[2010.03.15] KARA's Alphabet Talk

coffeebeanie

0941bdd1.jpg

Girl group KARA conitnues to soar with their latest hit Lupin. Slowly turning away from their cute image, they now take command of the stage as sexy, charismatic theives. In this interview, we get to know more about the members - Park Gyuri, Han Seungyeon, Jung Nicole, Goo Hara and Kang Jiyoung, based on the alphabet, using KARA-LUPIN.

K: Kilogram (Weight)

The weight loss of Nicole and Jiyoung from their debut days has particularly been noticeable.

While Nicole shares that "I lost about 5kg. I go to the gym to exercise, and I also try to control my intake. A meal for 1 serving, I usually divide into 3 smaller parts.", Jiyoung says "I don't think I lost a lot of weight, its just that my body became more toned because of the exercise."

A: Accompishment

What did Nicole, who grew up abroad, want to accomplish most?

"I want our group to be recognized and acknowledged by everyone. I also want to show a great performance to my friends and family back in America. Since moving to Korea 5 years ago to fulfill my dream as a singer, I've never gone back yet. I want to go back as a KARA member and show how much I changed and grew over the years."

R: Remember

For Seungyeon, what is the most memorable experience as a KARA member?

"The day we first debuted as a 5-member KARA. It was incidentally my birthday at that time. While we were on stage on M! Countdown for our Rock U performance, I was just so nervous. It was really nerve-racking. But a lot of fans came to support us that day. I cried so much after our performance"

A: Afraid

Hara looks like she's scared a lot of things, because of her big eyes. What is she most afraid of?

"Threats. Haha~ I'm afraid to even think about threats made. You know, we hear in the news about death threats and blackmails made to celebrities. I imagined myself being in that situation, and I think it will really be scary."

L: Leader

Whats the best and worst thing about being a leader for KARA's leader Gyuri?

"Honestly, I don't know what's the best and worst thing about being a leader yet. You know the saying 'You think you know, but you have no idea?'. I think thats the case. If I wasn't a leader, I would easily be able to anwer what I would be able to do in a hypothetical situation as a leader. I think as a leader, you are responsible for a lot of things. You become more burdened than the other members. And I think it is able to help me grow morally and helps me in a lot of different ways."

U: Unique

What's the most unique thing about KARA?

"We're not always made up. As girl idols, we are expected to act pretty all the time, but on programs, we show our hardworking nature instead of pretending to look good. We think thats what our fans like about us. That we are like younger sisters to them. But on stage, we try to show them a charismatic performance."

P: Precious

Whats the most precious thing for you?

"My parents" (Gyuri)

"The bible. I've been reading it everyday for the past 8 years since my middle school days, so its precious to me. I read it every night before going to sleep, and I feel that during this quiet moment, I am able to reflect" (Seungyeon)

"My mom and my two friends here in Korea - 2AM's Jinwoon and Shinee's Key. Because we work in the same industry, we are able to understand each other well." (Nicole)

"All the people around me. I think its because of these people who worry about me and offer me their advices that I am able to be where I am today." (Jiyoung)

"Myself. Although I know that other things are important as well, I think I need to value and love myself first." (Hara)

I: Invite

If KARA were to have a concert, who would you like to invite the most?

"Our parents. We have never performed on stage where all our parents were present. So we wish to show a great performance on a big stage to our parents someday."

N: Need

Whats the thing you need the most?

"Trust. I think trust is most needed to be able to have relationships with other people." (Gyuri)

"People. Family. Fans. Close friends." (Seungyeon)

"Concern and care. There are times during our activities that we each feel tired, so I think to be able to stick together, we must always be concerned and take care of each other." (Nicole)

"Personal time. Nowadays, its piano. I want to learn how to play the guitar and keyboards." (Jiyoung)

source: SPORTS SEOUL LINK

tip-off: mae@KARAholic, anne@KARAholic

translated by: coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT FULLY WHEN TAKING OUT. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT CREDIT LINE

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao K is Kilogram.... but that's true, lol

and nicole lost 5kg it's cool!! she can lost her weight until 5 kg, amajing!!

"We're not always made up. As girl idols, we are expected to act pretty all the time, but on programs, we show our hardworking nature instead of pretending to look good. We think thats what our fans like about us. That we are like younger sisters to them. But on stage, we try to show them a charismatic performance."
nah, totally 1000% agree! kara different with another girl band, i can see it...

thanks for the translation...

-will edit laterr~~ -

Oh my gosh I really enjoyed this interview... it's been awhile since they've had one a longer one like this.

Nicole's answer got to me... under needs "Concern and care. There are times during our activities that we each feel tired, so I think to be able to stick together, we must always be concerned and take care of each other." (Nicole)

Is this her way of reaching out to the other members? If so I hope they take the hint! :)

I agree with Hara... it is those threats that can break careers, Ivy for example had to go on hiatus for 2 years because of the negative press.

Gyuri about being a leader, so true I love that quote she used "'You think you know, but you have no idea?" to frame her answer.

Aww Seungyeon, she's quite the sentimental person... the fans' support gets her everytime. Other than that she always has this strong and bubbly image.

Jiyoung is getting to be quite musically inclined and it shows in her performances these days :)

P: Precious

"My mom and my two friends here in Korea - 2AM's Jinwoon and Shinee's Key. Because we work in the same industry, we are able to understand each other well." (Nicole)

Tadaaaa and it's still JinColeKey, no winner yet. Or some third guy may come and sweep her away as they both commiserate...lol, j/k. I can understand Cole choosing guys though because I love my gfs, but sometimes, we girls are too engrossed in our own problems and guys just take better care of you. I'm guessing the "most precious" question have a silent "obviously, aside from kara", because none of them answered KARA.

On a more serious note, it's true, they always try their best in the programs and not worry about looking perfect, but on stage, there's a different level of charisma. I wish everybody could have watched them on Idol Army. They were just so funny and doing things that only male MCs dared to do, just being girls. And now, despite their success, they are still so humble, on every award show, fancam, you never fail to see our girls bowing 90 degrees (unless when no possible) to everyone, sunbae, popular groups, new debuts.

Hara's answer is jjang! Yes, if you don't love yourself, you won't know how to let others love you. It must have been difficult with her many auditions, here you are Hara, strong and beautiful.

Kudos to GyulHamJing for standing back up and always trying their best and to the HaraJing for the courage to charge ahead knowing the difficulty they would face when they came back with Rock U.'

"Concern and care. There are times during our activities that we each feel tired, so I think to be able to stick together, we must always be concerned and take care of each other." (Nicole)

Final note, ( i just came to edit my spelling mistake and i'm writing a novella now...) when you think you are tired, there person next to you is probably just as tired, if not more.

Our girls are really starting to mature!

Edited by lalalalahey

aww, i thought Nicole would have mentioned Hyoyeon and Seohyun too, lol.

Like Tin said, the girls are getting serious with their interviews. Their replies are now more...in depth? I think Nicole's fine the way she is too. No need to lose more weight.

It's nice how they put a description for each alphabet to.

Yes Hara. You need to love yourself more and be more confident. <3

thanks for the translations tin! -_-

Omg thanks Tin~ I can't stop saying how much I love reading these kind of interviews. I really like the premise of this one too, using the letters from Kara Lupin.

"Myself. Although I know that other things are important as well, I think I need to value and love myself first." (Hara)

I particularly liked this answer by Hara. Because it makes a lot of sense. If you don't know how to love and value yourself, you're never going to be able to appreciate others.

I hope we won't have to keep hearing so much about weight loss. I think the girls are getting a bit too thin for my liking. Imo it's like they're perfectly fine but yet they diet, that kind of thing. So yeah.

♫Kara♫

wow...wow..wow...

I really2 curious...huhu~

haha~Nicole really2 work out...lost 5 kilo..jjang..!! but it is suffering..cuz can't eat a lot...huhu~

I think Jiyoung lost weight...cuz we can see that her body now really2 slim...woot..woot...

Nicole...I think what you want to accomplish most is going to accomplish soon...huhu~...Kara will be in America...and hope you get to see your old friend there...

T_T...Seungyeon....we all kamilia will always support you...Gyuri is now a very2 good leader...she take care of all her member...Gyuri FTW...

we all Kamilia trust and support you...

Kara Fighting...!!!

Thnx for sharing...

♥Kara Lupin♥

OMG THATS FREAKIN CREATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe we fans can also come up with "Pretty Girl", "Honey", "Wanna" and "Mister" on our own....... *sneaky sneaky*

oh yeah thx so much for the translation btw... you translators must be working ur a$$ off day after day O.O

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

All of their answers are so sweet and true because the reason why I love Kara is their hard working nature and they're ability to be comfortable in their own skin.

The celebrity world is hard on the people working in that industry. The need to be someone you are not can be really great, so when Kara continues to stay confident; it really makes me proud to be part of Kamilia. It shows they have character and integrity.

Keep up the great work girls and know that you are beautiful the way you are!

Awww their answers to these questions are really touching and inspiring...

Everyone had their share of happy and sad moments ^^

And they have proven things to themselves by improving everyday...

A very nice article ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni and Mae onni and Anne onni for the tip off ^^

woah thx a lot for the translation..

it was so nice..

i like this interview..

and i really like gyuri's and SY's answer in most of the questions..

cole with jinwoon and key..she doesn't have any girl friends? xD

and jing..playing instrument??wanna see that xD

All the answers are good :3

In special Nicole and Hara, Nicole because talked about your friends♥ and Hara because she said something important, which a person have to love yourself for can love another person.

Hunm, the Jing's answer was so good, too ~ ♥

NiKey <33333333 /yeah

thanks for translation! i love waking up in the morning and finding new things to read about Kara! hehe

anyway.. i was surprised by seungyeon's answer concerning the Bible. I didn't know she was religious at all and that she actually reads it every night.! I also think that they are unique the way they dont always try to be pretty all the time! which is a good thing! and their answers are becoming more mature. i love being able to see them grow as individuals and as a group! goo kara!