Will Kara follow others and debut overseas?

Eddie Z

Why does every Kpop artist want to go to Japan?

Simple. There is money. Japan is where the money is. Unlike Korea, where piracy levels are high, Japan's CD sales are still going strong. And that means better profit.

Tbh, I don't think they'll make it in the US. Girl groups and boy bands died a long time ago, if you don't count the Pussycat Girls Danity Kane is not counted since they're short-lived and already disbanded. Plus, I hate to be frank but to the average American, the pop music in Asia is outdated by their standards.

I think Kara can make it to Japan, provided they are given adequate training with Japanese language lessons. Their current image would fit very well with the girl group scene in Jpop. However, like I've always said, cutesy isn't for the long run. They need something different and unique to make them stand out. But I'm confident they will.

And if DSP ever decides to promote them in Japan, they can benefit from the help of their SS501 sunbaes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple. There is money. Japan is where the money is. Unlike Korea, where piracy levels are high, Japan's CD sales are still going strong. And that means better profit.

Tbh, I don't think they'll make it in the US. Girl groups and boy bands died a long time ago, if you don't count the Pussycat Girls Danity Kane is not counted since they're short-lived and already disbanded. Plus, I hate to be frank but to the average American, the pop music in Asia is outdated by their standards.

I think Kara can make it to Japan, provided they are given adequate training with Japanese language lessons. Their current image would fit very well with the girl group scene in Jpop. However, like I've always said, cutesy isn't for the long run. They need something different and unique to make them stand out. But I'm confident they will.

And if DSP ever decides to promote them in Japan, they can benefit from the help of their SS501 sunbaes.

Ahhh... I see. That's some interesting facts you got there. Thanks for sharing!

I hate to say this, but like the others mentioned, they should really be building there rep up within their own country before thinking of doing anything else. To me, their fanbase seems to be weaker than some of the competition(s) they have. Namely SNSD. If they were to debut in the US, they would ultimately have to face-off with other debuting artists like the WGs, which i don't think is a very smart thing to do. Over in Japan, they already have countless of talented artists there. It's also a disadvantage when you don't know the local language.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with most of you. They should really grow in Korea first rather then venturing into other countries. Japan can be their first stop, maybe.

Kara's fan base is growing and I hope they will someday be big enough to challenge the giants!

Should Kara change their image to expand and be successful in other countries? I'm having a hard feeling on this. In my opinion, they should not. They just need more nice, catchy songs. Songs that people want to hear and get addicted to.

:eyelove:

I think they should be focusing more on local first, they just become popular recently, although I'd really want them come to Hong Kong one time >.<!, When SuperJunior came to Hong Kong for a show, my female friends were like crazy to death, LOL!

Edited by llindvior

• 1 month later...

Whats the rush of sending them off to overseas.. Since they just debut not long ago..

I find that Kara should stay in Korea and further expand their fanbase rather then sending them overseas..

Moreover sending them overseas may not be a good idea as not all countries love the 'cute' image them Kara portrays.

Sending them to Japan = more competition for Kara. Competitive is good but not too much of it.. I guess it would be best if Kara gets more fan in Korea first rather than going to Japan.

Well, guess their trip to Japan wouldnt be much of a change though.. Just expressing personal opinion lol.