Will Kara follow others and debut overseas?

Eddie Z

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to offend kara in anyway, cause i love them, but i dont know how well they can do in america. i can understand places like china and japan because they're so close. physcially that is. its easier there for them to understand and communicate. but here in the us like me, its a lot harder for them to popular cause were really quite far away. the wonder girls are a good example, so is rain. very big in the asian countries surrounding korea, but in the us, i only found out who rain was due to ninja assassian. and the wonder girls from my sis and i heard they opened for the jonas brothers. i want them to come to the us, but it might be too early for them.

^

I totally agree with you.

It seems like what ever Korean star that goes to America, their fame suddenly dies down.

Look at Wonder Girls, after they went to America, what happened to them? I haven't heard of them ever since they went to America.

Same goes for Rain, it is only until recently when Rain's planning on making a comeback on the K-pop scene, rumored to be releasing 2 k-pop album this year, then I heard about his news.

Let's not be so greedy, as long as they are super famous in Asia, I'm super satisfied and happy for them. :thumbup:

I want Kara and all the other korean artist who try to make a cross to US succeed .... but its just not the same. We love them here but it wouldn't play in their favour if they did. The language barrier and taking the time to learn english would not be benefical to them now...Kara Fighting!!!!!!

Edited by BoA3401

i hope not.

korean artists singing in foreign languages just doesn't feel/sound right.

They would never be as popular as the locals(native speakers)

Even if they do sell in the short term, it probably wouldn't last

better to have a long, steady career in your home base

• 5 weeks later...

i have no doubt they will be successful and well loved in all the Asia country

As for America it would be hard as the genre of music is very different there

therefore i would prefer them to establish themselves first in Asia before making any move elsewhere

I think they can make it big in Japan. After all, they already entered the Oricon charts, so debuting in Japan wouldn't be too much of a hassle for our girls~ And I'm confident that they can take on America too, since they have Nicole with them. Hopefully they also visit other countries soon (come to the Philippines please~). Kara fighting!

They will dominate and definitely have the potential to take on Asia.

But truth be told, getting big in the U.S is going to be very very hard. The U.S music industry just isn't into that, as well as in Europe (but things are dead in Europe anyway ^.^).

I predict the most fame Kara will have will stretch from all of Asia, to the small pockets of fans in countries outside of Asia. Still KARA FIGHTING!!

non-fluent english speakers should not even try to enter the american music market they are just too xenophobic for that but i think they have a good shot at japan! as long as they sincerely put effort into learning the language and culture i think japanese people will embrace them.

Being successful in the U.S. will be very hard, almost impossible. Utada, who was said to be the one Asian artist with the biggest chance of making a splash in the U.S. market, mainly because she already had lived in the U.S. and spoke English fluently, had a tough time here. She had to change her style so much just to have any viability in the U.S. music industry.

So, if even Hikki had to constrain herself in terms of that, I think it'll be tough for others as well. Of course, given the whole situation with Jay Park now and how he's kind of blowing up in the music scene, I think it may start to change. But it will take a while.

As far as Japan goes, I think they will do well. Having listened to their tracks that have now been released in Japan, I think that Kara should definitely have a good amount of success there. ^_^