

iHEART_KARA, omo i loved your story :thumbup1:

that lady is totally cool.. at least she recognized good music :lol:

and it made you into a fan haha

i haven't noticed KARA promotions :lol:..

I will one day!! haha only bb..

starr.. omg.. so cool the car was rockin out to Rock U hahha..

just curious.. like what age were the people? like family? haha..

i want to know the demographic haha

EDIT:

thanks for answering my questions starr :lol:...

it's cute when a guy is singing Rock U and with his little sis in the car haha

wow! thank you people for sharing your experiences...

well, there was a time when I was going to my school then there is a store nearby, I stopped there to buy candies but I was shocked that the girl who is inside the store was playing Kara's If U Wanna, I asked her if she knows the artist and she said yes... she actually like that girl group.... hahahh!

wow... your stories are soo cool...

though we have a lot of asians here... most people listen to rap and r&b

i only know a few that listen to kpop and only like 2 of my friends have heard of kara

i should see if they have any korean festivals here and go to see if they play kara music

haha the only exposure i have experienced for Kara in public is me singing If You Wanna, Rock U and Break It in public XD

haha and people find it weird when all of a sudden i start singing "Rock Your Body I Say" and "Shake it Shake it Yo!"

Aww ^^ lol :) that's so cute! I sing their songs in public too, HAHAHA!

{Laughs to myself} I sing and dance in the public all the time.

Especially in the stores, my mom would be like, WTF are you doing!

I'm happy for Kara, they seem to get a lot of compliments!

• 1 month later...

Soompi Forums. ^^ Kara fans are so good there ^^

Last year when I was in Korea, there was this guy who was wearing a shirt that said 'I ♥ Kara'

and he was holding up a banner that says the same thing too :rolleyes: and he was singing Kara's

'if you wanna' also . I thought it was funny and cool ... but then another guy came dressing and holding

a banner just like his ... except it said 'I ♥ WG' and ended up chasing away the other guy :lol:

I have no idea what it was for though xD

sanaaki., hahaah! hilarious! I can totally imagine them chasing each other and like arguing there fave group... hehhehe...

thanks guys for sharing, it was cute reading your experiences...

- another experience of mine, my classmates borrowed my cellphone and when I went to see them at the covered court, they were so crazily dancing to Kara's Rock U and Pretty Girl... I was pretty shocked that they even knew the steps hahaahah!

Hm, i just kind of wanted to bring this up because my sister brought it up.

Last year around June - July 2007, i went to a tournament. A tournament is for all Hmong (Asians) to come together and sell food, clothes, medicine, cd's, have volleyball, football, soccer and basketball contests, etc. etc. These tournaments come every year in different cities and states.

it actually is Hmong New Year. not a tournament.

Unfortunately, I've never experienced something like that ):

But if I ever get a handphone, I'll definitely put a Kara song as my ringtone.

Cause I was in the school toilet once when I heard someone's phone ring.

The girl was in the cubicle and her ringtone was Wonder Girl's So Hot.

Oooh, must not forget that cool Nicole message tone too!

Just curious, where do you live?

I used to live in Merced, CA and Merced has the largest concentration of Hmongs, so I was wondering if you lived near there. Fresno has a lot of Hmongs too. But if you do live near there, I've never heard of that tournament D:

But currently living in the redneck county that I do, with an almost 0% population of Asians, I've never seen KARA being promoted :(

Except once in Duluth, GA when I was in a Super H-Mart, they had Break It playing in the store :lol: Does that count?

Edited by papercranes

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching Hana Yori Dango/Boys over Flower korean version

and the main girl's best friend's cellphone ringtone was pretty girl~~~ :]:]

i think it was lol

it was on for like 2 seconds

but it was def the chorus part of pretty girl

or may be i just have bad ears...

but yea :] tee hee

Edited by hopelesshong

^^ you are lying?! (did i spell that wrong?) lol

how come i didn't figure it out lol.. which episode? 1st or 2nd and which scene? lol

i need to see this lol

edit: haha it was really 2 secs lol. should've used the real song at least lol

but yay to kara for having one of their songs be used in a drama.. i think this classifies lol

I was watching Hana Yori Dango/Boys over Flower korean version

and the main girl's best friend's cellphone ringtone was pretty girl~~~ :]:]

i think it was lol

it was on for like 2 seconds

but it was def the chorus part of pretty girl

or may be i just have bad ears...

but yea :] tee hee

really. that is nice that they even had it in the video. i gonna go look for it now. lol

• 3 weeks later...