Will Kara follow others and debut overseas?

Eddie Z

I really don't think they will get big in the US without knowing singing their songs in English. But Yelle, a french artist, has toured in the States and she sings in French so i would love for Kara to prove me wrong.

I think its because Japan represents the most US-like nation in the East. Theres also some heated history between Korea and Japan if you look into historical issues that the Japanese government were trying to cover up such as Korean "comfort women". Haha this is becoming more of a history lesson but well its actually pretty fun trying to learn the dynamics between the Asian countries and the US. Takes alot of reading though -______-

It seems there is already a growing fan base there without actually being there which is amazing. I don't know about branching out but definitely a tour.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the record companies are taking advantage of the fact that Japan has no viable choices in the area of teen idols right now. There was a time back when solo performers such as Otsuka Ai, Koda Kumi, and Yui were popular, and then before that Morning Musume, but as of late there really is nothing going on in J-Pop. Arashi is still hanging on against their new rivals, which just so happen to come from Korea. Japan is just putting our rubbish right now. Still though, with no Japanese songs it's going to be hard to attract fans.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree ! I think KARA could make it in Japan and It seems they already have a pretty good fanbase.

Howerver, they also need to sing in Japanese if they want to attrack new fans.

But in The US, I don't think so because their music style isn't really what american people usually listen to.

And even if KARA popularity has risen a lot, I don't think they have enough oversea american fans to debut yet.

DSP is smart to focus on the Japanese martket at first and even more to not rush it but to introduce the girls slowly.

haha yeah..

they should BOOM korea first before thinking of debutting elsewhere

and no.. i dont want them to debut elsewhere..im so sick of my fave artiste debutting in japan n going back n forth from korea to japan even tho i know this wil do good to their career

the furthest will be Japan

but we dont see SNSD or WG doing that yet.. altho WG has expanded to China

so kara should stay with the korean kamilians longer <3

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about other countries, but I agree that Kara probably can't break into the American market right. Songs like Rock U and Honey wouldn't do very well, since the "cute" image isn't very big in American pop. Songs like Mister and Wanna might stand a chance, though.

they should promote more in korea before thinking of going anywhere

they just got a break through with mister and if they leave now, people wouldn't really remember them anymore

but seeing that they are aiming for the japanese market, i think they'll do alright since their honey style fits right in with jpop