Will Kara follow others and debut overseas?

Eddie Z

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad as it sounds, I'm not sure D: They could probably in Japan... but I wouldn't want them to. I'm tired of Korean music companies always sending their bands over to Japan so they can become more popular. It's okay to do activities in Japan, but stay over there for years at a time?

haha yeah..

they should BOOM korea first before thinking of debutting elsewhere

and no.. i dont want them to debut elsewhere..im so sick of my fave artiste debutting in japan n going back n forth from korea to japan even tho i know this wil do good to their career

the furthest will be Japan

but we dont see SNSD or WG doing that yet.. altho WG has expanded to China

so kara should stay with the korean kamilians longer <3

i think DSP does has plans for Kara in Japan.

why do i think so?

example, for SS501's Mvs.

DSP used members of Rainbow/DSP7 in A Song Calling for You Mv.

probably cause he wants to use that mv as a way to introduce them in Korea.

and DSP used Seungyeon in SS501's Lucky Dayz PV. lol.

so yepp. her participation in it will surely makes SS501's Japanese fans to wonder who she is and search up on her thus...at the same time; searching up on KARA too. lol

i agree with everyone about building a stronger fanbase in korea first.

snsd, some knows chinese and some knows japanese, they are bound to be debuting in japan and china anytime soon.

and wg, they are already trying to make it into the us market. from what i've heard, they are learning english right now..?

but i don't think dsp will debut them overseas or japan yet. not maybe 2-3 more years. like some said... kara should make a BOOM in korea first ^^ and then expand from there.

haha yeah..

they should BOOM korea first before thinking of debutting elsewhere

and no.. i dont want them to debut elsewhere..im so sick of my fave artiste debutting in japan n going back n forth from korea to japan even tho i know this wil do good to their career

the furthest will be Japan

but we dont see SNSD or WG doing that yet.. altho WG has expanded to China

so kara should stay with the korean kamilians longer <3

actually.... SNSD and WG have also expanded in Thailand and Malaysia....if im not mistaken.

i agree, that DSP should wait .... if he does have plans for KARA to release in Japan... like SS501.

but it would be cool for them to do so...only because WG and SNSD have yet to try the japanese market.

the girls would probably have to learn japanese.... but then again SS501 were able to so i dont see why KARA can't as well ehehe :lol:

i nice launching pad would be if KARA were to be SS501s support act next time they tour.

I just heard that JYP is planning for the Wonder Girls to debut in the US as actresses instead of singers. I'd say if anyone from KARA could do it, Seung Yeon can probably become an actress here. She's incredibly cute and she has some experience in front of a camera from her MC gigs. That'd be totally awesome if it happened.

it's plausible.

but they might have to stabilise their fanbases in those areas first :]

i think it's okay. japan is like... a super common place for korean artists to go to after succeeding in korea... china too. I'm not sure about the Us though.. unless they have strong english commands.

^ only Nicole has good english commands..

seungyeon rarely talks in english .. maybe like some words here and there but...

i hope they get to perform in the U.S. but don't please don't "try" to make it here

unless the U.S. suddenly becomes open to kpop etc...

i have a feeling nicole wouldn't to debut here.. its like her home so she'd want to be comfortable in the U.S. and just be normal :sweatdrop:

i really don't think DSP has any plans for his/their artists to debut in the U.S. lets be realistic..

honestly, i don't think girl and boy bands should come overseas to the US.

i think solo singers would have a much higher success rate and most of the girl groups here aren't really cute, they're sexy and they wear... not much.

like the Pussycat dolls ://

I think that if KARA was planning on going anywhere, they should spread the love around to Japan and China before thinking about the US :]

• 2 weeks later...

even if they could, i'd rather them be in korea. i really don't understand why oversea success "legitimizes" a singer/groups success? honestly i think ppl like rain and seven lost popularity as they began to focus overseas. look at DBSK too, spent a lil too much time in japan imo. are they still immensely popular?? yes. are they the same before they concentrated on overseas work?? definitely no.

just do your thing in korea and if your worth it, you'll be popular overseas jsut cuz your that good. not cuz you catered to their culture.

• 1 month later...

I want them to stay in Korea alot of Kpop artist are going to America

I personally live in California but i dont see any good reason to debut

in this country literally but i really hope Kara stays in Korea but im not

going to worry to much about this since Kara just in there peak to success

i think there going to stay in Korea for a very long time me just hoping

I wouldn't mind the girls coming out here for Hollywood bowl but I really want them to stay in Korea. Japan...maybe...SS501 has had a lot of promotion of there so maybe they'll follow, but I don't want them to ;_;. They're Korean gasoos so they should stay in Korea. The American and in general the music industry is hard to please and be successful in. And since they're just starting to taste full success I want them to stay in Korea longer :).

This talk of Japan brings me to the question: Does any of the girls speak different languages? Usually ent. teaches their trainees foreign languages so that it'll help their promotions overseas.